2 replies to this topic

#1 smonkcaptain

smonkcaptain

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:53 PM

Hello all, I'm talking on behalf of my friend Aidan Ingham who has created a wonderful remake of Exeter International Airport, situated in the South-west of England. The airport carries a mixed bag of traffic varying from the small Dash 8's of Flybe up to the slightly bigger a310's of Air Transat.

As we all know, flight simulator default scenery is not realistic enough for us to enjoy flying to and from the airports so therefore scenery is adequate. Aidan is not the most experienced in scenery making, but has certainly come along way with this scenery. Alot of scenery companies, understandably concentrate on bigger more known airports around the world, but Aidan felt Exeter has the potential to become a well known airport within the sim so he has attempted to recreate a more realistic airfield.

The scenery includes a remake of the terminal, not exact but using Google earth image to get buildings efficiently placed and as close to reality as possible. Unfortunately there are no screenshot's, instead he has chosen to publish a video on the scenery which can be found here.

The scenery has been made using AFCAD and Ez scenery where by which some buildings have been borrowed from previous software. Aidan hopes to continue his skills making custom buildings and optimizing the scenery further, and hope to eventually release the scenery free of charge.

Thankyou.

Edited by smonkcaptain, 12 February 2009 - 03:53 PM.

#2 JordanFarmer

JordanFarmer

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:57 PM

Oh cool, i live near Exeter and have been waiting for scenery to be developed for a while now, its great that somebody is finnaly going to do some, and i cant wait until its released! Is there a site in which we can see the progress etc? Thanks very much James, and well done Aidan :hrmm:
Jordan

#3 smonkcaptain

smonkcaptain

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

Scenery is on hold for the moment. Release will be a further matter. Sorry for the delay!