simflyer07

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:32 AM

Captain Robert wrote

Captains-

Okay, okay, okay.... Yes- it is time for us to come clean... We've been messing with you on YouTube! rolleyes.gif

In just a few days, we will be releasing a new product title designed to please fans of the 747: PMDG 747-400X -8i Product Model Extension

This product, produced in conjunction with our partners at Boeing, will add the 747-8i/F airframes to your existing 747-400X installation, allowing you to ply the trade routes with Boeing's latest incarnation of the venerable 747!

Built using the latest modeling techniques with technical input from Boeing, the PMDG 747-400X -8i/F Product Model Extension will allow you to experience the 747-8i in incredibly vivid detail. HD texturing of the external model, transparent cabin windows, complex internal and external lighting, fully 3D turbofan and engine components, updated landing gear, wing flex, redesigned flight controls and flaps are just some of the details we have packed into this new visual model.

The PMDG 747-400X -8i/F Product Model Extension will also please your ears, as we are providing a new, ground-up sound set so that you can experience the amazing audio experience of the new GENX engines mounted under-wing.

During the course of the weekend we will be uploading new videos and screen captures showing the the splendid details of this magnificent new airplane from Boeing. If you like the 747-400, we promise that you will LOVE the 747-8. The advanced design of the wing has been captured in stunning detail, including the spectacular sweep of the wingtips and the flex of the entire span.

This project was born out of our on-going cooperation with Boeing on the 737NG, and was driven by the work of Vin, Jason and Pete, who took advantage of some down-time in their NGX development schedule to bring you something new and unexpected!

For those who haven't seen the final video we uploaded, I have also put it on the newPMDG 747-8i/F YouTube Channel

(I will be uploading some additional detail shots during the next few days!)

Now- to all of you who debated the veracity of the /PLANESPOTTR YouTube Postings, I must tell you that we were amazed by the enthusiasm and detail with which these videos were discussed. A few of you correctly suspected that we were making a "play on words" with Dash-8 and 747-8... A subtle confusion we perpetuated by not issuing any official comment on the project.

(On the topic of shooting video in FSX: Can ANYONE explain to me how to get aircraft animations working in FSX? It was miserably painful for us to create videos in FSX without a replay feature that included animation of wing flex, etc...)

Three are a few of you who picked up on this word-play VERY early on, and we will be reaching out to a few of you privately with a small gift. Applause.gif

Okay- so lets take a moment to put to bed some confusion and give you the straight-scoop on where we are headed!

PMDG 747-400X -8i/F Product Model Extension:
===============================
Estimated Release: January 2010. (very firm)
Please see the product details above. Note: This product is not a full 747-8 simulation. This is a product extension for the 747-400X and that provides you with High Fidelity visual models and updated cockpit locations and sound package so that you can add the 747-8i/F to your existing 747 flight experience within FSX. (Taxiing this airplane is a CHALLENGE because of the extra length!) The underlying aircraft performance is identical to the 747-400X as this is just a 3D model addition.

PMDG 737-NGX:
==========
Estimated Release: Mid 2010. (not firm)
We are currently integrating the virtual cockpit, which is normally the point where the product begins to sprint to the finish line. I had anticipated that we would begin showing you images of the airplane this month, but we are having some schedule coordination issues with Boeing that have caused the VC work to slide almost 90 days behind schedule. As I mentioned however, VC integration has traditionally been the point where we start to see the end-game in sight- so we are very excited to be reaching this phase.

We have a few surprises in store for you on this project. Some things we have never done before- that will really make you hardware users and gadget fiddlers happy. Stay tuned....

PMDG Bombardier Dash-8
=================
Estimated Release: Late 2010 (not firm)
This project is in VERY SLOW rate development right now, as all hands on the programming side are at work on the NGX until it goes into beta testing. We intend to work through the Dash-8 series beginning with the 200/300. A significant portion of the 3D work on this project has been accomplished (have to keep Jason busy while we wait on Boeing) and we'll begin assigning programmers to this project once the NGX goes into beta testing... This project will have about the same detail level as the PMDG BAe JS4100...

PMDG 777:
=======
Estimated Release: Late 2010/Early 2011(not firm)
One of the things that caused us to slow down on the NGX was our desire to develop a technology bed that would allow us to rapidly integrate systems and technology into future products without re-programming from the ground-up (as has been our habit since 1999...) To that end, we will rapidly move from the little Boeing Twin to the Big Boeing Twin.... Given what we can tell of our new development process, the timeline on this project will be driven by how quickly we get the NGX through the beta testing process. We have tremendous assets behind us thanks to Boeing's continued cooperation, so we anticipate this being one of the shortest development cycles in PMDG's history... That's what some planning ahead will do for you!

As many of you know- the 777 has been a favorite of ours from back in the early days of PMDG- and we are looking forward to finally doing this airplane justice in the MSFS world.

Okay- I think that covers us for new information tonight. I must stress that all the timelines above are flexible, and all are dependent upon a smooth transition from development to beta testing on the NGX. NGX development has been accelerating as of late- and now that we have our schedules coordinated with Boeing we should finish up collection of the last resources that we need to wrap up the project in grand style!

Thanks again to all of you who debated endlessly whether this 747-8 was ours... It matters a great deal to see so many of you so fiercely loyal to our product lines!

I thought these great news deserve a new thread. If no delays happen, this year will be exceptional not only for PMDG but for all of us. I can't wait a whole year for the 777!

#2 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:48 AM

Seriously it doesnt require a new thread!

#3 Jaggyroad Films

Jaggyroad Films

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:31 AM

Alright, for all those naysayers..... maybe you will listen to me next time, eh?

#4 Guest_°L°_*

Guest_°L°_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:03 PM

I'm assuming that the 747-800 and 777 won't be for FS9?

#5 simflyer07

simflyer07

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:20 PM

View Postwynthorpe, on Jan 16 2010, 10:48 AM, said:

really a PMDG 777 is not worthy of a new thread  :hrmm:

#6 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:22 PM

View Postsimflyer07, on Jan 16 2010, 06:20 PM, said:

Nope! As its a long time off and also not just about the T7.

#7 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:26 PM

View Postwynthorpe, on Jan 16 2010, 12:22 PM, said:

Hope many threads did you make about the X-Plane CRJ-200?

http://www.flightsim...x...=180439&hl=
http://www.flightsim...x...=180448&hl=
http://www.flightsim...x...=180058&hl=
http://www.flightsim...x...=166342&hl=

#8 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:33 PM

I think i called this on the 1st page of the other thread...? :hrmm:

Good news for sure. Those three they contacted are lucky guys lol

Edited by -Brandon-, 16 January 2010 - 01:38 PM.

#9 Sam Millar

Sam Millar

Orville Reincarnate

• Contest Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,740 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:34 PM

This is fantastic news!

#10 Captain Quagmire

Captain Quagmire

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:38 PM

I personally think each up and coming aircraft should have its own thread. I also don't think I can wait a whole year for the T7 to be released! :hrmm:

#11 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:59 PM

View PostRudolph-411, on Jan 16 2010, 06:26 PM, said:

View Postwynthorpe, on Jan 16 2010, 12:22 PM, said:

Hope many threads did you make about the X-Plane CRJ-200?

http://www.flightsim...x...=180439&hl=
http://www.flightsim...x...=180448&hl=
http://www.flightsim...x...=180058&hl=
http://www.flightsim...x...=166342&hl=

At least the project is current and worthy of showing something, theres nothing about the T7 as of yet, not even a single screen shot, when theres somethign to show then maybe!

But that wasnt my point, point was that there is a large thread already about the 748i.

Personally i couldnt care less at this moment in time, FS has lot all its appeal!

#12 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:21 PM

PMDG 777:
=======
Estimated Release: Late 2010/Early 2011(not firm)
One of the things that caused us to slow down on the NGX was our desire to develop a technology bed that would allow us to rapidly integrate systems and technology into future products without re-programming from the ground-up (as has been our habit since 1999...) To that end, we will rapidly move from the little Boeing Twin to the Big Boeing Twin.... Given what we can tell of our new development process, the timeline on this project will be driven by how quickly we get the NGX through the beta testing process. We have tremendous assets behind us thanks to Boeing's continued cooperation, so we anticipate this being one of the shortest development cycles in PMDG's history... That's what some planning ahead will do for you!

As many of you know- the 777 has been a favorite of ours from back in the early days of PMDG- and we are looking forward to finally doing this airplane justice in the MSFS world.

Posted Image

PMDG Bombardier Dash-8
=================
Estimated Release: Late 2010 (not firm)
This project is in VERY SLOW rate development right now, as all hands on the programming side are at work on the NGX until it goes into beta testing. We intend to work through the Dash-8 series beginning with the 200/300. A significant portion of the 3D work on this project has been accomplished (have to keep Jason busy while we wait on Boeing) and we'll begin assigning programmers to this project once the NGX goes into beta testing... This project will have about the same detail level as the PMDG BAe JS4100...

Posted Image

#13 niteye

niteye

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:06 PM

I don't mind the 777 being slow, they already are making more planes than I have time to buy/learn them.

#14 Alaska_MD-83

Alaska_MD-83

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,971 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:10 PM

:hrmm:

If Microsoft released a PR saying that they would be restarting ACES, and releasing a completely revamped FS, for release in 2012, would it not deserve a topic even though it is a long way off?

#15 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:18 PM

View PostDa_Internet, on Jan 16 2010, 05:10 PM, said:

If Microsoft released a PR saying that they would be restarting ACES, and releasing a completely revamped FS, for release in 2012, would it not deserve a topic even though it is a long way off?

That would be more worthy then another thread of someone making yet ANOTHER version of a plane that's already been released a buhzillion times.

#16 Flying_Scotsman

Flying_Scotsman

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:36 PM

Is it just me or does this whole thing not look like the way PMDG go about their business, very unproffesional... :hrmm:

I would never downgrade to FSX even for the 777  :hrmm:

#17 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

• Members
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:41 PM

View PostDr...Watson, on Jan 16 2010, 03:36 PM, said:

From what? The ancient sim released in 2003?

#18 Flying_Scotsman

Flying_Scotsman

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:47 PM

View PostRudolph-411, on Jan 16 2010, 04:41 PM, said:

Yeh...that one that is really unpopular now!

http://www.flightsim...x...902&hl=poll

#19 nw757

nw757

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:49 PM

4 planes coming from PMDG in about a year time frame? Sounds good for me. (especially the much wanted T-7)

#20 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

• Members
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:53 PM

View PostDr...Watson, on Jan 16 2010, 03:47 PM, said:

View PostRudolph-411, on Jan 16 2010, 04:41 PM, said:

Yeh...that one that is really unpopular now!

http://www.flightsim...x...902&hl=poll

In otherwords, you guys haven't dished out the cash for a better PC.

The majority of those people might use Fs9, but how many want to use FSX? :hrmm:

There's nothing wrong with liking Fs9, as it's still a good sim, but saying FSX is a "downgrade" is stupid.

Edited by Rudolph-411, 16 January 2010 - 04:54 PM.