4 replies to this topic

#1 Ben_1995

Ben_1995

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:51 AM

Hi FSW (I've posted this in the Mexsim forums too) I have a problem as described through the screenshots, the original ground texture seems to be merging in with the mexsim textures, any idea whats wrong ? im using FS9

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks,

#2 Sam Millar

Sam Millar

Orville Reincarnate

• Contest Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,740 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:36 PM

Have you tried moving the Mexsim scenery to the top of your library?

#3 DeLaGhetto

DeLaGhetto

formerly Norad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:40 PM

Hey ben!...

replied to your post at our forums!  :hrmm:

#4 Ben_1995

Ben_1995

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:13 PM

Yeah my Leeds scenery is at the top of my Library list, thanks for getting back to me on the forums David ! :hrmm:

#5 pete_agreatguy

pete_agreatguy

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

Hi Ben,

I know how to fix your problem. It sounds like you have two or more AFCAD files trying to be active at the same time. If re-ordering mexsim to the highest point in your scenery library doesn't work then ....

1) Navigate to your ‘Microsoft Games’ folder within the programs folder on your hard drive

2) Right click on your FS9 folder and select Search …

3) In the field of ‘All or part of the file name:’ type in “EGNM” Type as shown, i.e. make sure it is in CAPS

4) Click on the Search Button

5) Wait for all results to be listed in the search window

6) Set the window view to display details

7) Look carefully for any file named " .... EGNM...bgl " but more specifically AF2_EGNM.bgl as this tends to be the AFCAD used.

These files are the AFCAD files. There will be several of them:

1 = Default FS2004 AFCAD file
2 = Traffic Program you have (such as FS Traffic 2004 / 2005 by JustFlight.com)
3 = MEXSIM will have it's own in it's scenery folder

I don't have MEXSIM scenery installed at present as I'm still using the old UK2000 scenery so I'm not sure of the exact name of it but I suspect it is named AF2_EGNM.bgl ... maybe someone else can tell you the exact file name.

You want to use the view details to be able to see where each of these files are stored exactly within the FS directory. Delete those (back them up just in case you delete the wrong ones) that are not used ... remembering to keep your MEXSIM afcad only.

For Example: With my UK2000, it's afcad (AF2_EGNM.bgl and AF2_egnmMAX.bgl) are stored in ... C:\ Program Files \ Microsoft Games \ Flight Simulator 9 \ uk2000 scenery \ af2_high \ scenery

My FS Traffic 2005 AFCAD is stored in ... C:\ Program Files \ Microsoft Games \ Flight Simulator 9 \ Scenery \ Traffic2005AFD \ Scenery

So for me I would delete the AF2_EGNM.bgl file found within the latter folder (my traffic folder) in order to help fix this issue.

It's due to FS loading more than MEXSIM's scenery BGL file.

Hope this helps, Pete :)

Edited by pete_agreatguy, 20 August 2013 - 04:20 PM.