- - - - -

Emirates Virtual - It's here.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#21 Jambone

Jambone

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:50 AM

Myself and Dave will be focusing solely on Emirates, we're confident this project will exceed expectations. Look at the other Emirates virtual, we're not too concerned, if you catch my drift :hrmm:

To be honest, I think by saying it looks better than ours is a fair bit rude considering we've just now started. Our PR was more extensive and our site is better I assure you - they look like they're using a ready-made system and their website is the same format as many others - boring, we will be custom coding our system to the highest standards.

Cheers
James

Edited by Jambone, 14 August 2009 - 05:51 AM.

#22 Sam Millar

Sam Millar

Orville Reincarnate

• Contest Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,740 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:18 AM

View PostPierre., on Aug 14 2009, 11:28 AM, said:

View PostJambone, on Aug 14 2009, 11:50 AM, said:

Thanks again for the comments all. We will be operating on the VATSIM network, so far there are no plans to operate on IVAO.

Cheers,
James
Why not?

None of our team have used IVAO, therefor would have no technical support to supply should anything go wrong. Plus, we'd rather know the manner our pilots are flying in, and all this can be monitored via various tools and applications on VATSIM.

View PostArm Out The Heli, on Aug 14 2009, 11:35 AM, said:

You've got a good one to contend with which, if I'm going by your press release and theirs (and the fact they've got a website), is set to give you stiff competition..

http://forums.vatsim...hp?f=25&t=42402
http://ekvirtual.net/

To be honest if you're planning to do this and also Jet2, both are going to turn out worse than you expect. More enthusiasm than commitment, time and sense. Don't throw all your eggs in one basket. Work on a virtual airline that's not being resembled well and focus on it. EKVirtual looks good and better than yours I'm afraid. Many would prefer to see a Jet2 virtual for they operate routes that are the busiest with virtual pilots.

I beg to differ. Until you have seen a website's layout, then please do not comment on who looks better or not. We have a big enough team now to be able to work on both airlines simultaneously. Like I said before, work hasn't stopped on Jet2VIRTUAL and it will continue to make progress.

#23 roboa

roboa

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:49 AM

^^ Just to back up Sam and James, considering a little preview I may have seen from Sam :hrmm: , I would say that this one has the edge!

#24 fredrick_thy_grt

fredrick_thy_grt

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:07 AM

That "other" va is just vabase thrown in a template. I'm certain if you all make your own system with a bunch of features etc, you'll blow them off the map. Go get 'em!

Only, I'm jealous..how did they get that login thing on the main page. That kicked my :hrmm: for weeks and I gave up. Oh well, thats for another topic.

#25 Jambone

Jambone

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:22 AM

:hrmm: Thanks guys. :hrmm:

#26 Arm Out The Heli

Arm Out The Heli

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:31 AM

By the way, are you reproducing the 'Open Skies' in-flight magazine? It's probably one of the best in-flight magazines I've read! Though does get boring with the Arabian public figures in it.... lol

#27 Jambone

Jambone

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:59 AM

We will be sure to let you know in future Press Releases.

Cheers,
James

#28 danyal_elia

danyal_elia

Student Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:29 PM

that other VA  http://ekvirtual.net/ they only have 5 pilots and theres no operations page

#29 _JoKeR_

_JoKeR_

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:32 AM

Afternoon All,
This is Certainly the start of something worth waiting for, something thats going to bring the Virtual Airline Community to a higher level. If you guys would like any support or if there are anyways in which my support maybe of use to you, then just let me know; im more than happy to help.
To end i'd just like to say - Good Luck!

fly Safe,

Posted Image

Edited by Jaguar, 15 August 2009 - 07:34 AM.

#30 Paul Marcus

Paul Marcus

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:49 AM

View PostArm Out The Heli, on Aug 14 2009, 06:35 AM, said:

You've got a good one to contend with which, if I'm going by your press release and theirs (and the fact they've got a website), is set to give you stiff competition..

http://forums.vatsim...hp?f=25&t=42402
http://ekvirtual.net/

To be honest if you're planning to do this and also Jet2, both are going to turn out worse than you expect. More enthusiasm than commitment, time and sense. Don't throw all your eggs in one basket. Work on a virtual airline that's not being resembled well and focus on it. EKVirtual looks good and better than yours I'm afraid. Many would prefer to see a Jet2 virtual for they operate routes that are the busiest with virtual pilots.

those VAs look pathetic compared to this. I see no competition what so ever.

#31 _haphadon_

_haphadon_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:24 AM

The other VA has no chance compared to this one! Once this VA is released I will join it right away, I have always wanted a good quality Emirates VA and fianlly someone is going too make one!

#32 Soap

Soap

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:42 AM

I will join!

#33 Sam Millar

Sam Millar

Orville Reincarnate

• Contest Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,740 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:08 AM

Thanks for the awesome feedback gents :hrmm:

#34 THRUST_SET

THRUST_SET

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:01 PM

This virtual airline looks really good, especially as i have never seen a real good UAE VA out there.

Continue with the good work

#35 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:23 PM

Deffo joining! Favourite Airline :hrmm: Love cargo ops for these with the other VA i fly for (see my sig).

#36 Captain Quagmire

Captain Quagmire

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:27 AM

*MAJOR BUMP*!

Is it still scheduled for this VA to be launched by the end of this year?