#61 Don Grange

Don Grange

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:14 PM

View PostPro.Navigator, on Oct 1 2008, 10:09 PM, said:

Yep, but i didn't start it :lol: and i don't understand why im being penalised for putting a smily face.. when people have posted 'fail' :hrmm: i think thats a little worse than a smily face

I wasn't targetting any single person, more a group who derail every topic.

Let's all come to our senses now and stop bickering...  leather whip for the next bad post  :hrmm:

#62 Chief_Bean

Chief_Bean

Cruising at FL150

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,351 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:16 PM

View PostHMS Gannet, on Oct 1 2008, 09:53 PM, said:

View PostBAW933, on Oct 1 2008, 09:48 PM, said:

Ahh Sam causing arguments again  :hrmm:

Joke, but yeh, your in the wrong Sam :/

ere bawheid.. You've never set foot in a GA in your life so how can you tell me this? Seriously you sthu aswell because you have no idea.
Yeah...that didn't sound snobby at all.

Seriously -- if what you want is for this thread to calm down, you're not exactly going the right way about it.

You were in the wrong regarding the spin recovery, but so what? It's a good opportunity to learn from a mistake (just like I did with the rudder/aileron confusion with a spin entry). No need to take what people say about you being wrong personally.

#63 Sam Millar

Sam Millar

Orville Reincarnate

• Contest Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,740 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:17 PM

You didn't say dislike either.. regardless of how long you've been a member, your posts and mine quite clearly show who has the most time spent on this forum,

#64 Pro.Navigator

Pro.Navigator

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:18 PM

View PostDon Grange, on Oct 1 2008, 10:14 PM, said:

View PostPro.Navigator, on Oct 1 2008, 10:09 PM, said:

Yep, but i didn't start it :yes: and i don't understand why im being penalised for putting a smily face.. when people have posted 'fail' :lol: i think thats a little worse than a smily face

I wasn't targetting any single person, more a group who derail every topic.

Let's all come to our senses now and stop bickering...  leather whip for the next bad post  :hrmm:

WOW! Don is like god but in person form :lol: the peace maker :hrmm:

#65 Don Grange

Don Grange

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:18 PM

Posted Image

Would have been better in a PM my mind tells me...!  :hrmm:

#66 Pro.Navigator

Pro.Navigator

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:19 PM

View PostHMS Gannet, on Oct 1 2008, 10:17 PM, said:

You didn't say dislike either.. regardless of how long you've been a member, your posts and mine quite clearly show who has the most time spent on this forum,

WOW! you can post on a fourm! excellent! you get a pat on the back and a sticker!

#67 Spam

Spam

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:21 PM

Oh dear me...another childish bickering post, with mature/unmature people not being able to just drop it  :hrmm: Must be that time of the month....

#68 Don Grange

Don Grange

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:21 PM

Posted Image

Maybe that's a bit brutal but y'know...  :hrmm:

#69 Pro.Navigator

Pro.Navigator

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:22 PM

View PostDon Grange, on Oct 1 2008, 10:18 PM, said:

Posted Image

Would have been better in a PM my mind tells me...!  :hrmm:

HAHA! thats funny :hrmm: cyper whip :lol:

View PostDon Grange, on Oct 1 2008, 10:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

Maybe that's a bit brutal but y'know...  :lol:

Lol! Haha! At this point do i die?

#70 Chocolate

Chocolate

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:33 PM

View PostChief NWA, on Sep 29 2008, 08:15 PM, said:

I have a feeling the outcome of this might have not been good.  :hrmm:

He predicted the inevitable, the comments became way too off topic!

Anyways, very nice tutorial man!  :hrmm: .

#71 ZB_A321

ZB_A321

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:18 PM

What a riduclas Arguement !!

From what i see cheif_Bean was trying to correct HMS Gannet, Then it turned into a nasty arguement about someone posting 2 smileys.

I bet some of you on these forums think your little moderators and mummys ever so proud of you lol. Its a dam flight simulator Forum !!!! I don't see why there is so much hate on these forums.

Seriously people, Chill out, Have fun.

#72 Flightsimulatorpilot

Flightsimulatorpilot

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:45 PM

View PostHMS Gannet, on Oct 1 2008, 05:17 PM, said:

What? :hrmm:

Oh, and nice shots. That looks like fun (in the sim, of course). What plane is that?

Edited by Flightsimulatorpilot, 01 October 2008 - 08:45 PM.

#73 cptspeaking

cptspeaking

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:07 PM

On the topic of spins...

A spin is a stall that is uncoordinated.  The easiest way to become uncoordinated if you're purposely entering a spin is to add rudder.  This is the *correct* way to enter a spin.  It is possible to enter it by just banking the wings, so long as you don't add rudder to stay coordinated, but the bank alone isn't what causes the plane to "break" into a spin.

As for the inverted business, yes, this is what happens during the entry into a spin.  Only momentarily, but you do go upside-down.  The descent rate in a spin is very high, about 700' per complete revolution in a light airplane, however you're in a stalled condition (one wing anyway...the outside wing is flying, which creates the rotation...), so you're not putting an excessive load on the plane by descending so fast.

Adding power will flatten the spin out, and using opposite ailerons will increase the spin rate, both of which you don't want.  There are several great videos on YouTube on the topic of spin training...search for APS Upset training...great stuff!

To recover from a spin, power idle, ailerons neutral, full opposite rudder, push forward "briskly" (one of those keywords the FAA likes so much, especially on checkrides) to break the stall, and then recover from the dive.  When you are in a spin, the aircraft is stalled, but is somewhere around 30-45 degrees nose down.  Keep in mind pitch attitude and angle of attack are two different things.  Pushing forward is a very unnatural thing to do, but keeping back pressure will only keep you in the stall.

DISCLAIMER
Spins (in real airplanes...do it all you want in the sim :hrmm: ) should only be done with a qualified instructor after proper ground training.  Don't go out solo and try it just to see what happens.  I did spins in a 152 (loaded in the utility category) as part of my training for my flight instructor certificate two years ago.  I did them with a former USAF spin instructor with plenty of safety margin in altitude.  Rant over. :hrmm:

Enjoy trying them in FS! :lol:

Your CptSpeaking

Edited by cptspeaking, 01 October 2008 - 09:11 PM.

#74 Pro.Navigator

Pro.Navigator

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:34 AM

^Great post! thanks cptspeaking, you know quite alot :hrmm: