3 replies to this topic

#1 FATSHARK

FATSHARK

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:17 PM

I have an aircraft that stalls way too easily in a turn.  Its a combat aircraft and shouldn't stall like that from what i have researched.  Ill keep the builder and model to myself because the aircraft is fantastic other than this small issue and i don't want to cause them any harm or embarrassment.  So here's my question....what in the aircraft.cfg file can be changed (if any) so that the aircraft doesn't stall so easily in a turn.  Its not that I don't want it to stall at all....i just would like to turn the thing without it dropping out of the sky like a brick.  I tried increasing the thrust which worked to an extent but also of course increased its speed to an unrealistic top speed.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  By the way its for FSX.   :hrmm:

#2 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:55 PM

Don't pull high g's while in a turn, then it won't stall.  When you're in a turn and you pull high-g's, you loose your vertical lift as it transfers to horizontal lift, and the lack of vertical lift results in the stall.  The only way to not stall is to either shallow the bank or reduce the amount of back pressure on the stick.  If you still stall then you're turnnig too sharp.

#3 Jaggyroad Films

Jaggyroad Films

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:15 AM

I ask if the producer is A2A Simulations/Shockwave or one of my other clients I work with (Aerosoft, Iris, etc etc etc). If it is, please PM me and I'll see if I can help you better. In some cases, this inherent stalling characteristic is indeed very realistic as Wilkinson points out.

#4 airgear

airgear

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:09 PM

Fatshark,
put  some twist to  the wings: http://www.b2streaml...om/Panknin.html,
to decrease  the aoa  in relation  with the span,  if  0 degree at root , there is less  aoa at tip,  depending of airfoil, aspect ratio, taper  ratio and sweep angle, do you use  Xplane?

airgear