#1 sharpshot23

sharpshot23

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 05:34 PM

Good evening!

I bough X-plane about a week ago and so far very impressed! Ive been trying to tweak the calibration settings of the joystick to make them as realistic as possible as i hold a PPL and need to feed my craving somewhere!  :hrmm:

Ive got the X52 from Saitek, and its very sensitive, even with the airliners, its extremely sensitive. Ive tried messing around with the deadzones with no joy.

Does/Did anybody else have this issue as ive seen similar problems in other forums but no-one really giving clear answers.

Also, is there anyway of "zooming out" of the 2d panel to get it all onto the screen, as atm im having to press the down key each time i want to look further down.

Thanks in advance for any help!  :hrmm:

Simon

#2 AirX

AirX

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:16 AM

Ive got the X52 from Saitek, and its very sensitive, even with the airliners, its extremely sensitive. Ive tried messing around with the deadzones with no joy.
Alot of airliners are sensitive in x plane; it also depends on what you download.
About the panels, that depends on the author of the aircraft, but you you can't zoom in on 2D panels.

#3 SIMON-W

SIMON-W

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:49 PM

Hi Simon, I use the same and it's wonderful. Move the left response sliders in the js settings menu to say 20-30%, and ensure you have sone null zone. I can now fly helos with this, it's so accurate. But if u step right out of a real plane to the sim, yes it's still heaps more sensitive - like going from a car to a playstation game! Simon