- - - - -

Building Modelling - how to make a "bendy" roof?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 EZYFlyer

EZYFlyer

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:51 AM

Hi all

I'm in the midst of creating Doncaster/Sheffield Robin Hood Airport for FSX.  I am mostly there and many buildings are available in existing libraries downloading from FS.com.

However, the terminal at Doncaster is very unique in it's roof design.  Take a look at this photo here:  http://trevor1019.fo.../p56660219.html which has a side on view of the terminal.

I'm using Instant Object Designer which has been great and really easy to make the sides of the building.  However now it comes to creating the roof.    How on earth can I create this bendy roof in IOD?  Is there a way to do this without manually creating polygons for the entire roof section?  Or can I get something to do a "Snap to" the walls and sides to finish it off?

Thanks in advance :-)

Noel

#2 flyhalf

flyhalf

Orville Reincarnate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:45 AM

I think for all your noble efforts you may as well ditch IOD and learn Gmax which is far more powerful and will do a roof like that in 5 clicks.

#3 EZYFlyer

EZYFlyer

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:15 PM

Thanks, I ended up picking up a copy of FSDS and it made the building in only a few clicks - did one end and then just did an extrude for the length of the terminal, looking great :-)

Watch this space for Doncaster scenery coming out soon :-)