- - - - -

How do I do this in Photoshop?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_!!!!!!&#_*

Guest_!!!!!!&#_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:02 PM

I'm trying to repaint Thai's new livery but it's difficult doing the back of the aircraft. (The purple part.) How exactly would I do that in Photoshop without having to make it photoreal?

#2 Captain S.S

Captain S.S

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:16 PM

Looking at a photo here, it seems simple enough.  Use the pen tool to draw the shape of the purple part, and then make the drawn line a selection.  Fill in that Selection with purple.  

Hope this helps.  If you need more help or want me to go into more detail (steps) then no problem, just say so.  :hrmm:

Sahaab

#3 Guest_!!!!!!&#_*

Guest_!!!!!!&#_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:45 AM

Okay played around with the pen tool, not trying it for Thai atm, just trying to figure out how to use it. How exactly do I get the color to stay behind the line? I used the Paint Bucket tool but it just covers the whole thing.

Posted Image

#4 JordanFarmer

JordanFarmer

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:39 AM

When you have made the 'work path' ( you connect the pen line up so its a full ring) then right click, and press 'make selection'. then you can fill in that selection :hrmm:

#5 Captain S.S

Captain S.S

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:29 PM

Here is a Tutorial I made on how to use the pen tool.  It might help you a little bit.  Also try search up tutorials on Google or You tube on how to use the Pen tool.  :hrmm:  

Step 1:

Posted Image

Step 2:

Posted Image

Step 3:

Posted Image

Step 4:

Posted Image

Step 5:

Posted Image

Step 6:

Posted Image

Step 7:

Posted Image

Step 8:

Posted Image

Step 9:

Posted Image

Sorry about Steps 7 and 8, but when I made this Tut the "Print Screen" option would not work if a pop-up menu or a dialog box was open.  I can try to go into more detail if you need me to do so.

Edited by Captain S.S, 31 May 2009 - 12:33 PM.

#6 Guest_!!!!!!&#_*

Guest_!!!!!!&#_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:10 PM

Okay, I think I got the hang of it, thanks! I'll post pics of how my repaint is coming along later.