#21 PrivateCustard

PrivateCustard

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:52 PM

Idiotic.

Debris is common, it's why airports have regular sweeps of the tarmac by important men in fluro-jackets wearing sunglasses.

Who was ultimately responsible for Concorde bursting into flames was Air France themselves. Plans had been put forward to fit the fuel tanks with protective kevlar jackets, but they said it was too expensive. The fact that the jet that went down was a known gas-guzzler and was carrying a lot of fuel, combined with extra weight being stowed on-board without the ground crew bothering to tell the pilots, meant it fell like a stone when it went down to only the starboard engines.

I'll bet 113 lives that their laziness cost them more. This report is far too simplistic. It was a whole catalogue of errors that crashed the plane..........and 9/11 that finally killed the Concordes for good.

I miss them  :hrmm:

EDIT: They also burned a lot less fuel taxiing that they thought they would. More unwanted weight.

Edited by PrivateCustard, 06 December 2010 - 04:53 PM.

#22 Cactus

Cactus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:28 PM

View PostAharon, on Dec 6 2010, 03:48 PM, said:

When Concorde took off from Dulles after hitting debris on runway that punched a huge gaping hole on wing, the pilots were unaware and continued climbing. A passenger sitting next to window saw big hole and pressed emergency light to call head steward's attention. The steward came to the passenger who told him there was a big hole on wing. Steward dismissed passenger's claim saying it was part of flaps' functions and many passengers always mistook it as a hole. The steward returned to his seat and the passenger got fed up. He pressed the emergency button again to summon the steward who walked to the passenger warning him that if he would cause any more problem, he would be restrained with more seat belts. The passenger did not appreciate those words and shoved the steward's face to the window, telling him to look at the wing. The steward saw the wing and said OH MY GOD and he ran to the pilots telling them there was a big gaping hole that was continuing expanding and widening on the wing and the pilots were forced to turn around and made emergency landing on Dulles.

This part of Aharon's post is factual. Here's a link to the BEA final report that describes "numerous" prior events:
http://www.bea.aero/.../appendix5p.pdf

View PostPrivateCustard, on Dec 6 2010, 04:52 PM, said:

EDIT: They also burned a lot less fuel taxiing that they thought they would. More unwanted weight.

Load less fuel?  :hrmm:

#23 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:55 PM

View Postscavers, on Dec 6 2010, 04:28 PM, said:

+1. He also makes some pretty blatant accusations as why the aircraft was overweight. *Facepalm*

Scavers,

The Concorde was overloaded and overweight. It was not blatant accusation unless coming from you being clueless in accurate facts.

Santa,

Your clueless Orpah response explains why you always get stuck in chimneys.

Peter797,

I already told you I watched 2 hour documentary about American aviation experts doing independent investigating the Concorde crash and I made it clear I do not remember the name of program or what tv station. It was on tv last year or 2 years ago.

Aharon

#24 British_Midland

British_Midland

Private Pilot - IFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:59 PM

View PostAharon, on Dec 6 2010, 10:55 PM, said:

Santa,

Peter797,

I already told you I watched 2 hour documentary about American aviation experts doing independent investigating the Concorde crash and I made it clear I do not remember the name of program or what tv station. It was on tv last year or 2 years ago.

Aharon

Point 1,

BWAHAHAHAHHA, and you told us you were over 18. F.Y.I he's not really Santa. Just like I'm not a friendly looking bear. Which brings me onto my next point...

Point 2,

Just because it's a documentary doesn't mean it's 100% true.

Edited by Christmas_Bear, 06 December 2010 - 06:01 PM.

#25 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:04 PM

View PostChristmas_Bear, on Dec 6 2010, 05:59 PM, said:

Point 1,

BWAHAHAHAHHA, and you told us you were over 18

Point 2,

Just because it's a documentary doesn't mean it's 100% true.

Christmas Bear hiding under many screennames claim that documentary program about FOREMOST EXPERTS in aviation doing independent investigation on Concorde crash is NOT 100 percent true.

Sheeshh  Christmas bear thinks he is more expert than the documentary program's FAA experts and foremost experts in aviation including some former NBST employees and pilots who were doing investigation on Concorde crash.

This discussion about Concorde has been discussed over over over. Here is original post about Concorde crash: http://www.flightsim...amp;hl=concorde

Aharon

#26 British_Midland

British_Midland

Private Pilot - IFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:19 PM

View PostAharon, on Dec 6 2010, 11:04 PM, said:

Christmas Bear hiding under many screennames claim that documentary program about FOREMOST EXPERTS in aviation doing independent investigation on Concorde crash is NOT 100 percent true.

Sheeshh  Christmas bear thinks he is more expert than the documentary program's FAA experts and foremost experts in aviation including some former NBST employees and pilots who were doing investigation on Concorde crash.

This discussion about Concorde has been discussed over over over. Here is original post about Concorde crash: http://www.flightsim...amp;hl=concorde

Aharon

Posted Image

#27 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:20 PM

Yea, I saw this thread going to the dumps when Ahron popped in with his essay.

#28 British_Midland

British_Midland

Private Pilot - IFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:21 PM

View Postpyruvate, on Dec 6 2010, 11:20 PM, said:

It always happens.

#29 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:10 PM

View Postpyruvate, on Dec 6 2010, 06:20 PM, said:

On contrary, any thread goes to the dumps when children such as you think they are more expert than professional aviation people

Aharon

#30 British_Midland

British_Midland

Private Pilot - IFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:13 PM

View PostAharon, on Dec 7 2010, 12:10 AM, said:

when children such as you think they are more expert than professional aviation people

Aharon

Oh the irony.

Edited by Christmas_Bear, 06 December 2010 - 07:13 PM.

#31 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE(PrivateCustard @ Dec 6 2010, 04:52 PM) *

Duke: Load less fuel? unsure.gif

Duke is right.

PrivateCustard,

Unless I am mistaken, I believe all Concorde pilots clearly knew what the fuel consumption would be for taxiing from gate to runway BECAUSE all Concordes always were given top priority for taxi to runways WITHOUT waiting in long line of planes for taxi or for take off.  Concordes never waited in lines in all airports. They were given top priority for immediate taxi to runways without waiting or stops.

Aharon

#32 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:20 PM

View PostAharon, on Dec 7 2010, 05:40 AM, said:

On contrary, any thread goes to the dumps when children such as you think they are more expert than professional aviation people

Aharon

LMAO EXPERT! :hrmm: !!

Edited by pyruvate, 06 December 2010 - 07:21 PM.

#33 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:25 PM

View Postpyruvate, on Dec 6 2010, 07:20 PM, said:

LMAO EXPERT! :hrmm: !!

So pyruvate the child,  you are going to want to tell all of FSW members that you are more expert than all aviation experts, FAA experts, pilots, and NBST experts in that documentary program about political free independent investigation of Concorde crash??? Do you have qualifications to prove them wrong?

Aharon

#34 Flying_Pie

Flying_Pie

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:29 PM

View PostAharon, on Dec 6 2010, 05:25 PM, said:

So pyruvate the child,  you are going to want to tell all of FSW members that you are more expert than all aviation experts, FAA experts, pilots, and NBST experts in that documentary program about political free independent investigation of Concorde crash??? Do you have qualifications to prove them wrong?

Aharon
He's not addressing you, he's addressing your citation-less posts. If you're going to make such claims, it'll generally work in your favor to provide your sources.

Purdue OWL: MLA Formatting and Style Guide

#35 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:30 PM

View PostAharon, on Dec 7 2010, 05:55 AM, said:

Aharon

I never :hrmm: said I am an expert.

Point me to the post where I said I am a :hrmm: expert. :P

#36 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:30 PM

As soon as I saw from the thread title that the topic dealt with the Concorde crash, and then saw that Aharon had just posted in the topic... I knew exactly what to expect.

#37 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:34 PM

I just think its a terrible loss that this incident was one of the main factors in the grounding of Concorde :hrmm:

#38 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:37 PM

View PostAharon, on Dec 6 2010, 04:55 PM, said:

Santa,

:hrmm:

Peter797,

I watched a professional documentary that proved aliens from the planet Qo'nos were responsible for the Concorde crash... Unfortunately, I can't remember what it was called, or what TV station I saw it on. But, trust me, it was true!

Posted Image

Edited by Rudolph-411, 06 December 2010 - 07:41 PM.

#39 Alex_S

Alex_S

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:18 PM

Now come on! Bashing Aharon may be fun, but if he won't provide citations maybe it's time you did your own digging. Indeed, it did come out in a documentary, ACI maybe, or something on the BBC I can't be bothered - it's 2am, but amongst over things they did say that Concorde was overweight and diverted to a previously non-active runway. The latter would suggest why she was more overweight than planned as she had less distance to taxi and suggest why the runway may not have been cleared of debris - silly ATC. Concorde (apparently) was overweight due to problems at AF's ground handling side.
However, whether the aircraft would have taken off before hitting the debris, if she was not overweight is an important issue.

Also, the documentary did highlight that the PIC did turn off the wrong engine, but the details of that would mean me watching it again, and for now bed calls.

Ultimately, Aharon has some points, and to be honest I've only ever seen maybe one example of someone offering citations and that was Pwn in a thread now long forgotten, so let the topic flow and if needs be read his posts, make your judgements and move on.

#40 E-Jet

E-Jet

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:04 PM

Aharon, stop before you get bashed on even more. This happens every time you accuse someone of being a child yet you are a child.