Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:32 PM

View Postcaaront, on Apr 19 2010, 11:36 PM, said:

What is the LOD Radius?

I know some folks tweak it?

LOD stands for level of detail, so the level of detail radius.

I increased mine to 7.5 in the FSX.cfg to help eliminate the blurries.

#42 Guest_caaront_*

Guest_caaront_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:23 PM

View PostBuziel-411_RED, on Apr 20 2010, 06:32 PM, said:

View Postcaaront, on Apr 19 2010, 11:36 PM, said:

What is the LOD Radius?

I know some folks tweak it?

LOD stands for level of detail, so the level of detail radius.

I increased mine to 7.5 in the FSX.cfg to help eliminate the blurries.

Thank you sir.

#43 flyhalf

flyhalf

Orville Reincarnate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:17 AM

This HIGHMEM, Bufferpools fix is astonishing for me. I already had good FSX performance but this has put me into the 40fps at lpaces like Orbx YMML, Heathrow and FSDT JFK. Plus it has eliminated the "skinless" aircraft problem.

#44 audiohavoc

audiohavoc

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:29 PM

View Postflyhalf, on Apr 21 2010, 04:17 AM, said:

This HIGHMEM, Bufferpools fix is astonishing for me. I already had good FSX performance but this has put me into the 40fps at lpaces like Orbx YMML, Heathrow and FSDT JFK. Plus it has eliminated the "skinless" aircraft problem.

If you haven't already, set your water to 2.x high or max to eliminate water texture flashing if you get it, and be careful with how much AA and filtering you use, as with anything less than a GTX 470/480, high image quality settings can induce graphic errors when not using bufferpools (UsePools=0 or Poolsize=0).  I have my AA at 4x multisampling, and filtering at 8x AF.  Also, my prerender limit is set to 1, Texture_Bandwidth_Mult=100, and my AffinityMask=14.  Finally, I am using an external fps limiter set to 30.

#45 Bman.

Bman.

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:21 PM

Just to verify..is it

[BUFFERPOOLS]
UsePools=0

Or

[BUFFERPOOLS]
Poolsize=0

?

#46 audiohavoc

audiohavoc

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:39 PM

View PostBman., on Apr 21 2010, 08:21 PM, said:

Just to verify..is it

[BUFFERPOOLS]
UsePools=0

Or

[BUFFERPOOLS]
Poolsize=0

?

Think of UsePools=0 as "off" or "false", and UsePools=1 as "on" or "true".  It is like a toggle switch.

Poolsize=x is what determines the buffer size.  Poolsize=0 and UsePools=0 effectively accomplish the same thing.  In fact, the UsePools line is not really even necessary.  You can just set the Poolsize=x line to control the buffer size by entering the desired value, or you can set it to 0 to not use a buffer.

I hope that answered your question.

#47 Bman.

Bman.

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:53 PM

It did - thanks.  I was lost on their discussion over on Avsim...

Added tweak.... uhhhh, yeah.  +20!!  in PNW... holy cow.

I wonder if it's gonna crash.....  

ORBX PNW + REX + HDR Effects + Jesus Tweak = Wow.

PS - You know what the beauty is, all of these tweaks are available in the FSXGo options.  Nice, now I am sure that everything is set every time I fly.  Off for testing.

Edited by Bman., 21 April 2010 - 11:03 PM.

#48 audiohavoc

audiohavoc

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:39 PM

View PostBman., on Apr 21 2010, 08:53 PM, said:

PS - You know what the beauty is, all of these tweaks are available in the FSXGo options.  Nice, now I am sure that everything is set every time I fly.  Off for testing.

Make sure your water is set to 2.x high, and use caution when setting your AA and filtering levels.  This seems to be where most people have issues.  

Since you are using ORBX PNW, give this a shot as well, start with 6 or 9 and go from there:

[DISPLAY]
TextureMaxLoad=9

Carefull. CAN induce stutters on LOW END systems! use multiples of 3 *ONLY* (3, 6, 9 etc) perfect for PhotoRealistic scenery and PNW

#49 Bman.

Bman.

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:03 AM

[DISPLAY]
TextureMaxLoad=9

And this is different than the Texture_Max_Load=4096...correct?  The only reason I ask is because it's not in my master list under [Display] on FSXGo.  Just want to verify.

Yeah, I am going to turn my Aniso back on through nHancer.  Even though Jesus - turn it off.  The textures on the ground are so much more crisp with nHancer managing.

vSync may come back on also... not sure I need it on or not.  I can't see any diff with it off or on..

#50 audiohavoc

audiohavoc

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:38 AM

View PostBman., on Apr 21 2010, 11:03 PM, said:

[DISPLAY]
TextureMaxLoad=9

And this is different than the Texture_Max_Load=4096...correct?  The only reason I ask is because it's not in my master list under [Display] on FSXGo.  Just want to verify.

Yeah, I am going to turn my Aniso back on through nHancer.  Even though Jesus - turn it off.  The textures on the ground are so much more crisp with nHancer managing. vSync may come back on also... not sure I need it on or not.  I can't see any diff with it off or on..

I run 8x Aniso, 4x multisampling AA, and VSync on without issue and I have a GTX 275.  The TextureMaxLoad value is used in conjuction with your Texture_Max_Load value.  

Here is Jesus Altuve's explanation:

[DISPLAY]
TextureMaxLoad=9 // Carefull. CAN induce stutters on LOW END systems! use multiples of 3 *ONLY* (3, 6, 9 etc) perfect for PhotoRealistic scenery and PNW

The formula on how to determine your 'optimal' TextureMaxLoad goes like this (credit to Steve Lacey here http://www.steve-lac...blurries.shtml)

If UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT exists, then: MAX_TEXTURE_DATA = (TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD * (TextureMaxLoad * TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULTIPLIER)) / UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT

If UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT doesn't exist (UNLIMITED FRAMES) then: MAX_TEXTURE_DATA = TextureMaxLoad * TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD

As you can see above, TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULTIPLIER its just that, a multiplier. Evidently, changing it DOES change things, however, when running UNLIMITED frames, it is USELESS, so you are better of playing with TextureMaxLoad directly. be VERY CAREFULL, the 'resulting' value of this formula (MAX_TEXTURE_DATA) corresponds to the MAXIMUM number of bytes the TEXTURE MANAGER is allowed to 'upload' per frame. If the resulting value (in bytes) for MAX_TEXTURE_DATA is TOO HIGH you will spike your GPU! (and cause a stutter), so this is a 'test and see' value. Ideally, you'll see an impact on COMPLEX high resolution textures sceneries like PNW and/or PhotoReal scenery.
It is important to mention that THIS value does NOT have an impact on CPU if you are running a Multiple core setup, due to the texture manager threads running in the cores responsible for texture loading and object batching. (which are the last 3 if you have 4 cores)

Edited by audiohavoc, 22 April 2010 - 09:39 AM.

#51 AirFranceSST

AirFranceSST

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:04 AM

View PostBman., on Apr 21 2010, 10:53 PM, said:

What is PNW? I haven't been up with the forums lately too busy.

Also is that 20FPS increase?? If so then wow!  :hrmm:
I don't currently have FSX installed but this makes me want to install it now.

Currently in school so have to wait like 6 more hours to get out. :hrmm:

Edited by AirFranceSST, 22 April 2010 - 10:05 AM.

#52 niceone0267

niceone0267

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

Hi.  After reinstalling FSX I have texture rendering issues.  See this video.

Any suggestions

Check this link for more info

http://calclassic.pr...9-constellation