2 replies to this topic

#1 mr3856a

mr3856a

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:55 AM

It's going to take all of you about negative 1.8 seconds to figure out I'm a complete newb at this, but I've been searching for a specific aircraft for some time (a Cherokee 235), and I can't for the life of me find it. So what I'm wondering is, can I take an existing aircraft, like a Cherokee 140 for example, and simply modify the aircraft.cfg file to the 235 specs?

I have a program that allows me to modify the aircraft.cfg files and every bit of information I could find on the 235 - most if not all of the differences are simply performance/engine differences, not wingspan, wing area, etc.

Can I just change the cfg file and expect it to be relatively close to the real thing or am I way off base here?

Thanks, and please feel free to make fun of me.

#2 Zboe

Zboe

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

Yes, you can modify the .cfg for the new performance.

I did the same with a C-5A Galaxy.  Set up the .cfg to C-5M specs (more powerful and efficient engines, more payload, more fuel, etc) and then made a modified panel to go with it since the C-5M also went to an all glass cockpit, FADEC and is all digital.  The plane looks the same but it's a whole new animal.

#3 sallu

sallu

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:46 PM

You can make that small Cherokee of yours to fly almost like a B747. Its just a matter of dynamics. If you do the editing well, it will work.