1 reply to this topic

#1 Sjulimann

Sjulimann

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:36 PM

Hi, I am new to this forum and im not sure if this is the right place to post, but I'll try anyway.

I recently got my gear upgraded from one 24" monitor to three. I want to have my virtual cockpit view across all three monitors.

I know I can buy a Matrox TripleHead2Go, but I don't want to do that. Eyefinity is not an option either. There must be a cheaper way.  My solution is to create two new windows, place on on each side monitor, each displaying a virtual cockpit view as shown in this image:

Posted Image

The only problem is that the "free look" cap on top of the joystick only applies to an active window. Therefore I am wondering if there is any programs or addons for FSX that allows me to have multiple active windows, so that when I move my camera view with the joystick cap, it will respond simultaneously on all three monitors/windows?

And if there is no such program, someone should really make one. I don't think that is an impossible task if you are into that sort of things :hrmm:

-Sjulimann

#2 Sjulimann

Sjulimann

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:00 AM

I found the answer on another forum:

For those asking about the trouble of view panning, there is an unused command in FSX that permits to pan all windows at the same time. The command is VIEW - Link All ( toggle ) and this is used to activate the all-windows-linked panning. You need to got into the FSX commands and set it up to your liking. Great feature for us not using MATROX or Eyefinity.