#1 -Yochai-

-Yochai-

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:49 PM

Hey all,

It's been a little while since I've posted in this forum, and as always whenever I post, it's a nice big AI report of a certain airport. This time I chose one of my all time favorites, JFK! I've been waiting for a good JFK scenery to come out for ages, and FSDreamTeam finally took the plunge and made an amazing recreation of this great airport.I'd like to thank David (RadRig211) and Arnad (chappati_21) for their help with the nice AI paints.
Enough chit chat and onto the pics:

Part 1/5

Singapore 25 from Frankfurt approaching 31L trailing some vortex on a hot and huimd JFK afternoon. Good to see this one in the revised bolder look!

Posted Image

Ship 5CM, now wearing the Susan G. Komen breast cancer awerness pink ribon turns onto 4L, operating as "American 679" bound for Aruba. A nice wave from the F/O to the spotters was an added bonus!

Posted Image

"Giant 8799 Papa" departing empty to Prestwick and showing us a great bank of 13R.

Posted Image

The first A380 service to the United States seconds from touchdown on 4L as "Emirates 201 Super".

Posted Image

"Air France 23 Heavy" silhoutted by the setting sun as it departs for Charles de Gaulle.

Posted Image

An ordinary afternoon on the Terminal 4 ramp...

Posted Image

JFK or Tel Aviv? if it wasn't for the EK and SQ tails in the back I wouldn't know...

Posted Image

Krakow and Warsaw flights side by side at Terminal 4.

Posted Image

Originally scheduled to be an A380 flight, but as the delivery of the second A380, A6-EDB, has been delayed until late October, Emirates is now using a mix of 77W and 77L aircraft on the late night DXB bound departure.

Posted Image

One of the most exotic visitors to Kennedy is this A340, resting on the wet tarmac before departing late evening back to PPT via LAX.

Posted Image

Swiss dominance at Terminal 4-A.

Posted Image

Nice overview of Terminal 4 and the remote stands as seen from the Air Train.

Posted Image

Just a small example of BA's huge JFK operation...

Posted Image

Perhaps the prettiest 737 around Kennedy, about to depart as BW521 bound for Piarco.

Posted Image

Toronto flight cancelled, and gave me a rare chance to see THREE LAN 767's on the ground at JFK!

Posted Image

KU102 (JFK-LHR-KWI)

Posted Image

Eurofly operate to many secondary Italian cities from JFK that otherwise could not support a nonstop JFK flight.

Posted Image

Would not like to be at the back of that!

Posted Image

Austrian operate a myriad of Star Alliance aircraft on the JFK route. OS88 bound for Vienna taxiing out of Terminal 1 at the begining of the afternoon rush hour.

Posted Image

Now withdrawn service from JFK, Israir last departure back to Tel Aviv gets prepared for a late night service as "Israir 102".

Posted Image

RAM showing strong presence at Kennedy with 2 afternoon departures to Casablanca.

Posted Image

It's gonna be a long long night for Airfrans 17...and it doesn't look that good...

Posted Image

Lufthansa's 3 class A340-600 srevice to Munich almost underway as LH411.

Posted Image

#2 -Yochai-

-Yochai-

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:50 PM

Part 2/5

Arriving as "Korean 81 Heavy" from Incheon...

Posted Image

Oldschool TAM A330-200 resting on the T4 ramp on a sunny morning at Kennedy...

Posted Image

One of many Comair CRJ's to pass throgh JFK each day, and looking good under the setting sun.

Posted Image

Resting at Terminal 7 under the setting sun, flight ICE615 from Keflavik (BIKF).

Posted Image

Delta's only 777 service to JFK arrives from Mumbai, and soon to be pulled of in favor of an ATL-BOM service.

Posted Image

Taca flight 567 to San Salvador posing nicely on the wet tarmac after a major downpour passed JFK earlier in the morning.

Posted Image

I'm not a huge fan of the Express carriers, but they do add to the varaity.

Posted Image

JAL's new 777-300ER service to Tokyo seen on a HoBe departure off 31L and showing a modest bank compared to the other heavies that morning, but with some extreme wingflex!

