3 replies to this topic

#1 Kenny

Kenny

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:25 PM

By looking at other inputs to repainting aircrafts you need Photoshop. I have Photoshop CS3  I do Graphic work. My question is there are two types of PS the regular, extended version. Does it matter which one as I am new to repainting. I would like to try it out. Also do you need a blank plane or can you open any aircraft in PS and change it? Any respopnses would greatly be appreciated. Happy flying!

#2 seat183

seat183

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:55 PM

View PostKenny, on Oct 27 2010, 09:25 PM, said:

By looking at other inputs to repainting aircrafts you need Photoshop. I have Photoshop CS3  I do Graphic work. My question is there are two types of PS the regular, extended version. Does it matter which one as I am new to repainting. I would like to try it out. Also do you need a blank plane or can you open any aircraft in PS and change it? Any respopnses would greatly be appreciated. Happy flying!

CS3 will do fine.
You need the paintkit, of the specific model you want to repaint.

#3 tvieno

tvieno

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

I would first recommend that you get a small program called DXTBmp, DXT Extended Bitmap Manipulation.  (Do a search for it, it's out there and free).  You'll need it to convert the images into something that you can edit.

It doesn't matter whether you use CS3,4, or even MS Paint to edit the images.

Most of the default planes in FSX have a plain white model you can work with, otherwise you can try painting an existing texture.  It all depends on how good you are.  Be sure to back up the original first!

One resource that I have found invaluable is http://www.fsdeveloper.com .

#4 Kenny

Kenny

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:30 PM

Thanks I will try it out.