SergeBMW

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:13 PM

Well here you go Chief NWA, Tampa :hrmm:

On the DA-40 and a Cessna 172SP

Some pictures you see the sky as clear and then hazy, its just due to the screenshots, everytime I take one, the sky clears up for a few seconds. don't know why.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by SergeBMW, 26 April 2009 - 08:15 PM.

#42 TopDollar

TopDollar

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:22 PM

X-plane doesn't come up to par to FSX with flight simming.  What it is best used for is testing certain aspects of aircraft in different conditions.  Best used in an engineering setting.

#43 Chief NWA

Chief NWA

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:28 PM

Hmmmm, not bad :hrmm:

I think I'll stick with FSX. I like my autogen! :hrmm:

Thanks for taking the time to post them!

#44 SergeBMW

SergeBMW

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

Please remember that this is on almost default settings! I may take some on full on everything plus water reflections =D

For my taste, FSX was really nice, but it lowered my FPS. FS9 wasnt as good in looks as FSX but it suited me very well as I was more into the Airline flight and ocasionall VFR around Washington and Alaska.

X-PLane is basicly like FS9 for me on MY settings. I can definatly raise it alot more but I choose to save the extra FPS since im already accustomed to this quality from FS9.

btw I finnally got my secondary view on a networked machine working on X-Plane. Its sooooo simple and does not require extra programs such as in MSFS like WideView. WideView gave me a bunch of stutters which I could not fix.

Soon, ill be getting a few fairly standard running machines, not too expensive and probably get like 5-6 of them for views and instruments. I see a great future for my Airbus Sim :hrmm:

#45 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:05 AM

View PostTopDollar, on Apr 26 2009, 08:22 PM, said:

X-plane doesn't come up to par to FSX with flight simming.  What it is best used for is testing certain aspects of aircraft in different conditions.  Best used in an engineering setting.

How have you come to that decision? Have you tested it thourougly? have you tried all aspects of the sim? have you tried the X-Scenery MU2? and the Tecnam P92?

View PostChief NWA, on Apr 26 2009, 08:28 PM, said:

Hmmmm, not bad :hrmm:

I think I'll stick with FSX. I like my autogen! :hrmm:

Thanks for taking the time to post them!

The autogen in Serge's shots is turned right down, you get more autogen than FSX when its fully turned up.

#46 SergeBMW

SergeBMW

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

Exactly Wynthorpe, just as I said, my settings are pretty standard since I am used to FS9 level and don't really mind leaving at taround the same level. I did turn up some of the objects, and raises the texture quality up a bit and it did make an improvement but im keeping it lower just for my taste ;)

btw just now, I used 2 extra laptops, 1 on each side of my main monitor, and networked them together wirelessly and they ran so great, X-Plane on all 3 and it was so nice to see the seperate sideviews. Im one step closer to completeing my long :hrmm: time consuming cockpit :hrmm:

Edited by SergeBMW, 27 April 2009 - 10:06 PM.

#47 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:03 AM

View PostSergeBMW, on Apr 27 2009, 10:04 PM, said:

Exactly Wynthorpe, just as I said, my settings are pretty standard since I am used to FS9 level and don't really mind leaving at taround the same level. I did turn up some of the objects, and raises the texture quality up a bit and it did make an improvement but im keeping it lower just for my taste ;)

btw just now, I used 2 extra laptops, 1 on each side of my main monitor, and networked them together wirelessly and they ran so great, X-Plane on all 3 and it was so nice to see the seperate sideviews. Im one step closer to completeing my long :hrmm: time consuming cockpit :hrmm:

Ive been toying with the idea of making a cockpit in our garage for some time, and then later wehn move look for a full motion platform, if i did this then id do the same and go the X-Plane route, i have about 7 dual core machines that can be used which will be more than enough for what they are needed for :o Good look Serge i'll be following your progress.

#48 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:27 AM

View PostSergeBMW, on Apr 26 2009, 05:12 PM, said:

I do know MSFS will come back, its just ACES Studios that has stopped. I do love X-Plane, but the it does need some things such as a GOOD working ATC, AI Traffic and airport scenery for every airport as in FS9 or FSX. It doesent need to be amazing, but just enough.
Exactly! Most people think that this suddenly means the end of Microsoft's Flight Simulator & Train Simulator series, just because ACES Studios shut down. In reality though, it's not going anywhere anytime soon, and it'll be back once the economy starts to pick up the pace again. :hrmm:
I'm with you on that one.
X-Plane 10 needs to have:
1. A proper ATC system.
2. AI planes.
3. Worldwide default airport and airfield scenery.
4. Several worldwide landmarks to make each city, country or region feel different.
5. Something you didn't mention, it needs to have a user-friendly interface. Plus, I hope it can also appeal to the casual simmers who aren't necessarily looking for detailed flying mechanics. Some of us just wanna fly around and have fun, but at the same time enjoy something that closely resembles real life.
:o

I do know X-Plane is growing and in the next update, it has been said by Austin himself, that there will be a new ATC system and fully working AI Traffic. I really cant wait :)

There are plenty of scenery files out there but no where near as much as FS and the quality of most planes are that of FS2000 but they seem amazed by this ;) Id have to open them up to the world of FS and payware planes haha.
Let's hope it includes what we spoke earlier about the scenery. :o
I know exactly what you mean. Some of the planes look very outdated on X-Plane. :)

======================

Jonay1990, TopDollar, Chief NWA: Well said! :hrmm:

Edited by Mohammad, 28 April 2009 - 02:31 AM.

#49 Chief NWA

Chief NWA

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:09 AM

I agree, if X-Plane 10 did come out with all that then I would give it a try. :hrmm:

#50 Jonay

Jonay

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:24 AM

I really need to buy Xplane 9, the demo does my head in..