#41 Cactus

Cactus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:02 PM

View PostAtomic_Sheep, on Nov 10 2009, 04:36 PM, said:

40 bux for someone who doesn't know/want to learn how to use all the systems on an airbus? Do such people even exist?

Do you want to read a 2,000 page FCOM?

If not... proceed to conclusion -> YES, such people exist. They buy inferior payware products at compatible prices. Evidence of this? Several companies responsible for releasing such titles continue to exist.

#42 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:11 PM

I'm willing to bet the advanced one will have the FMC. What I fail to comprehend is why anyone would pay 40 bux for an airbus that pretty much has the exact same basic functions as I'm sure some freeware ones do. Sure they might not look as nice, but :hrmm:... 40 bux for someone who doesn't know/want to learn how to use all the systems on an airbus? Do such people even exist? I know my friends who fly around some times, wouldn't even dream of spending a extra cent on flight simulator let alone 40 bux for a single plane, especially one that they can get for free elsewhere.

P.S. I'm only saying this under the assumption that there isn't an FMC in the basic edition which is imo... just insane.

Why is a FMC so important?  :hrmm:

If you bought the Captain Sim 727 then you spent 70 dollars on a plane that doesn't have a FMC, ADIRS, EFIS, etc. It's not the computer that makes the plane. It's the person flying it. :P

Edited by THBatMan8, 10 November 2009 - 06:15 PM.

#43 Jaggyroad Films

Jaggyroad Films

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:16 PM

For the record, the "basic" version contains an "FMC." Furthermore, on an Airbus, it isn't called an FMC..... but I digress.

Duke, I cannot for the life of me believe we are on the same side of this issue. Cheers mate! :hrmm:

Edited by Jaggyroad Films, 10 November 2009 - 09:16 PM.

#44 Cortez

Cortez

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:19 PM

View PostJaggyroad Films, on Nov 10 2009, 06:16 PM, said:

For the record, the "basic" version contains an "FMC." Furthermore, on an Airbus, it isn't called an FMC..... but I digress.
MIC-DOOOO

:hrmm:

View PostDuke, on Nov 10 2009, 03:02 PM, said:

40 bux for someone who doesn't know/want to learn how to use all the systems on an airbus? Do such people even exist?

Ian, you made me laugh haha

#45 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:44 PM

View PostJaggyroad Films, on Nov 10 2009, 09:16 PM, said:

Duke, I cannot for the life of me believe we are on the same side of this issue. Cheers mate! :hrmm:

Yeah, I know the POH calls it a MCDU, but I still sometimes refer it as a FMC, it's the same thing but on a different aircraft.

#46 vatsimflyer

vatsimflyer

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:45 PM

View PostDuke, on Nov 10 2009, 11:02 PM, said:

If not... proceed to conclusion -> YES, such people exist. They buy inferior payware products at compatible prices. Evidence of this? Several companies responsible for releasing such titles continue to exist.

I have emailed Wilco 17 times over a period of 15 months, from my work company email to complain about their product and how terrible it is and have ask them how do they sleep at night knowing they are ripping people off, with such a terrible product, and no date they have never even had the courtsey to repy, sigh

I truley hope the airsimmer airbus can at least fly correctly in managed mode,handles wind shifts properly and can do a proper cat 3.

I understand people need to be paid and put food on the table, but if my company offereed such a crap product like wilcos we would of gone out of business years ago.

So if you make a :hrmm: product, please expect to go hungary or get a different job, sorry.

I will going to straight to the P-bay to try it first and if its any good then I shall buy it, like I did with PMDG and REX.

Edited by vatsimflyer, 10 November 2009 - 09:46 PM.

#47 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:48 PM

Wilco doesn't make the aircraft. They are a publisher. And this isn't a good place to mention going to P-Bay.

Edited by THBatMan8, 10 November 2009 - 09:52 PM.

#48 vatsimflyer

vatsimflyer

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

wonderfull.

they still took my money and the aircraft is simply shockingly :hrmm:...

#49 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:08 AM

I do find it quite strange how FS is one of the only types of software that don't allow people to "try" before they buy, i cant think of any other platforms where you just have to buy the product!?

