Gym_Class_Hero

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:09 PM

View PostPerriwen, on Oct 19 2009, 07:53 PM, said:

View PostFlying_Pie, on Oct 19 2009, 06:49 PM, said:

(917): half the nation just spent an hour watching a balloon fly around. we are officially the dumbest :hrmm: country.

How are we the dumb ones? We didn't know it was just a balloon since we couldn't see inside it.
Yeah, for all we knew Falcon fell out, it's Richard Heene's fault, not ours. Richard Heene played the whole country for fools, and now he has to pay. And it sounds like his wife's gonna get it too.

Which is awful, in a way, because those kids are going to get stuck in the foster system now. :hrmm:

#62 Cactus

Cactus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:36 PM

View PostGym_Class_Hero, on Oct 19 2009, 11:09 PM, said:

Which is awful, in a way, because those kids are going to get stuck in the foster system now. :hrmm:

Do you think the parents deserve jail time? That place is reserved for people who commit serious crimes, like possession of marijuana. Those two clowns won't be finding themselves in jail.

#63 Independence76

Independence76

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:45 PM

View PostBuziel-411_RED, on Oct 19 2009, 07:20 PM, said:

We jumped on your because, at the time, there was no evidence that pointed to it being a hoax. Your comment didn't make sense. You were basing that statement off of nothing.

Now there is evidence, which you didn't know about at the time.

No, I said it was a hoax because:

1. Drudge Report said so.
2. The article at first said it was a hoax.

#64 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:48 PM

View PostPerriwen, on Oct 19 2009, 07:53 PM, said:

View PostFlying_Pie, on Oct 19 2009, 06:49 PM, said:

(917): half the nation just spent an hour watching a balloon fly around. we are officially the dumbest :hrmm: country.

How are we the dumb ones? We didn't know it was just a balloon since we couldn't see inside it.
Yeah, for all we knew Falcon fell out, it's Richard Heene's fault, not ours. Richard Heene played the whole country for fools, and now he has to pay. And it sounds like his wife's gonna get it too.

They won't be placed in the foster system. When DCF/CPS takes hold of the investigation and they don't see the parents 'fit' to raise the children, they will look to place custody of the children to other family members first before they use the foster system.

View PostDuke, on Oct 19 2009, 11:36 PM, said:

Which is awful, in a way, because those kids are going to get stuck in the foster system now. :P

Do you think the parents deserve jail time? That place is reserved for people who commit serious crimes, like possession of marijuana. Those two clowns won't be finding themselves in jail.

Probably not. Most likely they will pay a fine to the local PD and have a couple felonies on their records to deal with.

Edited by THBatMan8, 19 October 2009 - 10:50 PM.

#65 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:00 PM

Honestly, if they are found guilty, jail time is most definitely out of the question.

The court system won't put them in jail for this.  Heavy fines in terms of criminal fines in addition to repayment of funds used for the search, sure (and I hope this is the case) but jail time is a stretch (at least in the US justice system).

Let's just hope that there are family members willing to take on the kids.  If you have to feel bad for someone in this case (other than those who were searching expecting to find a dead child that fell out of a balloon), it's the kids.  They got wrapped into the parents scheme and had no say in it.  They couldn't choose not to participate (well, I suppose they could have but something tells me that father wouldn't put up with that).

#66 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:18 PM

View PostAlex - MetroAir, on Oct 20 2009, 12:00 AM, said:

Honestly, if they are found guilty, jail time is most definitely out of the question.

The court system won't put them in jail for this.  Heavy fines in terms of criminal fines in addition to repayment of funds used for the search, sure (and I hope this is the case) but jail time is a stretch (at least in the US justice system).

Let's just hope that there are family members willing to take on the kids.  If you have to feel bad for someone in this case (other than those who were searching expecting to find a dead child that fell out of a balloon), it's the kids.  They got wrapped into the parents scheme and had no say in it.  They couldn't choose not to participate (well, I suppose they could have but something tells me that father wouldn't put up with that).

It all depends on what other charges the local PD is bringing up to the plate also. Jail time or probation is almost inevitable with child endangerment cases, but depending on the circumstances, the sentencing term isn't that long.

#67 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:28 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Oct 20 2009, 12:18 AM, said:

View PostAlex - MetroAir, on Oct 20 2009, 12:00 AM, said:

It all depends on what other charges the local PD is bringing up to the plate also. Jail time or probation is almost inevitable with child endangerment cases, but depending on the circumstances, the sentencing term isn't that long.
'
Aha...I forgot about the contributing to the delinquency of a minor charge that they want to press.