Posted Image

Air 2 ground shot of El Al 1832 as she holds short of 4L before departure to Amsterdam.

Posted Image

Cathay now operate 3 daily flights to JFK using B777-300ER equipment. Cathay 841 departs to HKG off 31L on a frigid NYC morning.

Posted Image

With winter just around the corner, JFK sees more and more dark and gloomy days. JM16 taxiing out for departure to a much brighter and warmer Kingston.

Posted Image

AeroSvit is again using their own euipment to JFK after the Neos lease has ended. Flight 131 from Kiev turns onto Gate D2 at Terminal 4.

Posted Image

Jordanain 262 departs for Amman early at 7:55PM with some break dust coming off the mains as the gear is tucked away.

Posted Image

Aeroflop 767 resting at Terminal 1 before returning to SVO. No luck with the Special scheme 767 this time, maybe next time!

Posted Image

Allways a favorite of mine at JFK, the Egyptair 777-200!

Posted Image

A Duo (or Duz...whatever you like) of Aer Lingus A330 meet at JFK...

Posted Image

About to return to Manchester, operating as "Pakistani 712"...

Posted Image

Finally caught the Dreamliner at night! "Dynasty 011" pushs back off a hardstand near Terminal 4 in prepartion for departure to ANC and TPE.

Posted Image

Getting a bit of help from the guys at AA as she's pulled out of T1 on flight OA412 to Athens.

Posted Image

Saudia 23 to Dulles manouvering through the JFK maze of taxiways enroute to runway 31L.

Posted Image

Malev 91 departs 22R back to Budapest, on one of its last visits to JFK as Malev is pulling out soon.

Posted Image

Nice new Avianca A319 rests for the night on the terminal 4 hardstands, far away from home!

Posted Image

CX84 (HKG-ANC-YYZ-JFK)

Posted Image

#3 -Yochai-

-Yochai-

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:52 PM

Part 3/5

Flt. 226 from Brussles reversing on 31L. Flight will soon revert back to B777-300ER so it was nice to catch the A330 while I could!

Posted Image

Asiana 222 from Incheon taxiing to its stand at Terminal 4.

Posted Image

Wunala Dreaming touching down on 4R with a bit of crosswind operating QF107 from Los Angeles.

Posted Image

One of a few Winglet equiped United 757's used on transcons to SFO and LAX taxiing out of T7.

Posted Image

Looking good in the "new" colours, as she prepares for another sortie to PHX.

Posted Image

Boarding is about to begin for flight KLM643 to Amsterdam.

Posted Image

Mistral 2 bound for Orly leads the way at Terminal 7 as the evening rush hour is about to begin.

Posted Image

One of Delta's subfleet of ex AA/TW 757's arrives from Frabkfurt operating DL107.

Posted Image

As usual, one of the heaviest departures of the day is AA167 bound for Nartia.

Posted Image

Operating an Astar flight out of Airborne Park in lieu of the more common A300's.

Posted Image

Arrives early morning and spends the entire day at Kennedy before returning to Johannesburg via Dakar late afternoon.

Posted Image

Lightly loaded freighter rotates early off 31L as "Die Nasty 5321" bound for Anchorage.

Posted Image

Named "Pride" and having it's nose and winglets painted gold to celebrate the UK's winnig of 19 gold medals at the Beijing olympics.

Posted Image

Some routine mx checks on this Polar bird before it heads out on another long haul mission.

Posted Image

CSA051 departing to Prague (LKPR).Love the new colours!

Posted Image

Etihad 101 departing off 31L and showing its new "From Abu Dhabi to the world" sticker on the foward fuselage.

Posted Image

LT3551 departs late afternoon back to Dusseldorf,with the iconic JFK tower as backdrop.

Posted Image

CV7787 going around after an aborted landing on 22R. Nice low sun creating nice shadows of the Kruger flaps.

Posted Image

Gotta be a nice view for the guys inside the JetBlue A320!

Posted Image

All Nippon 9 arriving from Narita, and turning off 22R with reversers still deployed.

Posted Image

Air China Cargo banking right on the 13L Canarsie approach, looking spectacular!

Posted Image

One of the more common freighters around JFK taxiing past terminal 1 with a line of heavies as backdrop.

Posted Image

Another trijet soon to be gone from JFK as Finnair has started phasing the MD11's out in favor of A330-300's that will serve JFK come March.

Posted Image

#4 Mr-Sim

Mr-Sim

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:53 PM

Awesome! So I take it, it is custom AI?

#5 -Yochai-

-Yochai-

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:53 PM

Part 4/5

EVA636 approaching 13L from Anchorage.

Posted Image

The huge Russlan seems to swollow that little Delta 767. ADB728 about to depart to CYQX.

Posted Image

Maria Zambrano departing off a wet runway 22R as Iberia 6250 back to Madrid.

Posted Image

Connie 289 departs off 4L with large cloud of condensation forming on the wings.

Posted Image

Lufthansa operates several weekly flights to JFK from Leipzig in addition to their Frankfurt services. GEC8283 seen prior to departure to LEJ.

Posted Image

Cool Aloha/Sun Country hybrid, arriving late evening as SY241 from MSP.

Posted Image

After seeing tens of Delta 767 this afternoon I was afraid I won't be able to see the Habitat for Humanity special scheme, luckily it arrived just before darkness operating "Delta 9" from Cairo.

Posted Image

Turkair 2 departs for Istanbul off 13R wearing the Star Alliance scheme.

Posted Image

Great afternoon light and dark thnderstorm clouds greet Mexicana flight 4 from MEX.

Posted Image

JetBlue's "Blue Velvet" resting at Terminal 6 prior to departure to Tampa.

Posted Image

Evening departure back to Heathrow as "Virgin 4 Heavy"

Posted Image

Uzbek 101 from Tashkent and Riga reversing on a wet runway 13R on a drak an murky afternoon.

Posted Image

For how long are we going to see Alitalia around Kennedy?

Posted Image

Delta's Breat Cancer Awerness jet departing off 31L to LAX as an EgyptAir 777 approaches 31R in the back

Posted Image

Air Canada 585 to Calgary banking right after departing 22R.

Posted Image

AeroMexico 402 overflying Long Island on long finals for runway 31R.

Posted Image

Overview of JetBlue's terminals 5 and 6 on a relativly slow morning.

Posted Image

Water canon salute for the retiring capitan, flight NWA053 to Amsterdam (EHAM).

Posted Image

4 jumbos lined up on the approach to 31L, it must be JFK!

Posted Image

Resting at Terminal 4 JFK-IAT before another AMC charter.

Posted Image

Delayed by over an hour due to fog, Air China 983 finally departs to PEK at 5:30PM.

Posted Image

Great night atmosphere around JFK as this Air France heavy about to taxi out to 4L.

Posted Image

Rush hour for FedEx operations, as one MD11 lands, the other departs.

Posted Image

#6 -Yochai-

-Yochai-

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:55 PM

Part 5/5

One of the last aircraft in the old crane livery depart very long way down 13R as JAL47 to Sao Paulo.

Posted Image

MU587 from PuDong turning off 4R and heading to Terminal 1 in special Shanghai Expo 2010 colours.

Posted Image

Qatar's inaugural service back to Doha about to depart as QR084.

Posted Image

Another busy afternoon at JFK...

Posted Image

A rare daylight appearance for this nocturnal visitor to JFK makes this spotter a happy campper :hrmm:

Posted Image

As usual most south american flights arrive and depart early morning...

Posted Image

Korean 8254 turns onto 4L heading out for Anchorage

Posted Image

El Al 2 departs for Tel Aviv late afternoon and looking absolutly stunning!

Posted Image

The first of several daily American 777's to depart for London,looking good and shiny as it heads off 22R.

Posted Image

Southern Air departs quickly from 04L enroute to Los Angeles.

Posted Image

A MegaArk making a late afternoon arrival on 22R as seen from the mounds.

Posted Image

It's all about the European heavies this afternoon...

Posted Image

Arriving as Iceair 782 from Keflavik on behalf of Icelandair.

Posted Image

KLM alternates between B777's and B74E's on the JFK flights.

