35 replies to this topic

#21 Sam.

Sam.

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

Your best option (IMO) is the PA A320 and VASFMC Panel.

Download: http://files.vas-pro...wfile.php?id=14 + http://files.vas-pro...wfile.php?id=17 (The latest AIRAC would also be a bonus).

#22 _haphadon_

_haphadon_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:55 PM

Booked BAW799 going from EFHK - EGLL

I hope this all works our but I am not too sure...

#23 Flying_Pie

Flying_Pie

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:05 AM

chances are my vid card isn't coming before the event, doubt I'll be able to fly :hrmm: I'll give up my booking if I'm not notified of a shipment by monday

#24 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:50 PM

View Postnavymmw, on Jan 2 2009, 11:30 PM, said:

Just booked CPA250 LHR-HKG. One of my concerns is the gate issues. What is going to be done for those who use defult heathrow as compared to Aersoft Heathrow. There are bound to be some problems there. Also does anyone know if we will get assiagined gates or a briefing before we fly?

Heathrow has not changed much since that scenery came out, not much difference, just T5 is there and the taxiways around the terminals have changed.

Robbie

Edit: I mean the defualt scenery layout..

Edited by G-BOAC, 04 January 2009 - 05:52 PM.

#25 Flying_Pie

Flying_Pie

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:29 AM

I'm about in tears...I won't be able to fly it :lol: gonna be so busy and I'MA :hrmm: MISS IT

anyway, I'm selling the last inbound transatlantic flight available for $10 :hrmm: anyone want it?

Spoiler

#26 Sam.

Sam.

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:07 PM

View PostG-BOAC, on Jan 4 2009, 10:50 PM, said:

View Postnavymmw, on Jan 2 2009, 11:30 PM, said:

Just booked CPA250 LHR-HKG. One of my concerns is the gate issues. What is going to be done for those who use defult heathrow as compared to Aersoft Heathrow. There are bound to be some problems there. Also does anyone know if we will get assiagined gates or a briefing before we fly?

Heathrow has not changed much since that scenery came out, not much difference, just T5 is there and the taxiways around the terminals have changed.

Robbie

Edit: I mean the defualt scenery layout..

The co-ords are off though...

#27 Captain Quagmire

Captain Quagmire

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:40 PM

I cant wait till tomorrow!! Are the timings local times? So as in 13:38 London Time. And does it mean i gave to be ready at the gate at 13:38 or aim to take-off at 13:38. Below are the brief details of my flight, just a nice short flight to Edinburgh.

Flight Number: BMA3EH
Flight: EGLL - EGPH
Time: 1338Z - 1428Z
Aircraft: A320
Airline: British Midlands

#28 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:06 PM

View PostCaptain Quagmire, on Jan 10 2009, 06:40 PM, said:

I cant wait till tomorrow!! Are the timings local times? So as in 13:38 London Time. And does it mean i gave to be ready at the gate at 13:38 or aim to take-off at 13:38. Below are the brief details of my flight, just a nice short flight to Edinburgh.

Flight Number: BMA3EH
Flight: EGLL - EGPH
Time: 1338Z - 1428Z
Aircraft: A320
Airline: British Midlands

Those times are Runway Times, as if you look at www.heathrowairport.com, all the times are 05, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 and 00 past each hour, not 38 or 28. So your push is likely to be about 15 minutes before that :hrmm:

Regards.

Edit: So your push time will likely be 13:30 (Gate Closing time) there is going to be delays so your not ever going to get that time accurate.

Edited by G-BOAC, 10 January 2009 - 02:12 PM.

#29 _haphadon_

_haphadon_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:00 PM

I thought I missed it I thought it was today and since I was busy thought I missed it buy just found out it is tommorow :hrmm:

#30 Flying_Pie

Flying_Pie

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:03 PM

7 hours till the event and there are already almost 30 long hauls inbound :hrmm:

so sad I'm missing it..

#31 _haphadon_

_haphadon_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:02 AM

Has anyone here taken off or landed at EGLL? How are the servers, ATC and pilots?

Edited by _haphadon_, 11 January 2009 - 09:03 AM.

#32 Captain Quagmire

Captain Quagmire

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:00 AM

I just finished my short London to Edinborough flight and i must say that the ATC was excellent! Even though i was delayed by 10mins or so, but they its Heathrow so it felt realistic! :hrmm: I did get cut off a few times at the gate when i was requesting push and start but appart from that, it was excellent! Next time i will do a longer flight as i couldnt do one today with Man Utd vs Chelsea on fairly soon :hrmm: When i first loaded the server, i was getting fairly low FPS but a few minutes in, i was getting well over 30FPS and regarding pilots, no problems there appart from one guy that kept trying to squeeze his 777 between such a small space.

Edited by Captain Quagmire, 11 January 2009 - 10:01 AM.

#33 _haphadon_

_haphadon_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

View PostCaptain Quagmire, on Jan 11 2009, 10:00 AM, said:

I just finished my short London to Edinborough flight and i must say that the ATC was excellent! Even though i was delayed by 10mins or so, but they its Heathrow so it felt realistic! :hrmm: I did get cut off a few times at the gate when i was requesting push and start but appart from that, it was excellent! Next time i will do a longer flight as i couldnt do one today with Man Utd vs Chelsea on fairly soon :hrmm: When i first loaded the server, i was getting fairly low FPS but a few minutes in, i was getting well over 30FPS and regarding pilots, no problems there appart from one guy that kept trying to squeeze his 777 between such a small space.

Great my flight is in 1 hour and 5 minutes cant wait :lol:

#34 suddste

suddste

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,233 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:28 PM

The flight I did was BAW663 LCLK-EGLL back from my flight yesterday BAW662 EGLL-LCLK, the event was pretty good!

#35 JordanFarmer

JordanFarmer

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

Such a shame i couldnt be there, i booked then realised i was working :hrmm: so released it! oh well, it sounded like it was pretty good! how did the servers cope? i hope nothing exploded :hrmm:

#36 suddste

suddste

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,233 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:03 AM

View PostDevonshire Pilot, on Jan 11 2009, 07:36 PM, said:

Such a shame i couldnt be there, i booked then realised i was working :hrmm: so released it! oh well, it sounded like it was pretty good! how did the servers cope? i hope nothing exploded :hrmm:

Only got disconnected like 3 times! But that was only after I had landed, and so wasn't that bigger deal, but I think it was busier before I landed, so I don't know about that. I reckon the servers did well, I don't know what anyone else thinks?