Can you get on msn mate?

#22 Jambone

Jambone

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:02 AM

Also, no offence, but you're doing a lot of imagery, stop thinking of the site as lots of pretty images, and think of it in terms of practicality :hrmm:

Add me on MSN and I'll be more than happy to show you how you can improve your webdesigns.

The three key words I have in my mind when designing a website are CLEAR, CLEAN and CONCISE.

Edited by Moses., 01 November 2008 - 09:04 AM.

#23 Prash

Prash

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:19 PM

Hows this design:

Posted Image

#24 Jambone

Jambone

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:41 PM

Ok, firstly, lose the background., that's horrible.

Secondly, I dunno dude, just looks, childish, seems like a 5 minute jobby.

You need to lose that whole design type, and plan something different, take a look here:

http://nggaming.net23.net/

http://fluxair.x10ho...mfnew/index.php

Try something like those. CLEAR, CLEAN, CONCISE :hrmm:

Edited by Moses., 01 November 2008 - 12:43 PM.

#25 Prash

Prash

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:45 PM

I uploaded it, please let me know when the review thing blows over.

- Thanks!

Hail Moses?

Cheers, ill take a look.

#26 Jambone

Jambone

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:50 PM

Review thing is over.

3 observations:

1.) You didn't set margin: 0 auto; in your CSS, therefore NOTHING is in the middle.
2.) You're the messiest coder in the world, try neaten it up (less blank lines, more paragraph indents.
3.) Try to use divs not tables, much easier :hrmm:

#27 Prash

Prash

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:20 PM

Moses, I'm only using AP Divs for now, when I get it right, Ill center it then use Divs.

BTW, adding you on msn :hrmm:

#28 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:58 PM

Made you one, use this :hrmm:

Posted Image

#29 Prash

Prash

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:00 PM

Thanks mate,

#30 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:04 PM

psd http://rapidshare.co...tled-1.psd.html

#31 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 04:18 AM

So, are you going to use it? and your site is messed up :hrmm: http://www.prashdesi.../portfolio.html :hrmm:

Edited by Atheist, 02 November 2008 - 04:19 AM.

#32 Prash

Prash

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:03 AM

View PostAtheist, on Nov 2 2008, 09:18 AM, said:

So, are you going to use it? and your site is messed up :hrmm: http://www.prashdesi.../portfolio.html :hrmm:

Uploading a new design- one that actually is worth looking at :lol:

#33 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:26 AM

Ooo, is it the green one? :hrmm:

#34 Salem

Salem

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:35 AM

Well, you should know couple of things: instead of creating images-based navigation links you can do exactly the same and even better than the current ones with a little bit of CSS. Instead of tables use divs. Instead of fixed containers(like the Welcome box or even the main container) you should learn to make height-expandable ones(rounded corners are possible too), check out www.roundedcornr.com. Instead of using one-colour images for background you can easily assign that color as body{background-color:#XXXXXX;} in the CSS because it looks much better(more professional, no white spaces and functions better). Also, a wrapper div(that contains all the items inside it) is important if you need to center your content and it allows constant margins throughout the page. Good luck! waiting to see your next design.

Check out http://www.w3schools...TML/default.asp for basic XHTML knowledge, with practice you will have good skills(I am a still a newbie who makes half-assed websites too :hrmm:).

#35 Prash

Prash

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:49 AM

Hey salem!

I've not created any Style Sheets - as of yet. I just wanted to see what people thought of my design, thanks for the link!

#36 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:03 AM

Prash gave me that link a while ago, I think he already knows xHTML :hrmm:

Now Salem, can you check your PM box :lol: it's full :hrmm:

#37 nightfox

nightfox

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:48 PM

I'm afraid if i were a guy looking at your site thinking of getting some graphic designs done I would move on and find someone else, as that web site is something my next door neighbors kid would come up with. You can't go professional quickly, you have to practice your design skills, make a few mock web sites, code in XHTML and learn a few different languages (web site languages) such as javascript, php, asp, asp.net, jsp. Learn CSS style sheets, do loads of practice ones then when you get good enough ask some members on this forum to give you honest feedback on your designs, use their advice, then do some free designs then when you get real good, then start to charge people for web designs and graphic designing, if you don't you won't get any customers, no interest, and don't just go on your parents feedback or friends they are all biased towards you and don't give unbiased feedback. I am not saying i am 100% good, but i do some graphic design but not for a fee, I am able to code in xhtml, i know javascript,css style sheets and some php, you have a long way to go yet before you can start to charge people money for graphic designs.
Cheers
Dan C

#38 Prash

Prash

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:58 PM

View Postnightfox, on Nov 5 2008, 09:48 PM, said:

I'm afraid if i were a guy looking at your site thinking of getting some graphic designs done I would move on and find someone else, as that web site is something my next door neighbors kid would come up with. You can't go professional quickly, you have to practice your design skills, make a few mock web sites, code in XHTML and learn a few different languages (web site languages) such as javascript, php, asp, asp.net, jsp. Learn CSS style sheets, do loads of practice ones then when you get good enough ask some members on this forum to give you honest feedback on your designs, use their advice, then do some free designs then when you get real good, then start to charge people for web designs and graphic designing, if you don't you won't get any customers, no interest, and don't just go on your parents feedback or friends they are all biased towards you and don't give unbiased feedback. I am not saying i am 100% good, but i do some graphic design but not for a fee, I am able to code in xhtml, i know javascript,css style sheets and some php, you have a long way to go yet before you can start to charge people money for graphic designs.
Cheers
Dan C

First up, this website was just set-up 'for a practice,' but then I got a customer :lol: And when I made his website, I tried not to :hrmm: it up, http://www.tottradio.co.uk - Don't tell me bout the logo I know, not my fault :lol:

But you all are right, those designs were :hrmm:.

Thanks Guys!

Edited by Prash, 05 November 2008 - 07:00 PM.

#39 nightfox

nightfox

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:57 PM

You need to clear up your code, it is real messy and it is not xhtml 4.01 transitional. I would not put up sites that you made for just practice, as it does not look good, you make them and view them in private, then you send it out to let some other people have a look, then when you get it all working and looking good, and the code is neat then you can put it up live.
Cheers
Dan C

#40 Salem

Salem

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:14 AM

Here are some things I noticed, hope that it helps you:
1. Get rid of tables and use <div>s instead.
2- Your rounded containers' corners are very edgy and don't have smooth transition.
3- Build the website around the logo scheme and colors and not the other way around.
4- For great color combos visit Kuler.