#50 Atomic_Sheep

Atomic_Sheep

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:16 AM

View Postwynthorpe, on Nov 11 2009, 07:08 PM, said:

I do find it quite strange how FS is one of the only types of software that don't allow people to "try" before they buy, i cant think of any other platforms where you just have to buy the product!?

What do you mean? There is an FSX demo available?

View PostDuke, on Nov 11 2009, 10:02 AM, said:

And yes I'm the sort of person who will read through that manual hence I don't understand how people who don't look at all the performance charts and learn all the systems on the plane can even be bothered playing flight simulators in the first place. Only serious people (in mind at least) will purchase addon aircraft and I can't imagine only basic functionality sufficing for those people.

Edited by Atomic_Sheep, 11 November 2009 - 03:18 AM.

#51 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:43 AM

What do you mean? There is an FSX demo available?

I mean from the addon developers.

#52 Atomic_Sheep

Atomic_Sheep

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:34 AM

Some do... most don't. Dream Fleet have 30 day trials on the Pipers... I haven't tried them yet but I'm not that into GA so might never get around to them. ORBX have Tasmania as a Demo. PMDG doesn't need demos because they live off their reputation. So really depends. Definitely worth trying before buying though.

#53 vatsimflyer

vatsimflyer

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:50 PM

Im in the middle of my first first now on it...

http://www.vacc-sag.....php?pid=913456

and i have admit.... I love it...

so far no CTDS and no Bugs...

theres a ever so slight issue with wind shifts, but not that drastic...

I love all the extra things on it, the light brightness is great and so far so good.

The proof will be the autoland, so as of yet im sold on it, and im the most fickle person going.

get your wallets out boys...

#54 clum

clum

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:53 PM

It s abit like a new girlfriend though this plane. Fun and exciting at first but soon you start to notice all the faults. Long way to go before its properly flyable yet.

#55 vatsimflyer

vatsimflyer

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:01 PM

I agree Clum

But compared to my ex girlfriend called Wendy Wilco,

she used to half way through sex after plenty of foreplay  she would just get up and walk away and leave me with my pants down, and that was after she had surgery to make her better, and i always had to tell her how go down, as she had no idea how to do it herself, and thats the whole selling point of the girlfriend in the first place.

I love metaphors...

#56 vatsimflyer

vatsimflyer

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:35 PM

and alas....

on the approach was shocking rubbish, like the wilco

i was given headings and it threw itself around like a wilco

wouldnt intercept the loc or glide, had to hard tune it and even then it didn't work...

brakes didn't work, speed brakes didn't work, wouldnt slow down with flap 1 or 2 ..

pile of steaming horse :hrmm:... back to wilco don't waste your money

and to top it off....

i got an out of memory ctd... I have 8 gigs in my rig, and have never had that before even on fsx with all the megascenery earths installed...

shame, but sorry youll go hungary until you fix it.. thats life

Edited by vatsimflyer, 11 November 2009 - 03:36 PM.

#57 niteye

niteye

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:18 PM

View Postvatsimflyer, on Nov 11 2009, 03:35 PM, said:

and alas....

wouldnt intercept the loc or glide, had to hard tune it and even then it didn't work...

brakes didn't work, speed brakes didn't work, wouldnt slow down with flap 1 or 2 ..

and to top it off....

i got an out of memory ctd... I have 8 gigs in my rig, and have never had that before even on fsx with all the megascenery earths installed...

Is that about the Wilco Airbus, the Airsimmer Airbus or Wilco in general or is that about your ex?

#58 vatsimflyer

vatsimflyer

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:36 PM

the ex girlfriend is a metaphor, if you wiki metaphor you'll see what it means.

as for both products, wilco and airsimmer, both have bugs, and do not merit spending money on

#59 Cactus

Cactus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:48 PM

View Postvatsimflyer, on Nov 11 2009, 03:35 PM, said:

and alas....

and to top it off....

Have you registered in the Support forum?

#60 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:11 AM

View Postvatsimflyer, on Nov 11 2009, 04:35 PM, said:

and alas....

and to top it off....

From what ive been reading on the support forums (and ive spent a LOT of time there recently) it looks like you have your own bug there, not seen that one yet.

Ive not had a problem on approach or with heading hold mode (yet).