#21 Independence76

Independence76

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:30 PM

View PostZiggles, on Jan 24 2011, 09:25 PM, said:

Sorry I didn't state this at first but when I refer to the economy product, im taking about the whole experience. Maybe I cant speak for their 777 but I flew AA to Chile from Miami on one of their 767's and it was terrible. I think in general that AA is a lousy airline. The cabin was dirty, bad flight attendants, cramped seats. I don't think legroom is everything, because none of the seats had high headrests so you can't really lay back in them. Granted it was an older plane but they should still make an effort to refresh the cabin. Since AA is in an alliance with LAN, I flew on one of LANs 767s on the way back and the difference was incredible. For one the seats had personal screens (which I think is a must for flights longer than 7 hours), laying back allowed you to comfortably put your feet below the seet infront of you so you can stretch, the service was much better, and I was relaxed when I got off the plane. Now I don't think blaming just AA is right since to be honest, most major carriers economy seats blow. But having been on BA, SAS, AF, their seats I think are a lot better. But like i mentioned, The service is also what makes a difference.

AA's Miami base has been known to have sub-par staff, services, and maintenance.

There's some justification into blaming AA still, but the airport itself doesn't have a good reputation for exceptional services.

#22 Ziggles

Ziggles

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:33 PM

View PostIndependence76, on Jan 24 2011, 10:30 PM, said:

AA's Miami base has been known to have sub-par staff, services, and maintenance.

There's some justification into blaming AA still, but the airport itself doesn't have a good reputation for exceptional services.
I'm not blaming the airport, I'm blaming the airline. In my book, if you want to be a good reputable airline, its your job to make sure you have a good consistent service wherever you travel.

#23 Romario_

Romario_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:39 PM

For AA, Miami hub = Most unfriendly (yes I know this is a generalization).

#24 Independence76

Independence76

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:42 PM

View PostZiggles, on Jan 24 2011, 09:33 PM, said:

I'm not blaming the airport, I'm blaming the airline. In my book, if you want to be a good reputable airline, its your job to make sure you have a good consistent service wherever you travel.

Hence why I still said it's mainly justified to blame AA.

While I have had no issues whatsoever in Chicago and Dallas (great service, TBH), when I went to Miami, it was terribly run. I've heard multiple AA flights out of Miami also having a lot of the same problems you described.

#25 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:54 PM

View PostIndependence76, on Jan 24 2011, 08:30 PM, said:

*cough*like driving a baggage loader into the plane*cough*

^That happened to me in Miami with AA.  The moron put a hole in the plane and that, combined with a few other factors, caused a 4.5 hour delay.

#26 tropicalfish

tropicalfish

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,935 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:26 PM

View PostZiggles, on Jan 24 2011, 08:32 PM, said:

AA still sucks in my opinion. When you sit in their economy product, your knees touch your face cause there is no leg room...

I say they just want the 773 for DOUBLE THE CAPACITY :hrmm:
I find the AA economy seating (on the 777s) to be much larger and more comfortable than the seats of most Asian airlines.