Posted Image

Redwood 24 departing to Los Angeles.

Posted Image

Compass 1852 on a HoBe departure off 31L bound for DTW.

Posted Image

Freshly painted in TAM's new livery, JJ8082 from Guarulhos approaching 22R as a major storm is about to pass the airport vicinty.

Posted Image

Afternoon scene with a Lufthansa A340 taxiing out towards 4L.

Posted Image

No words needed to describe this picture...

Posted Image

Finally catching an Asian bird in the new colours!

Posted Image

Some of the common cargo visitors to JFK rest on the ramp...

Posted Image

That's it floks, hope you had a blast, comments welcomed!

Cheers

Yochai

#7 mitra

mitra

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:37 PM

Well well, I had promised some long elegant elaborate speech just to emphasize my gratuity for this, but I have a hunch about how you think I feel after seeing this thing 3 times within 15 minutes of your posting it and documenting all of those story bits. So that need not be, I'm at a luss. You truly are some sort of godlike figure when it comes to this, though that may be so because you're the only spotter I have full respect in, let alone the only full spotter I know. Your work fuels mine in inspirations....I bow down for the millionth time.

I hope this doesn't sound like some sort of homily to cry over-

Edited by mitra, 28 October 2008 - 05:39 PM.

#8 anthonyrm1

anthonyrm1

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:08 PM

oh my goodness, so impressive, im sure i have all of those airlines installed and my jfk never looks as busy as that! great work and fantastic edits, the iberia a340 departing is stunning!

#9 Azbaz

Azbaz

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:25 PM

WOW, they look absolutly amazing.

Ive quite enjoyed all the posts with the AI spotting in them, would love to see more of it from other airports around the world :hrmm:

Azbaz

#10 Greeney

Greeney

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:42 PM

And you hop right back on the horse Yoachi! Awesome work.

#11 MIA-PILOT

MIA-PILOT

Screenshot Hotshot of 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:58 PM

Nice ai and captions :hrmm:  btw how do you know all that information about the traffic?

#12 BAW128

BAW128

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:00 PM

Outstanding set there, hats off to you!

#13 RadRig211

RadRig211

Orville Reincarnate

• Members/Edit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,823 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:23 PM

Another true example of why you are - and will always be - the AI King! Stunning report as always, Yo! Some very intelligent and creative editing (I didn't know you were an F/O for AA :hrmm: ; Water Cannon ; Condensation and reflections!) as well as some smart comments ("A Duo of Aer Lingus" as one example). A fully perfect report by you, again mate! Glad I served as the previewer for these - because it just might be your best.

A stunning report! 5/5 stars, mate!

Can't wait for Sao Paolo :hrmm: :lol:

#14 Brand_GE-115B

Brand_GE-115B

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:20 PM

Simply AWESOME!! Your reports are the best!!

You really know exactly how to edit and those captions just top it all off.

Well done!

#15 Avichai Koor

Avichai Koor

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:50 PM

Wow parts 4 and 5 are amazing.well done

#16 Guest_سمك أ_*

Guest_سمك أ_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:03 AM

Nicely done mate, simply superb and makes me want to get an AI package and head back to old FS9 default ATC with some edits lol.

#17 JAI777W

JAI777W

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:02 AM

Holy crap!

Lego is making planes nowadays too?

Posted Image

Some of them are really good by the way (Like the reflection on the tarmac you did!)

#18 jakepope

jakepope

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:21 AM

:hrmm:
DAM, thats nice, big shout out to the Openskies,

Lovely, I got the openskies sa my wallpaper :hrmm:

Jake

PS Could you upload that openskies oen bigger?

Thanks

Edited by JakePope, 29 October 2008 - 06:23 AM.

#19 Krigl

Krigl

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:27 AM

Amazing set... took forever to get through them. Now I feel like I was there myself..... :hrmm:

#20 Spam

Spam

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:22 AM

They are indeeed a creative set well done! can you share how u create the standing water reflection?? its great and very realistic! my only criticism is the lighting that your adding to the aircraft in my opinion spoils them a little, but thats just somthing for you to work on for your next set  :hrmm: