17 replies to this topic

#1 977th_VBA-CMDR

977th_VBA-CMDR

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:05 PM

Okay here is my delema I'm working on a paint not saying of what but i need to lign up textures on the side and in the front how do i do this? I will send the textures to someone if they can help me lign them up????

#2 977th_VBA-CMDR

977th_VBA-CMDR

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:05 AM

anyone? :hrmm:

#3 Lukesap

Lukesap

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,840 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:46 AM

There should be red crosses on the paint kit, which are put there to help allign your textures. Use the pen tool or lasso tool (what ever you prefer) and cut around the template cut outs, then paste them into photoshop on your paint and fade the opacity to allign them up, once they are alligned, simply cut out your paint and paste it onto the template cut outs but remembering obviously to put the opacity back to 100% otherwise you will have a see through paint.

Sorry its not to clear but was kinda rushed but thought i would try and help you out.

#4 Chris.

Chris.

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:28 AM

View PostLuke19, on Feb 12 2009, 07:46 AM, said:

There should be red crosses on the paint kit, which are put there to help allign your textures. Use the pen tool or lasso tool (what ever you prefer) and cut around the template cut outs, then paste them into photoshop on your paint and fade the opacity to allign them up, once they are alligned, simply cut out your paint and paste it onto the template cut outs but remembering obviously to put the opacity back to 100% otherwise you will have a see through paint.

Sorry its not to clear but was kinda rushed but thought i would try and help you out.
That works, but the easiest thing for me is to merge all layers on the PSD, make a seperate copy, then use the magic want tool and cut out all of the background on the paintkit. This not only gives you an easy, perfect cutout, but it also leave you the red crosses. Copy this layer, then paste it onto the BMP and mask whatever you don't need.

Kind of a rookie question to be with holding what your painting tbh... :hrmm:

#5 977th_VBA-CMDR

977th_VBA-CMDR

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:01 PM

oh no i just said that for some mystery but lol Im painting a a-319 united airline's OC and umm I'm good at texturing but aligning is my problem:(  I truely didn't understand either of you could someone plzz put up a little pic by pic explaining? thanx much appreciated:)

#6 Chris.

Chris.

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:27 PM

Haha, I would if I could bud but if you couldnt understand that I'm not sure how you could texture a plane. I really honestly don't mean any disrespect to you but those are basic PS terms that every texture artist or even repainter should know...

#7 977th_VBA-CMDR

977th_VBA-CMDR

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:21 AM

I understand all the terms I've been using photoshop for going on 4 yrs now, Your directions are confusing and not well worded and picture's are alot easier to follow no disrespect :hrmm: thanks though! If you could take one picture of the product in ps I could probably figure it out :hrmm:

#8 Chris.

Chris.

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:31 PM

Alright man, I'll give it one more try.

You have finished your repaint on your paintkit. You save it as a file, I usually use a BMP to preserve quality. This will merge all of the layers on the PSD, such as windows, doors, dirt, anything you added to it. Open that back up in PS, and make a layer from the background, which should be your whole paint. Now, using the magic wand tool, click outside of the textures your copying. This is usually a blue, purple or some other uniform color. If you then delete the selected color, you have a perfect cut out of your plane, including the red alignment marks found on the sides of the plane, as well as top and bottom and a few around the tail. Copy this cut out, and paste it on the BMP cuttout, and you can easily align using the red aligning marks. Cut out the sections of the plane that aren't used, and there you go!

#9 thunder1

thunder1

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:31 PM

Thank you I understood this fine :hrmm:

#10 977th_VBA-CMDR

977th_VBA-CMDR

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

what about a paint kit like this??
Posted Image

#11 Chris.

Chris.

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:51 PM

lol dude straight up that should be self explanatory.

#12 thunder1

thunder1

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:01 PM

Im asking how do i allign it on the main texture's :hrmm:

#13 Chris.

Chris.

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:18 PM

I don't know how to help you guys any more. If you really have 4 years of photoshop experience, you should be able to figure it out dude....its pretty much a straight copy and paste. Copy is CTRL + C and paste is CTRL + V.....

#14 thunder1

thunder1

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:58 PM

Ok I now How to copy and paste and how to move the textures but how do i allign them? I know go into fs come out move it up or down go back in see if its right. But there has got to be an easier way :hrmm:

#15 Chris.

Chris.

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:03 PM

Well the 1024*1024 bitmaps that you aling the textures on should have some of the base charachteristics of the paint (such as doors, windows, and lines) so if you decrease the opacity of your paint, then you can line them up that way (door to door, line to line)

any help?

#16 thunder1

thunder1

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:17 PM

That is exactly what I do! but In fs there a little to high or little to low! I'm asking how do you allign  do you go in to fs a bunch of times and just keep moving it a little each time??

#17 Chris.

Chris.

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:35 AM

No, I use the red cheat lines, but on a paint without cheat lines, just zoom in to like 400, 500% and make sure its accurate, it should line right up.

#18 thunder1

thunder1

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:57 PM

Haha I'm a dummy I never thought to zoom in lmao thanks man will try when I get home! :hrmm: