76 replies to this topic

#41 pieterjan456

pieterjan456

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:40 PM

Am I the only one who thinks it isn't bad? I kinda like it, it really has a Swedish look imo

#42 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:50 PM

wow  the video on Finnair website looks like FSX   I wish the clouds are FSX!!!! Make me wonder what model they used for that video.  Looks like POSKY or Overland to me!!

Aharon

#43 Independence76

Independence76

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:01 PM

View PostDuke, on Dec 20 2010, 10:56 AM, said:

Wow... just wow....

You seriously believe that everything on Airliners.net is absolutely true and factual?  You are a fool for doing so.

That is no different than believing everything on FSW without question. Those who claim they are pilots, those who claim they are the sole survivor of horrific car crashes, etc.

Whatever you read from "insider sources" on Airliners.net is worth about as much as a pile of turd. I am truly sorry for you.

You think I believe everything I hear? What is with you and making the most out-there and childish assumptions about others?

Lets review this from a perspective of pure sanity:

1. Reveal

Airlines who announce a big unveiling of a new image or livery do not paint their aircraft in that new livery 2 weeks ahead of time. Conclusion: it is illogical to judge it as final livery before actual livery is displayed.

2. Airliners.net

I do not believe everything I hear. However, there were multiple sources (not just one) on the website that were not pulled out of someone's :hrmm:. Not to mention, point #1 is parallel to the claims in every way. If the airline paints a livery 2 weeks before the announced reveal, you will assume it is a mere interim livery along with the sources provided.

Conclusion:
You have to be insane to call such logic insane.

#44 Cactus

Cactus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:21 PM

So, a planespotter has captured an image of the aircraft being pulled out of the paint hangar. This is far from being an 'official unveiling'

Just ask Air Canada, it is hard to keep a wide-body airliner a secret:
http://www.heraldnet...LOG01/906309979
(Edit: Surprise surprise, this 'leaked photo' was exactly 15 days prior to the official airline delivery and unveiling ceremony)

Airliners.net is about as credible as Wikipedia. Period.

Edited by Duke, 20 December 2010 - 04:26 PM.

#45 Independence76

Independence76

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:32 PM

View PostDuke, on Dec 20 2010, 03:21 PM, said:

So, a planespotter has captured an image of the aircraft being pulled out of the paint hangar. This is far from being an 'official unveiling'

It takes some pretty uninterested management to fly a plane carrying the new image before it's even used. It's called unorganized PR.

Just ask Air Canada, it is hard to keep a wide-body airliner a secret:
http://www.heraldnet...LOG01/906309979
(Edit: Surprise surprise, this 'leaked photo' was exactly 15 days prior to the official airline delivery and unveiling ceremony)

They could have done two things:

1. Taken delivery of the aircraft under a normal paint scheme and added the decals later.

2. Asked Boeing Company to have covered up the decals with external temporary decals until unveiling time if possible.

Either way, the conclusion for both incidents is uninterested or unorganized management. You expect more from airlines when you see others doing their job properly.

Edited by Independence76, 20 December 2010 - 04:38 PM.

#46 - M.Parker -

- M.Parker -

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:33 PM

View PostDuke, on Dec 20 2010, 03:21 PM, said:

Who the :hrmm: do you think you are, Duke? Is it really necessary to bully everyone on these forums?

#47 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:42 PM

Posted Image

Edited by pyruvate, 20 December 2010 - 04:43 PM.

#48 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:57 PM

View Post- M.Parker -, on Dec 20 2010, 02:33 PM, said:

Who the :hrmm: do you think you are, Duke? Is it really necessary to bully everyone on these forums?

How is he "bullying" anyone :P

Indy is the one throwing the insults around

___

Indy: Chill your :hrmm:. You were wrong, just admit it and move on holy croooooooow.

___

In terms of the paint, I think it fits the Finnish look

Edited by Bender, 20 December 2010 - 04:57 PM.

#49 Independence76

Independence76

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:59 PM

View PostBender, on Dec 20 2010, 03:57 PM, said:

Indy: Chill your :hrmm:. You were wrong, just admit it and move on holy croooooooow.

It has nothing to do with the fact that I was mistaken (along with a lot of other people), it's the fact that Duke had to parade the fact around like he's some child.

#50 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

View PostBender, on Dec 21 2010, 03:27 AM, said:

In terms of the paint, I think it fits the Finnish look

Yup, it's quit un-finnished :hrmm:

#51 Cactus

Cactus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:18 PM

View Post- M.Parker -, on Dec 20 2010, 04:33 PM, said:

Hi, M. Parker:

I have made a fairly compelling argument in terms of the accuracy of information on Airliners.net. Last I checked, this does not exactly qualify as a personal attack. If you have interpreted this as insulting towards Independence76, you are mistaken. I am merely trying to bring this fact to light. The example as demonstrated in this thread is irrefutable evidence. But instead, the members of this forum would rather blame me and blame Finnair than question the legitamicy of a forum that is nothing short of a rumour mill.

