63 replies to this topic

#61 Spam

Spam

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:31 AM

Not to be funny but some of you are gonna scare him by here!! hes probably looking at some of these answers and thinking  :hrmm:

#62 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:46 PM

One more thought,

I haven't touched the default A320 since the first time I played FSX. The flight dynamics and characteristics of this plane are horrible.

I honestly don't think that changing the flight laws on the FCCs will do any good because all of the default heavies use the same basic autopilot but then again, maybe they do. Maybe you can edit the handling in the config file.

View PostDrak, on Apr 1 2009, 01:19 AM, said:

I was looking at the Just Flight Airbus manual yesterday, and it seems you fly the airbus almost straight onto the runway (3 or four degrees nose up max) or else you get a tailstrike (at 9 degrees+). Maybe you are indeed nose-upping too much for the autopilot :hrmm:

The button THBatMan8 means is labelled 'speed hold' if you have tool tips on and hold your mouse over it. It is the speed adjuster knob, between 'SPD 140' and 'SPD MACH' in your screen shot.

Yes, you can actually press that and it will go aslightly darker (or lighter) shade of gray.

That's basically how you fly any heavy, not just a Airbus.  :hrmm:

#63 Drak

Drak

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:42 AM

Ah, the manual implied that the Airbus has stronger 'struts' (on the landing gear I expect) to 'absorb the impact'.

I imagined that they meant stronger than Boeings :hrmm:

#64 Salty25

Salty25

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:44 PM

View PostDrak, on Mar 31 2009, 11:19 PM, said:

The button THBatMan8 means is labelled 'speed hold' if you have tool tips on and hold your mouse over it. It is the speed adjuster knob, between 'SPD 140' and 'SPD MACH' in your screen shot.

Yes, you can actually press that and it will go aslightly darker (or lighter) shade of gray.

You know... I thought it was that button.  I hit it a few times and it didn't do anything.  I can hold the mouse over a button or window and it will tell me what it is, or give the plus / minus to make adjustments.  But, that button didn't do a thing when I hit it.  Turn darker, beep, burp or anything that seemed like it did something.

View PostJET PILOT, on Apr 1 2009, 12:40 AM, said:

:o I thin kthat was me.. Not Bat  :hrmm:

Was that you???

My bad.   ;)   Have to give props to the right person.

Sorry about that JetPilot.    :hrmm: