arb65912

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:22 AM

Hello,

My name is Andrzej.
I am X-Plane user and dedicated VATSIM pilot.
Just in case someone was not familiar with VATSIM.....

VATSIM is international on-line flying community where Air Traffic Controllers are real people and you fly using real weather.
I believe that this is the closest one can get as far as simulating real life flying.

Since getting started flying on VATSIM is not very easy because of very extensive learning material posted on their website,
I decided to help many people like me who want so bad to try this great experience but give up after looking at the learning material.
Believe it or not , I also gave up, I connected to VATSIM, I was totally lost, did not know what to do and what to say....I just sat there
for a while overwhelmed with phraseology and pilots interactions with Air Traffic Controllers and ...I disconnected.

But since you get bitten by a VATSIM bug, you can not just give up ... few weeks later I have tried again.
This time I have read most of the learning material and my head was spinning but I had to try again.
I did and things started clear out , what I have heard and seen started making a logical picture.
I was still making terrible mistakes, crashed few times, getting a bad headache and skyrocketing my blood pressure ..LOL but things started being fun.

The reason I am saying that is to help people who does not even know how great on-line flying can be and to provide them with simple way to get started without
all the stress and headaches.

Click on the link to the web page I have created just for that purpose and see for yourself.

ARB X-Plane VATSIM Center

I would recommend joining a Virtual Airline.
It helps a lot to be a part of the community with the same interests always willing to help. Give it a try Air Nothwest Virtual Airline
Good luck and see you soon on VATSIM.

Andrzej

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:48 AM

Are you advertising VATSIM or your VA?

#3 arb65912

arb65912

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:53 PM

View PostDomo, on Aug 26 2010, 12:48 PM, said:

Are you advertising VATSIM or your VA?

VATSIM, my web page and my VA ANW.

The idea is get more people involved in flying together and create friendly atmosphere as a group which is much more fun than flying solo and reading posts.
Of course the tastes vary but I still believe that there are many people who would like to do things I described and by getting more information and joining an airline along with a little help from my website would success to become very professional VATSIM pilots.

I hope I answered your question.

Blue skies.

Andrzej

#4 Iain_

Iain_

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:15 PM

:hrmm:

#5 Peter797

Peter797

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:28 PM

Vatsim has more than enough pilots Andrzej. Me being one of them. :hrmm: Pretty sure 99% of the forum knows what it is :hrmm:

#6 Peter797

Peter797

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:28 PM

Vatsim has more than enough pilots Andrzej. Me being one of them. :hrmm: Pretty sure 99% of the forum knows what it is :hrmm:

#7 arb65912

arb65912

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:35 PM

Peter,

Thank you for the input but I disagree.
I am sure that there are many pilots who do not know or know but give up after going to Required Reading section on VATSIM Forums.

In my opinion it is also about  realistic flying on VATSIM  ( and I hope my web site help to do it properly) which does not happen all the time.

I have been long enough flying on VATSIM to observe pilots talking who have no idea what is going on.

I am not putting anybody down but since probably most of us are looking for realistic experience, we should try to act accordingly.

I also wish VATSIM had 10 x more pilots at least.
Many times I fly and feel like flying over s desert.

Anyway, thanks for the input Peter, I respect all opinions even if I disagree.

Andrzej

#8 The_Fonz

The_Fonz

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

I know about it... But don't use it. Maybe i will one day.