- - - - -

July 2004 Screenshot Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

Poll: Your favourite shot: (115 member(s) have cast votes)

Your favourite shot:

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#101 ForD_MusTanG 2005

ForD_MusTanG 2005

formerly HyperActive2005

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,095 posts
  • Location:new york city (staten island) KEWR newark intl (new jersey) is the closest airport to me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:56 PM

i live in nyc :o staten island :o btw hate to tell u this my fellow new yorker, but you've missed the contest it started on the first of every month :o

Edited by HyperActive2oo4, 09 July 2004 - 10:56 PM.

#102 Fox

Fox

Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:07 PM

Yes, all of your points are 100% true Wezcsyty... But Let me ask you this.. Do you think that shot would be where it is now if those mountains weren't in the background?

Yes or no? If the contest ends please PM me your answer...

Edited by Fox666, 09 July 2004 - 11:08 PM.

#103 Mango

Mango

Contributor\First Class Member

• 11,952 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:50 PM

Author_of_#3, on Jul 8 2004, 06:55 PM, said:

Hello everybody. I'm the author of #3 and I'm posting anonymously at this point since the contest is still running.  We really have a great bunch of screenshots this month. Kudos to all of you, I know the hard work each of you put in.

It's nice to see that my work has generated some interest. I hope it served its purpose in adding some variety and diversity and maybe some inspiraton for future contests for those who have enjoyed the shot. If it only served to make us aware of the variety we can have in FS, then I'm also grateful for that.  

This shot took a lot of effort, I have to admit.  Framing the shot to get what I was looking for was not easy.  I spent the excess of several hours tweaking and changing many conditions and aspects to get the "right" shot.  I went through numerous angles, different times of the day, different altitudes, and so forth. These are just a few of the things that I was working with. Because it seems if you change one variable, it changes several others in the shot as a result.  It was a lot of effort, but I can honestly say I enjoyed it.  I spent a lot of time on this shot, but I love sharing what I create with others, and I know others out there love doing the same, and that's why we are here.  :o

Again ,wonderful shots here , all of you!  And hoping for a pleasant rest of the contest.  B)
Thats a very nice post (who ever you are :o ). Very well said!

I think i can get warm with the idea to lock the contest and discuss it in a special topic after the winner is crowned...  :o

#104 Tom.D

Tom.D

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:58 PM

Guys stop wining and fighting.  Its just a screenshot contest.  Were not talking winner gets a million $ here folks.  So what if someone used payware?  Your gonna get mad over that?  I think its totally fair, so he used a little payware, wooopy!  Stop the useless fighting.  Its pointless and just ruins part of the contest.

And Btaylor get a life buddy.  Its all flightsim.

Anyway i went with 9! Loved all aspect of it!

Great shots everyone!

Ken :o

#105 btaylor

btaylor

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 12:43 AM

You know I think everyone has to look at both sides of the coin.  Thats why we have rules.  If the rules allow it, and the person who worked hard for his shot and entered his shot in good faith knowing these rules, do you think its fair to them to have someone going around bickering, exhorting and cajoling others not to vote for their shot? I think not.  You need also to think about fairness to them.

If anyone have a problem with the composition of some shots, talk about it with the adminstration and moderators.  Theyre the ones that made the decision on what can be entered in the contest.  Don't take it out on some one who worked hard for their shots and entered the contest in good faith.  That's unfair to them.

Bring it up with the adminstration and moderators. Discuss and come to an understanding on what and what shouldn't be entered in the contest.  But if it is allowed, then beware and behave, because then the only thing unfair is the atrocious behavior of a few.

Edited by btaylor, 10 July 2004 - 12:52 AM.

#106 btaylor

btaylor

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 12:56 AM

Ken, on Jul 9 2004, 11:58 PM, said:

Its just a screenshot contest.  Were not talking winner gets a million $ here folks.  So what if someone used payware?  Your gonna get mad over that?  I think its totally fair, so he used a little payware, wooopy!  Stop the useless fighting.  Its pointless and just ruins part of the contest.
Totally agree.  Now we just need the other rabble rouser to realize this too.

And Btaylor get a life buddy. Its all flightsim.
You're right on that too, I will!  :o

#107 Chief Wiggum

Chief Wiggum

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 01:11 AM

I think voting in a shot just because it hasn't any paywares is just senseless  :o  This is a contest and the best shot may win.

Edited by Chief Wiggum, 10 July 2004 - 01:12 AM.

#108 ANAsky

ANAsky

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 03:01 AM

I'm not sure if the contest is yet over but i wanted to add few thoughts (of course they will be generic since the contest may be still running)....

First of all, i agree fully with Wezcsyty especially the comment "Someone decides they don't like a certain shot or shots and will keep ranting on and on about it. Trust me, I think quite a few of us are tired of and disappointed to see this behavior, and we don't need it."

Everyone, of course, is entitled to their own opinion.....that is why is called "OWN"...something which is personal and kept to oneself.  By making comments or pinpointing out things while a contest is still running, well, think about it.....its human nature to get influenced (subconsiously) by what you read or hear....whether the person doing the commenting actually intended to or not, talking your opinion "out loud" does affect human thinking......c'mon guys, this is just basic psychology.  Be it a negative or positive comment, it biases the contest, and thus we don't have full or proper voting or results.

I too have voted, but i reserved my comments for till after the contest is OVER.  I really think a healthy discussion afterwards (in which everyone can fully express their views on any shot/s) will not only benefit our souls, but our minds as well when we can share and learn from each other.  And everyone will be more keen to do so as there won't shouldnt be any resentment as well as the "curiosity" and excitement will be there on what other thought all along of the shots (winning one as well as the rest entered in the contest)

Once again, may i remind everyone that this contest is for fun and for all of us should use it mainly for that; we CAN all share and learn from each other AMICABLY !!!

On an ending note, great shots this month ALL OF U.....some really took my heart and breath away.  Even though i didn't enter the contest I want ALL OF YOU to know that I genuinely enjoyed and appreciated seeing all the diverse shots and the amount of time and effort spent behind every one of them.

Keep it up guys!  And for the rest of you, get creative and get going !  Hope to see more beautiful shots in the upcoming months.

Thank You!
Ana  :o

#109 Fsimfan

Fsimfan

Download Manager\Contributor\Moderator

• Download Manager
  • 11,357 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 03:18 AM

Mango, on Jul 9 2004, 11:50 PM, said:

Thats a very nice post (who ever you are :o ). Very well said!
Hey Mango, why do I get the feeling you know who the winner is?  :o  :o

#110 Fsimfan

Fsimfan

Download Manager\Contributor\Moderator

• Download Manager
  • 11,357 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 03:24 AM

ANAsky, on Jul 10 2004, 03:01 AM, said:

Once again, may i remind everyone that this contest is for fun and for all of us should use it mainly for that; we CAN all share and learn from each other AMICABLY !!!
Just one quote out of a very thoughtful and intelligent post.

Very eloquently put, Ana. Very eloquently put.  :o

#111 Mango

Mango

Contributor\First Class Member

• 11,952 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 03:42 AM

100% agreed  !   :o
Fsimfan - i really don't know who it is ! And i don't try to find it out. I think this will be a nice surprise !  :o

Edited by Mango, 10 July 2004 - 03:43 AM.

#112 BrianF

BrianF

formerly BrianFeinzimer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 03:46 AM

holy crap were writing long posts....

Posted Image

^^^give it ten minutes or so...imagetown.net will finnaly load the stupid image :o  :o

Edited by BrianFeinzimer, 10 July 2004 - 03:47 AM.

#113 Byron

Byron

Contributor\First Class Member\Screenshot Contest Host

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 06:56 AM

Very good points. Suggestions are always welcome and they will be considered.  :o

Voting ends in 10 hours and 5 minutes.

#114 Byron

Byron

Contributor\First Class Member\Screenshot Contest Host

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 06:29 AM

Byron, on Jul 10 2004, 01:56 PM, said:

Voting ends in 10 hours and 5 minutes.
Am I late again?  :o

Congratulations Fsimfan!

Great entries everyone and thanks for voting! I hope to see you next month too!  :o

Edited by Byron, 11 July 2004 - 06:29 AM.