- - - - -

KDCA missing after texture software install/removal!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TommyGee

TommyGee

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:46 AM

Hello All,

I have a strange and frustrating problem. I believe that the members of this forum can offer some insight as to a solution. I installed a well known flight sim add-on (FSX) , one that modifies only the default airports. I found those textures quite hideous and subsequently uninstalled those textures and returned the product as well. I have contacted the Support Department of the vendor and as of yet have heard nothing.

I have FSX Acceleration. What has happened is that my KDCA airport is corrupted it's missing wholly or in part major portions of buildings and jetways of the airport. The surrounding areas of KDCA such  as Arlington, VA and Rosslyn, VA appear intact. The elevated subway station at the airport is missing. All bridges across to Washington, DC are intact.  I have FSX Acceleration installed on a second computer, a virgin install devoid of payware add-ons.On that machine KDCA appears as it should.

I have tried copying the root scenery and texture subdirs from that machine to the afflicted one with no success. I have tried to find where the scenery index is hidden within FSX, my intention was to mirror a default install on the afflicted machine as part of the troubleshooting process. No success there either. It's almost like some "modified" bgl file or other is exerting influence beyond it's range. Would reinstallling Acceleration help, isn't that the upgrade where significant change took place to the FSX default airports?

Any thoughts or ideas beyond reinstalling FSX. I would greatly appreciate any help??