1 reply to this topic

#1 Bman.

Bman.

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:39 PM

Evening all-

You may have seen a couple of threads I have kicked up regarding a flying club that a group of us are trying to get off the ground.   I started off ambitious, set up host, domain, xampp trials of forum and have been reading Head First HTML with CSS and XHTML but have found I actually don't have the time to learn HTML, PHP and the associated well enough to get done what I have in mind.

The Club information is here:

http://www.flightsim...howtopic=166459

I am looking for someone that can help us get off the ground - not to manage but to develop and then to steer me in the right direction to update content.  There is available compensation for your time but it may not be worth your time.  So, what I am send out is a request for proposal.  What can you do for me, how fast can you do it and what can you do it for? If anyone is looking for a charity project, great.  If some one is looking for a little extra kick in the wallet, great.  

Please send me a PM with your thoughts, a few examples from your portfolio and anything else you might find beneficial to me and the club.  This won't be a VA.  This will be a place for the club to discuss upcoming flyins, find a mentor, review RW topics of aviation theory, share pictures, have a calendar of events and a small download database of pdfs or apps that we find relevant to our flying and training.

The laundry list:

1) Front Webpage (member login / registration)
2) Calendar of events (editable)
3) Tabbed or linked pages to
  -Bios of club members (would like it to run from the registration database)
  -Training section
  -Links to outside sites

4) Forum (phpBB)

5) Live Group Chat window and/or Teamspeak (or similar?) for quick communication.  The 10 IM chat windows as done now, stinks and is clunky.

I know the list is long, at least in my eyes but I am certain that someone can knock it out without high stress and effort.
It won't be terribly fancy, just slick!

If you are interested please PM me.

Thanks-

Benjamin.

#2 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:01 PM

Make sure to post this up on SitePoint, set a project budget and you'll see the bids fly.

Edited by SwitchFX, 29 April 2009 - 10:01 PM.