6 replies to this topic

#1 E-Jet

E-Jet

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:39 AM

I am creating a new AFCAD for CYHZ and I am running into the problem where the AFCAD making program (AFX) wants to making it so the turn is curved. In Halifax, the lines on the turns are straight and even. Is there any program , way on how to make sure its like perfect lines and not curved?

like...

Posted Image

#2 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:17 PM

Not sure what the problem is you're trying to describe.  Just went to the Google satellite shot of CYHZ -- the particular area of the airport represented in your attached photograph -- and the taxi lines at that particular intersection are, indeed, curved in real-life.  They generally are as it is quite difficult to make an aircraft's nose gear do a 90-degree turn.  I don't know of any AFCAD/AFCAD-style program that is going to give you 90-degree turns on the taxi lines.

Edited by sarge, 28 August 2010 - 02:18 PM.

#3 OpexSim

OpexSim

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:20 PM

I think he means the taxiway boundary lines. Have another look at where those circles are highlighting.

As for a solution to your problem, Embraer -- I'm not sure you can achieve this with AFX. It's a fairly limited program as far as customizing the look of scenery in such a specific way. It's more for (re)creating airports in a default MSFS way. To do this, you'd probably have to make the taxiway in Gmax or similar and make up a texture file for it that features the straight taxiway boundary lines.

Hope this helps. :hrmm:

Edited by OpexSim, 28 August 2010 - 02:26 PM.

#4 Iain_

Iain_

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:34 AM

Those are the edges of the taxiways.

#5 Spam

Spam

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

make your real taxiway without shoulder edges...then use a dummy closed taxiway which is pretty thin with just one edge line and place them in the correct place.

Posted Image

Edited by spam3d, 30 August 2010 - 11:36 AM.

#6 Spam

Spam

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:44 AM

just had a fiddle with it and i would do it like this...

Posted Image

#7 E-Jet

E-Jet

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:33 PM

Thanks!