#41 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:02 PM

Two persons said "bad compression"

What does it mean?  I did not do any compression of any kind.

Does it mean too much sharpening? Or what? What did I do that two persons said JPEG compression?  I did not even use compression.

Thanks to all other for kind words for liking my screenshots.

7-5-7,  Thanks for your kind words on my screenshot and I actually never listen to children:):hrmm::) I do not know why people call them trolls. I prefer to call them childish children:):hrmm::)

Attention to Embraer, LA BOS, Mhockey21, and Buziel-411,

Please take your fightings to your own threads or your own posts and I would appreciate if you keep your fightings or gibberish babbling off my posts forever. Thank you. Next time will be reported to moderators.  FSW is not IDGF forums. Keep your IDGF forum language off my posts.

Aharon

#42 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:08 PM

View PostAharon, on Sep 12 2010, 08:02 PM, said:

Does it mean too much sharpening? Or what? What did I do that two persons said JPEG compression?  I did not even use compression.

7-5-7,  Thanks for your kind words on my screenshot and I actually never listen to children:):hrmm::) I do not know why people call them trolls. I prefer to call them childish children:):P:)

Please take your fightings to your own threads or your own posts and I would appreciate if you keep your fightings or gibberish babbling off my posts forever. Thank you. Next time will be reported to moderators.  FSW is not IDGF forums. Keep your IDGF forum language off my posts.

Aharon

Attention Aharon,

Not once did I babble "fighting words."  Your little buddy 7-5-7 felt the need to babble those when I simply gave you an idea to improve your threads.  In my opinion, your shots can be good enough without dramatization in some faked story.  Creating such stories distracts from your actual screenshots. :hrmm:

Regarding your question, when you save it in the format you did and then uploaded it to Photobucket, the file becomes compressed and compressed and compressed.  These images have been compressed so much that the quality has degraded.

EDIT: And it does look like you may have sharpened the images too much.  Either that or the compression is really bad, or what I'm guessing is a combination of both.

Edited by LA_BOS, 12 September 2010 - 10:12 PM.

#43 mhockey21

mhockey21

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:41 PM

View PostLA_BOS, on Sep 12 2010, 08:08 PM, said:

Attention Aharon,

Not once did I babble "fighting words."  Your little buddy 7-5-7 felt the need to babble those when I simply gave you an idea to improve your threads.  In my opinion, your shots can be good enough without dramatization in some faked story.  Creating such stories distracts from your actual screenshots. :hrmm:

Regarding your question, when you save it in the format you did and then uploaded it to Photobucket, the file becomes compressed and compressed and compressed.  These images have been compressed so much that the quality has degraded.

EDIT: And it does look like you may have sharpened the images too much.  Either that or the compression is really bad, or what I'm guessing is a combination of both.
Agreed, 7-5-7 has managed to de-rail almost every thread he manages to post in.

#44 JordanFarmer

JordanFarmer

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:55 PM

Well, there is a fair bit of compression, as was said, which is where the size of the jpeg is much smaller than the original file, and has caused a loss in quality.

My next point, I have read this whole thread, and clearly 7-5-7 started and argument wit LA_BOS and then when the other members tried to back him up, they got a rant at aswell, its not them you should be reporting

Anyway, thats just my OPINION :hrmm:

Cheers

#45 mhockey21

mhockey21

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:04 PM

View PostBA-Baracus, on Sep 12 2010, 08:55 PM, said:

Well, there is a fair bit of compression, as was said, which is where the size of the jpeg is much smaller than the original file, and has caused a loss in quality.

My next point, I have read this whole thread, and clearly 7-5-7 started and argument wit LA_BOS and then when the other members tried to back him up, they got a rant at aswell, its not them you should be reporting

Anyway, thats just my OPINION :hrmm:

Cheers
I already reported him!

#46 Santa

Santa

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:58 AM

Man, I love flame wars.  :hrmm:

#47 Janu

Janu

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:57 AM

Very nice shots Aharon.

#48 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:46 PM

View PostEGCC, on Sep 13 2010, 10:57 AM, said:

Very nice shots Aharon.

EGCC,

Thanks for your kind words!!

Regards,

Aharon

#49 nightfox

nightfox

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:25 PM

7-5-7 I am sorry to burst your bubble but LA_BOS has the right to his opinion regardless if people care for it or not, you are in no position to say that, also saying that is off topic so tell me this, why accuse LA_BOS of going off topic when you were the one who went off topic first? Stop being a hypocrite and just stop derailing threads because you think you are superier then all of us who were here long before you were.

Aharon shots are ok, not to keen on the all caps on the title and the compression has destroyed the pics. Try a different approach next time and see what the results come out as.
Cheers
Dan C

#50 E-Jet

E-Jet

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:52 PM

View PostAharon, on Sep 13 2010, 12:02 AM, said:

7-5-7,  Thanks for your kind words on my screenshot and I actually never listen to children:):hrmm::) I do not know why people call them trolls. I prefer to call them childish children:):hrmm::)

Aharon

Oh give me a break. S M D.

#51 blueviper

blueviper

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:52 PM

:hrmm: Nice ones!

