6 replies to this topic

#1 Cosmin P.

Cosmin P.

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:11 PM

Somebody asked me how I do my jet blast, well hopefully this little tutorial will help you!

Here we go:

Step 1:After you take a screenshot, go to Photoshop, press CTRL+O (open file), after doing this press CTRL+J (this will add a new layer In case you don't like how it comes you can simply delete the layer)    rename your layer however you want, I renamed mine Engine Heat.  Posted Image

Step 2 Grab your Lasso Tool by pressing L on the keyboard and draw  the area where your heat will be.When we have selected the area we go to FILTER->BLUR->GAUSSIAN BLUR and put a value that fits to your screenshot!
Posted Image

Step 3:After applying the gaussian blur we want to distort our image a little to give the impression of heat and movement.To do that go to FILTER->DISTORT->OCEAN RIPPLE, now every screenshot is different and the style of a artist is different so you will change the settings and obtain a perfect distort just like I did.
Posted Image

Step 4:The last step of this tutorial is about Motion Blur,you want youre heat to look as realistic as possible, so you need to add a little motion.Go to FILTER->BLUR->MOTION BLUR, when opened you will see a little wheel, set the angle aprox with your aircrafts and also set the amount of blur.
Posted Image

Of course you can go crazy with your screenshot and add more things, I wanted a simple and straight forward tutorial!Also Excuse me for my bad english...Enjoy

Cosmin P.

#2 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:51 PM

Thanks for the tutorial!

View PostCosmin P., on Jun 24 2010, 01:11 PM, said:

Also Excuse me for my bad english

You're English is fine. :hrmm:

#3 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:04 AM

Very good. :hrmm: Good result!

And your English is fine.

#4 Cosmin P.

Cosmin P.

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:10 PM

Thank you guys!

#5 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:38 AM

Great tutorial :hrmm: Same method i use, allthough if i could have seen this however long ago it would have made things far easier :hrmm:

#6 jefcully

jefcully

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:27 AM

Thanks for this good idea about formating image in photo shop Through Tutorial,This Makes so simple that anyone can understand it and try their hand on other picture as well.IT Makes a things lot more easier.

#7 BrandonF

BrandonF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:20 AM

I think that the method works, but there should probably be a softer edge on the blur.  :hrmm: