- - - - -

(4,678nm) - Toronto (CYYZ) to Santiago (SCEL)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Schutte

Mr. Schutte

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:37 AM

FS Version:FSX
Duration of Flight: 10 Hours

Departure: CYYZ
Arrival: SCEL

Route: V265 THORL EWC BKW SPA CRG J45 OMN J79 PBI URSUS UA301 UCA UG437 LIM UL302 TOY UW208 TBN ANDES2

Time of Day: Subject to departure time
Meteorological Conditions: Subject to change

Description: A very nice flight all together, a long haul to say the least, operated by Air Canada in their 767-300ER. Departure is late at night out of Pearson and the sun rises slowly after leaving the Caribbean to the south. Be sure to have all of your weather data available for the entire flight and your escape routes planned for over the Andes, you never know when cabin depressurization may occur.

Screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Real world callsign is ACA092, with extended service to Buenos Aires :hrmm:

Edited by Mr. Schutte, 24 September 2009 - 07:39 AM.

#2 niteye

niteye

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:15 PM

Hehe nice screenshots. I think you forgot to set the landing gear to OFF though.
I ought to get that plane one day. It's a chilling one to see though when you think that some of the 9/11 hijackers were in the same cockpit.

#3 Cactus

Cactus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:39 PM

View Postniteye, on Sep 27 2009, 06:15 PM, said:

It's a chilling one to see though when you think that some of the 9/11 hijackers were in the same cockpit.

That is probably the last thought on my mind when I am in a 767 cockpit. Even less on my mind when it's an imaginary one in Flight Sim.

#4 Cortez

Cortez

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:59 PM

View Postniteye, on Sep 27 2009, 03:15 PM, said:

It's a chilling one to see though when you think that some of the 9/11 hijackers were in the same cockpit.
wth?

#5 Peter797

Peter797

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:04 PM

View Postniteye, on Sep 27 2009, 06:15 PM, said:

Hehe nice screenshots. I think you forgot to set the landing gear to OFF though.
I ought to get that plane one day. It's a chilling one to see though when you think that some of the 9/11 hijackers were in the same cockpit.

Too bad they can't land properly. Shows us that Hijackers suck at flying.

Anyways. I usually don't think of this. Almost never.

Next thing. What's up with people and sitting on their :hrmm: on FS for 10 hours?

Edited by Peter797, 27 September 2009 - 06:04 PM.

#6 Cactus

Cactus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:08 PM

View PostPeter797, on Sep 27 2009, 07:04 PM, said:

Next thing. What's up with people and sitting on their :hrmm: on FS for 10 hours?

I used to do it all the time. A phase, I guess :hrmm:

#7 CascadiaPilot

CascadiaPilot

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:17 PM

Right out of the Just Planes DVD! Tell me, did you watch the DVD while doing the flight in the sim? Also, @ the 9/11 comment. What the :hrmm:?

#8 Mr. Schutte

Mr. Schutte

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:21 PM

I did indeed watch the DVD as I was flying, as well as just before the flight, it was the inspiration after all! :hrmm:

@ niteye, I have tried to put the gear in the off position by clicking, but it seems to miss it out and deploy the gear again, this causes havoc all in all so I just leave it. Will keep looking for a better way to do this, the Wilco 737 does this very easily.

@ Peter, blunt as usual :hrmm: Didn't sit there for 10 hours, didn't intend to (as it was implied) did the departure and stuck around for an hour after ensuring the cruise was going smoothly, then stepped back to the rest quarters, if I was needed the SELCAL was ready to go (was listening out for it), returned after cooking breakfast and watching a movie about 90 minutes before arrival, was just a wonderful experience! :P

Edited by Mr. Schutte, 27 September 2009 - 06:22 PM.

#9 Cactus

Cactus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Duke, 27 September 2009 - 06:40 PM.

#10 Mr. Schutte

Mr. Schutte

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:53 PM

Thanks, used the chart from the DVD, printed yours, appreciated! :hrmm:

#11 niteye

niteye

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:40 AM

Whenever I'm in cruise I put FS in windowed mode and start doing everything else from surfing the web, chatting, going to eat and get drinks, watch movies etc. while occasionally peeking at FS to see the progress.

#12 CascadiaPilot

CascadiaPilot

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:28 AM

I used to do long haul flights as well. I time compress the cruise and go do something else. There was one unfortunate occasion on a medium-haul flight from CYYZ to CYVR I forgot that I was playing, and came back fifty minutes after TD to find myself a few hundred nautical miles over the Pacific with just drops of fuel left in the tank. Doh!

I've become rather bored with low-input flying such as long haul flights with VNAV. About an hour of planning, setup, and procedures, for about 20 minutes of actually flying the aircraft. On the other hand, pure stick-and-rudder flying can be just as tiring. I've found the perfect balance with PMDG's J41. You still have to carefully fly the aircraft, but it does some of the work for you with the FD/AP and LNAV.

#13 C-FIVS

C-FIVS

Edited SS Hotshot Oct 2011

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:03 PM

What scenery do you use for FSX?