- - - - -

(58 nm) - Ormond Beach (KOMN) to Ocala (KOCF)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 usnchris

usnchris

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

FS Version: FSX
Duration of Flight: 40 minutes
Departure: KOMN
Arrival: KOCF

Route: KOMN -D> OMN -D> KDED -D> X55 -D> KOFC
Link to Flight Plan: http://www.vataware.....cfm?id=3066970

Time of Day: Night
Meteorological Conditions: Clear

Description: My FIRST PROFESSIONAL XC on FS! I unfolded the sectional, got out the plotter and went to work for 20 minutes working out my 3 legs. Filled out a VFR navigation chart, and took off out of Ormond heading outbound on the 211, towards Deland Municipal.

Basically, this was pilotage at its best. With it being pitch black outside, I had to be SPOT ON (or close to it :hrmm: ) with my calculations, or else I would miss my checkpoint sand then get hopelessly lost. But, each checkpoint turned up exactly on-time (I was using my X52 MFD timer, first time I've used it for what it was intended for), and I arrived at my destination only 2 minutes late of what I calculated!

Long story short, Pilotage is fun stuff. Expect more of these reports in the future, specifically daytime ones were you'll actually have screenshots! Haha

Side note: Does anyone know why my flight path didn't show up? I had entered it like this in the FSInn FP-

OMN KDED X55 OCF

So what exactly did I enter incorrectly there which led to "Flight Plan parsing" failure?

Edited by cfschris, 07 March 2009 - 08:51 PM.

#2 Bman.

Bman.

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:51 PM

I love busting out the sectional charts + plotter.  It's a lot of fun and not nearly as easy as it seems.  

The flight path doesn't show up sometime if you haven't entered onto a victor way at an intersection.  I forget exactly what the deal was but this happen to me on a VFR flight as well.  Perhaps it was that it only tracked IFR plans regardless of the flight plan filed.

Benjamin.

#3 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:01 PM

It isn't VFR if there's no sectionals. :hrmm:

Edited by Buziel-411 (RED), 09 March 2009 - 02:01 PM.