#81 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:44 PM

View PostWater_Boy, on Nov 4 2010, 11:41 PM, said:

No, I haven't. These projects from MIT, CAL-Tech, whatever have been scrapped time and time again because they don't meet the criteria listed in FAR 25. The ones that do end up meeting the criteria end up costing too much money to build. Just because engineers are working on a project doesn't mean it's going to make it all the way to the manufacturing stage. The engineer's get paid to come up with these designs, and that's all they care about. They don't care if the project actually makes it.

And before you stereotype again consider this;

My dad was a engineer which graduated from MIT and worked on projects like this throughout his whole career. Only a few of his projects were successful and I won't say which ones they were. Nor will I say who my dad worked for.

You could have just said that in the beginning as opposed to claiming I was attacking you and acting like you had the deciding vote in what should or shouldn't get a member banned.

Not only that, do you realize this is now four times in a month you've backtracked on your 'I'm ignoring him and no longer talking to him' statement?

#82 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:52 PM

View Posthgtkifhieoplwoji, on Nov 5 2010, 12:44 AM, said:

You could have just said that in the beginning as opposed to claiming I was attacking you and acting like you had the deciding vote in what should or shouldn't get a member banned.

Not only that, do you realize this is now four times in a month you've backtracked on your 'I'm ignoring him and no longer talking to him' statement?

Here's the thing;

I wasn't attacking you. I did nothing in this thread to provoke you to lash out at me, which is why I reported that post. I basically told you in that statement what I've been saying from the 1st page. There are alot of things that members on this forum don't know about me, and I plan to keep it that way.

Edited by Water_Boy, 04 November 2010 - 11:54 PM.

#83 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:57 PM

View PostWater_Boy, on Nov 4 2010, 11:52 PM, said:

Here's the thing;

I wasn't attacking you. I did nothing in this thread to provoke you to lash out at me, which is why I reported that post. I basically told you in that statement what I've been saying from the 1st page. There are alot of things that members on this forum don't know about me, and I plan to keep it that way.

I wasn't lashing out at you, either. I was just trying to drive the statement home that the ones who are at work on the project are the ones who know most about it. For example, even I didn't know the BBW in question would carry only 350 until I read more into it.

#84 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:06 AM

View Posthgtkifhieoplwoji, on Nov 5 2010, 12:57 AM, said:

I wasn't lashing out at you, either. I was just trying to drive the statement home that the ones who are at work on the project are the ones who know most about it. For example, even I didn't know the BBW in question would carry only 350 until I read more into it.

For the bolded part, that's irrelevant. BWB concepts are all the same, and they all recently (commercial BBW's) have been scrapped due to flaws in design.

For the rest of that statement, that's not a surprise. BWB's can carry more weight vs the conventional setup and burn less fuel, which is why engineers keep tackling BWBs. Eventually BWB's will be in the airline industry, but unless some miracle inventions comes through they won't be in the industry for a long time.

Edited by Water_Boy, 05 November 2010 - 12:10 AM.

#85 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:10 AM

View PostWater_Boy, on Nov 5 2010, 12:06 AM, said:

For the bolded part, that's irrelevant. BBW concepts are all the same, and they all recently (commercial BBW's) have been scrapped due to flaws in design.

Well, I gave you my cites and sources, what are yours? (And don't say FAR 25 again, because I will likely really lash out then with the patience level this head ache has given me tonight, I mean an actual, bonafied official article stating the BBW has been scrapped commercially, like the ones I posted on the evac study)

#86 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:11 AM

View Posthgtkifhieoplwoji, on Nov 5 2010, 01:10 AM, said:

Well, I gave you my cites and sources, what are yours? (And don't say FAR 25 again, because I will likely really lash out then with the patience level this head ache has given me tonight, I mean an actual, bonafied official article stating the BBW has been scrapped commercially, like the ones I posted on the evac study)

FAR 25 is the standard protocol for all turbine transport category airplanes in the US. You can't ignore what's written in law.

You also have ETOPS/LROPS regulations set by the JAA to tackle.

Edited by Water_Boy, 05 November 2010 - 12:13 AM.

#87 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:12 AM

View PostWater_Boy, on Nov 5 2010, 12:11 AM, said:

FAR 25 is the standard protocol for all turbine transport category airplanes in the US. You can't ignore what's written in law.

Which is exactly why I inquired to NASA themselves about this and await their response. Anything else?

#88 Gym_Class_Hero

Gym_Class_Hero

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:13 AM

Could someone tell me quickly WT# FAR 25 is? :hrmm:

#89 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:14 AM

View Post___, on Nov 5 2010, 01:13 AM, said:

Could someone tell me quickly WT# FAR 25 is? :hrmm:

Linky

#90 Gym_Class_Hero

Gym_Class_Hero

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:20 AM

View PostWater_Boy, on Nov 5 2010, 10:44 AM, said:

Wow, that's one little part of the FAA?  That's MASSIVE. :hrmm:

Our Aviation Industry the way it is is :hrmm: advanced, no :P Joke.  Wowzers.

#91 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:23 AM

View Post___, on Nov 5 2010, 01:20 AM, said:

Wow, that's one little part of the FAA?  That's MASSIVE. :hrmm:

Our Aviation Industry the way it is is :hrmm: advanced, no :P Joke.  Wowzers.

Technically all I linked you was FAR 14 subpart 25. There are roughly 1,000 subparts under title 14, each of them about that long. And NASA is included. ;)

Edited by Water_Boy, 05 November 2010 - 12:27 AM.

#92 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:28 AM

View PostWater_Boy, on Nov 5 2010, 12:23 AM, said:

Technically all I linked you was FAR 14 subpart 25. There are roughly 1,000 subparts under title 14, each of them about that long. :hrmm:

With all the Futurama avatars going around, I think I found the right one for you.

Posted Image

#93 Gym_Class_Hero

Gym_Class_Hero

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:45 PM

View Posthgtkifhieoplwoji, on Nov 5 2010, 10:58 AM, said:

With all the Futurama avatars going around

I saw only 1 :hrmm:

#94 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:02 PM

View Post___, on Nov 5 2010, 12:45 PM, said:

I saw only 1 :hrmm:

There's The Professor and Phillip J. Fry. :hrmm: At least.

#95 Kentaro

Kentaro

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,959 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:28 PM

View Posthgtkifhieoplwoji, on Nov 5 2010, 01:02 PM, said:

There's The Professor and Phillip J. Fry. :hrmm: At least.

And my best friend Bender.