6 replies to this topic

#1 dover_6811

dover_6811

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:58 AM

Hi. I am trying to get started into modeling using GMAX, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the FSX gamepack installed into GMAX. I tried following some instructions I found via google, but the instructions wanted me to use a file that was not there. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

#2 TopDollar

TopDollar

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:07 PM

Instructions for installing the FSX gamepack into GMAX can be found in the FSX SDK.

#3 dover_6811

dover_6811

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:36 PM

Ok, I followed those instructions, but when I restarted GMAX I got an error that said either MaxXML or MaxUtils Plugin is missing and the FS Tools menu isn't there. How can I go about resolving this problem? Thanks.

#4 TopDollar

TopDollar

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:43 PM

I believe you have to start gmax from the sdk or something.  It's been quite a while since I have done it, so I'm not sure.

#5 dover_6811

dover_6811

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:16 PM

I can't find a place to actually start GMAX from within the SDK, there is only the setup file. And I double checked and both files are in the folder.

#6 flyhalf

flyhalf

Orville Reincarnate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:52 PM

Install it to wherever you want then you copy the FSX Gamepack Folder to the folder called Gamepacks in your Gmax folder. Gmax/Gamepacks. Then you actually launch Gmax from the new shortcut provided in this FSX Gamepack folder.

#7 dover_6811

dover_6811

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:48 PM

Ok, I got it installed and working correctly, however when I try to maximize the window, the screen completely screws up and i have to right click and click unfreeze all to fix it. But then when I click in any of the view windows to create an object the view instantly goes black and I can't see what I'm creating. How can I fix this?