In terms of business sense, painting an entire A340 with a full-sized livery should hardly be considered interim, as aircraft paint is far from cheap. We're not talking about bringing your plane down to Maaco here. We are talking upwards of $75,000.

Given your previous attempts to post slanderous messages on my FSW profile, I am not surprised you would say something like this. It should be noted that just days ago you slammed someone as having no aviation training when infact they hold a valid CPL. Pot, meet kettle.

Have a nice day.

#52 Independence76

Independence76

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:35 PM

View PostDuke, on Dec 20 2010, 04:18 PM, said:

I am merely trying to bring this fact to light. The example as demonstrated in this thread is irrefutable evidence. But instead, the members of this forum would rather blame me and blame Finnair than question the legitamicy of a forum that is nothing short of a rumour mill.

What facts did you ever "bring to light?"  :hrmm:

In terms of business sense, painting an entire A340 with a full-sized livery should hardly be considered interim, as aircraft paint is far from cheap. We're not talking about bringing your plane down to Maaco here. We are talking upwards of $75,000.

There are plenty of occurrences in the past of airlines painting their aircraft in an unfinished livery, like a beta. To predict this as another one of those events is not uncommon.

Given your previous attempts to post slanderous messages on my FSW profile, I am not surprised you would say something like this. It should be noted that just days ago you slammed someone as having no aviation training when infact they hold a valid CPL. Pot, meet kettle.

Have a nice day.

Now, his comment may be out of line, but my question is why do you seem to get a ride out of shoving "you're wrong" into other people's faces? You've done it many times and you only make people angry at you.

Unlike your assumption, people have not gotten angry because you proved them wrong - they're angry the way you do it. Instead of being educational and enlightening by bringing forth proper information, you consider it a practice of ownage.

It doesn't make you look impressive, it merely makes you look like an :hrmm:.

#53 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:49 PM

View PostRudolph, on Dec 18 2010, 08:35 AM, said:

It looks rather exquisite in this image I thought.
Posted Image

I actually think it looks pretty good. :hrmm:

#54 Independence76

Independence76

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

View PostRudolph-411, on Dec 20 2010, 05:49 PM, said:

I actually think it looks pretty good. :hrmm:

I think it's crappy, but it could be MUCH worse....

Before:
Posted Image

After
Posted Image

:hrmm:

#55 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:55 PM

View PostIndependence76, on Dec 20 2010, 05:35 PM, said:

Unlike your assumption, people have not gotten angry because you proved them wrong - they're angry the way you do it. Instead of being educational and enlightening by bringing forth proper information, you consider it a practice of ownage.

It doesn't make you look impressive, it merely makes you look like an :hrmm:.

You were the one who used MEGA BOLD COLORED FONT to snap at everyone that it was an interim livery, without any citations.

View PostIndependence76, on Dec 20 2010, 05:54 PM, said:

I think it's crappy, but it could be MUCH worse....

Before:
Posted Image

After
Posted Image

:hrmm:

I always thought the colored livery was the older one. :P

#56 Independence76

Independence76

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:11 PM

View PostRudolph-411, on Dec 20 2010, 05:55 PM, said:

You were the one who used MEGA BOLD COLORED FONT to snap at everyone that it was an interim livery, without any citations.

Because people were complaining about it like it was official.

I didn't add any citations because I assumed people here actually read Airliners.net. I expect people to be more broad or interested on the subject.

#57 Cactus

Cactus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:44 PM

Ownage is the best taste of medicine, and I didn't even have to say anything. Let's revisit the post in question.

View PostIndependence76, on Nov 26 2010, 12:20 PM, said:

It's an interim livery, people.

In your posts a month ago, there was absolutely no speculation on the issue at all. This WAS an interim livery. All the posts in the world wouldn't have swayed your armchair quarterbacking.  How on earth am I supposed to educate you if there is absolutely no question in your mind, and you are unwilling to consider another point of view?

Edited by Duke, 20 December 2010 - 07:47 PM.

#58 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:47 PM

Oh sheesh how much we all care about a LIVERY...

:hrmm: ... ...

#59 Independence76

Independence76

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:49 PM

View PostDuke, on Dec 20 2010, 06:44 PM, said:

Ownage is the best taste of medicine, and I didn't even have to say anything.

And that right there makes you an :hrmm:.

You pride it around like a child and a new toy, only in other people's faces. You're 23, and I'm 17. At least try to compete in terms of consideration and maturity instead of being this fellow who only comes across as some kind of "dominant figure" where your only educational method is rude sarcasm.

In your posts a month ago, there was absolutely no speculation on the issue at all. This WAS an interim livery. All the posts in the world wouldn't have swayed your armchair quarterbacking.  How on earth am I supposed to educate you if there is absolutely no question in your mind?

Why would I want to be educated by someone who treats others like dirt?

Edited by Independence76, 20 December 2010 - 07:50 PM.

#60 Cactus

Cactus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:51 PM

View PostIndependence76, on Dec 20 2010, 07:49 PM, said:

Why would I want to be educated by someone who treats others like dirt?

You were wrong. Perhaps instead of attacking me, you could be a man and admit it.