#21 Peter797

Peter797

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:01 PM

View PostSteve_Jobs, on Oct 25 2010, 10:56 AM, said:

Some of the designs I've seen in terms of you signatures are very common. I've seen around countless times.

That's cool.

#22 umk747

umk747

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:28 AM

What did you build your site in Peter?

Umar

#23 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

View Postumk747, on Nov 21 2010, 07:28 AM, said:

What did you build your site in Peter?
I can field that one. He shot me the PSD and I sliced everything together and coded it up. I used Espresso for that. It's a fantastic IDE.

#24 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:35 PM

While I don't want anyone to waste their money on junk, consider purchasing the Photoshop edition of the Smashing Magazine book series. Their books are rudimentary basic crap, but there are some valuable lessons in them.

If you want a nice free IDE suite, I suggest either Eclipse or Aptana. Or if you want to go lightweight and don't need the extra crap, go with Notepad++.

#25 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:24 PM

View PostSwitchFX, on Nov 21 2010, 06:35 PM, said:

If you want a nice free IDE suite, I suggest either Eclipse or Aptana. Or if you want to go lightweight and don't need the extra crap, go with Notepad++.
Speaking of IDEs, it has come to my attention that there aren't very many "good" web IDEs for Windows. Besides the obvious cross-platform options (such as the three that you mentioned, Switch), there's Dreamweaver and that's about it (unless you went with Microsoft's IDE... I don't know anything about it though).

Whereas, on the other hand, Mac OS X has tons of web IDEs available. Coda, Espresso, Textmate, Textwrangler. I am probably missing a few.

I learned firsthand how many out-of-date or just plain lousy web IDEs were available for Windows after our Webpage Publishing teacher told us that the school couldn't afford Dreamweaver for their computers. :hrmm:

#26 Fate01_VUSAFS

Fate01_VUSAFS

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:35 PM

Change:

My name is Peter and I am a graphic designer located in Canada.

I have over 4 years experience of creating logos, banners and program GUI's in Photoshop. I focus on collaborating with the client to create current and modern designs.

To:

Hi there. I'm Peter (insert last name here), located in (city/province), Canada. With over 4 years of experience creating web images, I focus on collaborating with my clients to create the best modern image designs to suit your needs. Logos, Banners, and Program Graphics, all done in Photoshop. (insert some form of professional closing).

:hrmm:

#27 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:53 PM

View Postpwn247, on Nov 21 2010, 07:24 PM, said:

Speaking of IDEs, it has come to my attention that there aren't very many "good" web IDEs for Windows. Besides the obvious cross-platform options (such as the three that you mentioned, Switch), there's Dreamweaver and that's about it (unless you went with Microsoft's IDE... I don't know anything about it though).

Whereas, on the other hand, Mac OS X has tons of web IDEs available. Coda, Espresso, Textmate, Textwrangler. I am probably missing a few.

I learned firsthand how many out-of-date or just plain lousy web IDEs were available for Windows after our Webpage Publishing teacher told us that the school couldn't afford Dreamweaver for their computers. :hrmm:
There's quite a lot if you explore your options.

#28 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:20 AM

View PostFalcon01, on Nov 21 2010, 07:35 PM, said:

Change:
To:
Hi there. I'm Peter (insert last name here), located in (city/province), Canada. With over 4 years of experience creating web images, I focus on collaborating with my clients to create the best modern image designs to suit your needs. Logos, Banners, and Program Graphics, all done in Photoshop. (insert some form of professional closing).

:hrmm:

Ahem.

The Virtual United States Air Forces is a Mricrosft® Flight Simulator-related, free-to-use organization, and is not associated in any way with any U.S. Government or Armed Forces affiliate or sponsor.

#29 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:24 PM

You know, for what it's worth, I would recommend separating everything but your markup and linking it in the markup. One single file edit is easier than multiple file edits.