#52 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:55 PM

View Post7-5-7, on Sep 12 2010, 07:23 PM, said:

In your opinion, that is. Again, nobody, absolutely nobody, cares about your opinion.
Who made you spokesperson on behalf of humanity? It would only take one other person to care about his opinion in order to make your statement completely wrong/false, which is already the case.

As Buizel said, he used a very famous quote. Everybody has the right to his/her own opinion but nobody has the right to make up his/her own facts.

===

With regards to this topic, I think the first screenshot was nicely edited but the second one had an unrealistic background. It was overdone, in my opinion.

===

Frankly, I'm not too bothered about topic titles or descriptions. But my advice for Aharon is not to take offence if some people suggested a few things to him. That is okay, at least they are open and honest about it, which is a lot better than someone pretending to be on your side and then speaking badly behind your back. So as a little advice Aharon, please pick your friends wisely in this forum and don't categorize people as children based on your emotions.

That is all.

Edited by Mohammad, 13 September 2010 - 10:59 PM.

#53 Santa

Santa

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:59 AM

Looks like we need to get the cyber police involved here. Or Jessie Slaughter's father...

#54 JordanFarmer

JordanFarmer

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:05 AM

Well, we all know that consequences will NEVER be the same!!!

#55 Kentaro

Kentaro

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,959 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:24 PM

Your tires are flat. Editing could use some work.

Also, you and 7-5-7s butt buddy relationship is annoying.

#56 VFR_Pierre

VFR_Pierre

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,543 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:37 PM

Hey Aharon,

See if uploading the shots onto imageshack makes the quality better. Cool shots!

#57 Element94

Element94

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:43 PM

Holy monkeyballs. What the tits is going on?

Aharon, pretty good shots. Ground stuff is okay, but I prefer to see the airplanes in the air  :hrmm:

Edited by Element94, 14 September 2010 - 02:44 PM.

#58 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:04 PM

Thanks Blueviper, Adamb, and Pierre for kind words!!

View PostElement94, on Sep 14 2010, 03:43 PM, said:

Aharon, pretty good shots. Ground stuff is okay, but I prefer to see the airplanes in the air  :hrmm:

Thanks and yes, Element94  I am practicing Photoshop Elements 8 and Paint Shop Photo Pro X2 Ultimate using planes either on ground or flying:):hrmm::):P

Whenever it is on ground, I want to practice real photo editing using FSX planes:);):)

Pierre, I do not think there is compression problem. I posted same screenshots on other half dozen aviation website forums and none of them mentioned compression problems. Only 5 people here who mentioned compression problems are the ones who started fighting on my screenshot post. So I will ignore compression problem until I hear from other half dozen aviation website forums similar request to fix the compression problem which is least of my problems. My main concern is to master the art of editing using Photoshop Elements 8 and Paint Shop Photo Pro X2 Ultimate.

Here is list of my goals for editing:

thunderstorm rain=  done
lighting=done
water reflection via puddles=done
landing gear lights=done
red and green lights on tips of wings=not done
formation of planes=not done
putting FSX planes on real world pics=not done
snowstorm=done
special trick to make metallic liveries very shiny=not done

Regards,

Aharon

#59 Folgers

Folgers

formerly Douglas Buis

• Members
  • 10,763 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

View PostAharon, on Sep 14 2010, 04:04 PM, said:

Thanks and yes, Element94  I am practicing Photoshop Elements 8 and Paint Shop Photo Pro X2 Ultimate using planes either on ground or flying:):hrmm::):hrmm:

Whenever it is on ground, I want to practice real photo editing using FSX planes:):P:)

Pierre, I do not think there is compression problem. I posted same screenshots on other half dozen aviation website forums and none of them mentioned compression problems. Only 5 people here who mentioned compression problems are the ones who started fighting on my screenshot post. So I will ignore compression problem until I hear from other half dozen aviation website forums similar request to fix the compression problem which is least of my problems. My main concern is to master the art of editing using Photoshop Elements 8 and Paint Shop Photo Pro X2 Ultimate.

thunderstorm rain=  done
lighting=done
landing gear lights=done
snowstorm=done

Regards,

Aharon
Your compression problems, that you choose to ignore, pretty much make your list useless because you can make your list of goals as realistic as possible, but if you save it and it looks over-exposed and compressed to all-get-out, then the "realistic" look you tried to go for is completely wasted effort.

And yes, there ARE compression problems.  Just because some aren't explicitly saying so, or you just choose not to listen because of the specific people who SAY the problem is there, then that doesn't exactly fix the problem nor allow you to learn anything from it.

If you hold your ears to your criticisms, you just look like a fool with wax on your fingers..  That's all I'll say.  I'll let your buddy 7-5-7 continue to pad your ego for you if that's what you need to get by in life.

#60 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:24 PM

View PostAharon, on Sep 15 2010, 01:34 AM, said:

Thanks and yes, Element94  I am practicing Photoshop Elements 8 and Paint Shop Photo Pro X2 Ultimate using planes either on ground or flying:):hrmm::):P

Whenever it is on ground, I want to practice real photo editing using FSX planes:);):)

thunderstorm rain=  done
lighting=done
landing gear lights=done
snowstorm=done

Regards,

Aharon

There are easily visible compression artifacts :hrmm:

It's a fact, 1 + 1 = 2, and if someone says no that doesn't mean the fact doesn't apply.

http://en.wikipedia....ession_artifact