4 replies to this topic

#1 dinther

dinther

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:29 AM

GEVision is a Google Earth based scenery engine that can be linked directly to applications such as MSFS or XPlane or anything else that produces coordinate data for that matter. There have been previous attempts at doing this link but only the Javascript API in Google Earth is capable to do Roll properly.

Eventually GEVision will become a client server solution where you can have many computers and clients rendering various views for a surround visual system. We are even looking at experiments to simulate some weather as well.

We will be revealing GE Vision on the Google IO Developers conference in May where I have been invited to demonstrate our new projects. GEVision is one of them.

You can read more details and view video and screenshots here:http://www.planetinaction.com

Posted Image

#2 Peter797

Peter797

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:34 PM

This looks amazing. As long as it doesn't cost us $100

#3 Romario_

Romario_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:37 PM

Out of interest, what is the difference between this and TileProxy?

#4 Xyphos

Xyphos

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

sounds good. However, taking my country as an example, over some cities there are a lot of clouds (I mean, in the images). I guess having clouds as being part of the terrain wouldn't be very interesting...

#5 rabbitweasel

rabbitweasel

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:09 PM

Looks nice though from what I can see it fails to address the issue of autogen scenery. It's the reason that I prefer Megascenery to Tileproxy as not only does Megascenery allow autogen but also ajusts the locations of buildings and autogen to correctly match the texture.

I'm still looking forward to this though as it seems like a likely way to cover the world instead of a small geographic area since it's using Google Earth. :hrmm: