3 replies to this topic

#1 LROPS

LROPS

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:55 AM

LROPS, the flight simulator training company that has brought you books such as 'The 767 Long Haul and ETOPS Guide' and, 'Citation X FMS and Flight Planning' is now proud to offer our UK customers the "next generation" (pardon the pun).

We have teamed up with a simulator vendor and have worked on some exclusive simulator deals, meaning that you can fly a fixed base 737 NG simulator from as little as £99!

We also have a package allowing you and upto two friends to take the controls of the simulator for three hours, for a bargain price of £299.  All of this is under the expert tuition of a qualified simulator instructor.

More details and pictures can be found at http://lrops.com/experiences

Enjoy!

PS: Our skies will not close because of Iceland!

#2 Cortez

Cortez

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

Why can't we have more of these in the US?
Good news though!

#3 TheButler208

TheButler208

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:28 PM

100 pounds for 30 minutes in that?  For that money, I could be in a real airplane with instructor.  This is a simulator that doesn't use gas nor have much maintenance cost.  Seems like a super glorified version of FSX, I bet the software is FSX or the certified by boeing version..either way.  Theres some obvious differences between a 6-axis sim and that, and I'm not talking about movement.  You can't even look left out the window, not that you need to during training, but come on.  For that money I could rent a porsche for a whole day.  I'm not saying I don't wanna get in this thing and have fun, but at that price... I can't afford 3.33 pounds per minute.  And if that includes the certified flight instructor, which it would need to be for me to log time, can't there be a price for without?  (if that includes the instructor the price is justified sorta, although you can pay the same and be in a real cessna 172)  When I can afford that by the minute price, I won't be flying this, I'll be in a real sim.

If I got hit $15/hour I'd say ok without the instructor.

#4 LROPS

LROPS

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:48 AM

Hi TheButler208,

If you can show me a "real" sim for £100/30 minutes located in the UK with a fully functioning avionics suite I'll be pretty amazed.  The 30 minute package is meant more as a gift experience, not for the serious simmer.  A serious simmer might be more inclined to go for our three hour off-peak package for £299.

Or, in your language, £1.66 a minute.  :hrmm: