#1 sotiris

sotiris

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:09 AM

Hi,

I think there must be a way - through AFCAD 2.21 - to make AI traffic to leave a non-jetway gate without pushback (roll through).
Any help on this ?

Sotiris.

#2 sotiris

sotiris

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

In other words : Is it possible for AI to use the front of a parking stand when leaving and when they return to the stand to come in through the back side of it ?
i.e. AI leaves the stand heading north and when returns to the stand to park heading north again ?

#3 Fate01_VUSAFS

Fate01_VUSAFS

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:09 PM

Still confused...

You mean like parking at a ramp gate (disembarking with an airstair) and then taxiing straight out from the parking space without pushing back to be more realistic?

#4 sotiris

sotiris

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:38 PM

You mean like parking at a ramp gate (disembarking with an airstair) and then taxiing straight out from the parking space without pushing back to be more realistic?

That's right. But returning to the ramp parking position to park on the same heading as it left it before. Less confused now ?

Edited by sotiris, 28 April 2010 - 01:41 PM.

#5 sotiris

sotiris

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:48 PM

OK, it appears that I addressed to a wrong place. Disregard....

#6 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:44 AM

View Postsotiris, on Feb 18 2010, 07:09 AM, said:

make AI traffic to leave a non-jetway gate without pushback (roll through).
I know this is an old post, but I'm catching up.  Your apron path should come to the parking spot from the south; another apron route must be created heading north from the parking spot and connecting to another apron route/taxiway route leading back to the runway.  When your AI aircraft lands, it will following the taxiway routes to the apron route that brings it to the parking spot from the south.  When the aircraft is ready to depart, it will appear on the spot with a northerly heading and proceed northwards from the spot and intersect with a connecting apron route that leads to the taxiway route that takes it to the runway.