#1 Romario_

Romario_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:53 AM

Hey Guys,

I was wondering, which Heathrow for FSX is better? I was looking into a nice Heathrow scenery, and see that he UK2000 is newer, but I know that Simwings' quality is usually very good.

#2 _TW_

_TW_

First Class Member\Screenshot Hotshot of 2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:56 AM

I would have to say, from just looking at the photos, that Aerosoft's Mega Airport Heathrow is your best bet  :hrmm:

#3 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:59 AM

I have both and personally like the UK2000.

#4 RBV

RBV

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:05 PM

UK2000

#5 clum

clum

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:25 PM

Without any question of doubt, UK2000 is a million times better. It's more detailed, has better performance, and most importantly it depicts Heathrow in it's current state, unlike the Aerosoft version which is based on the airport circa 2005.

UK2000 also has a demo so you can see all this for yourself.

Edited by clum, 11 February 2011 - 12:26 PM.

#6 Spam

Spam

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:48 AM

Yep UK2000 all the way!

#7 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:34 AM

UK2000 is PURE AMAZING for Edinburgh airport and I am sure they are offering same superior quality for Heathrow. As people said that UK2000 offers free working demo for any of its airport sceneries for you to test and try it for UNLIMITED time, what wrong can you go??? I wish FSDream software offers same arrangement!!!!!

Yes I am still using demo version of UK2000 Edinburgh and nobody can tell if it is demo or not!!! Gorgeous details even for demo!!!

Aharon

#8 E-Jet

E-Jet

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:39 AM

View PostAharon, on Feb 13 2011, 10:34 AM, said:

UK2000 is PURE AMAZING for Edinburgh airport and I am sure they are offering same superior quality for Heathrow. As people said that UK2000 offers free working demo for any of its airport sceneries for you to test and try it for UNLIMITED time, what wrong can you go??? I wish FSDream software offers same arrangement!!!!!

Yes I am still using demo version of UK2000 Edinburgh and nobody can tell if it is demo or not!!! Gorgeous details even for demo!!!
Aharon

What would be the point of selling it then if they just give away a free demo which is basically the full product?

UK2000 V2 is the way to go, no doubt.

#9 seat183

seat183

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:25 AM

UK2000 definitely the way to go. So detailed.

#10 clum

clum

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:58 AM

View PostAharon, on Feb 13 2011, 02:34 PM, said:

Aharon

You'd better hope Gary from UK2000 doesn't see that post as one of the T&C's of the demo is that it is only used for 24 hours maximum. It's there to let people see if a scenery will run well on their particular system, so it's a bit cheeky to abuse it like that.

#11 C-FIVS

C-FIVS

Edited SS Hotshot Oct 2011

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:40 AM

View PostAharon, on Feb 13 2011, 09:34 AM, said:

Aharon
Don't you have these red boxes in the scenery saying "demo"?

#12 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:29 PM

View Postclum, on Feb 13 2011, 10:58 AM, said:

that it is only used for 24 hours maximum.

There is such no rule in install instructions for demo version of my UK2000 Edinburgh Ultimate for FSX use that I got from Pilot PC magazine three years ago. You must have seen new rule now. If you see that rule now, you are obligated to observe it. Since I do not see that rule in read only text file or installation instructions in my demo that I got from Pilot PC three years ago, I am not obligated to observe 24 hour maximum and intend to use it as I did for past three years.

Aharon

View PostC-FIVS, on Feb 13 2011, 11:40 AM, said:

Don't you have these red boxes in the scenery saying "demo"?

Shalom C-FIVS,

There is no red boxes that say demo.  There is one big blue box with word Demo in middle of runway.  I do not mind that and can live with that. Rest of the scenery is absolutely joy.

Aharon

And Romanio,

Which software you want to pick should be based on your decision whether you want new terminal T5 (correct me if it is wrong name of terminal that Heathrow just finished building and just opened it for international flights) or not.  Some software do not include new building.

Aharon

Edited by Aharon, 13 February 2011 - 12:26 PM.

#13 C-FIVS

C-FIVS

Edited SS Hotshot Oct 2011

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:57 PM

View PostAharon, on Feb 13 2011, 12:29 PM, said:

Shalom C-FIVS,

There is no red boxes that say demo.  There is one big blue box with word Demo in middle of runway.  I do not mind that and can live with that. Rest of the scenery is absolutely joy.

Aharon
Ok I see, that kinda disturbes me but oh well :hrmm:
I was crazy over LHR this summer but now FRA seems to please me more, even if they only get 1-2 A380's a day! I think i'll buy Aerosoft FRA and the UK2000 LHR. Thanks

#14 clum

clum

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:05 PM

View PostAharon, on Feb 13 2011, 05:29 PM, said:

There is such no rule in install instructions for demo version of my UK2000 Edinburgh Ultimate for FSX use that I got from Pilot PC magazine three years ago. You must have seen new rule now. If you see that rule now, you are obligated to observe it. Since I do not see that rule in read only text file or installation instructions in my demo that I got from Pilot PC three years ago, I am not obligated to observe 24 hour maximum and intend to use it as I did for past three years.

I'm going to say this under the continued assumption that you are infact using the demo version as you have said, and not the free version. If you turn out to have the latter, then none of this applies.

Gary has ALWAYS asked that the demo remain installed for no more than 24 hours.....a reasonable time frame to test performance. If you choose to disregard this and continue to use the software, knowing full well that it is cheating the developer, then that's your call. He's one of the very few developers who actually make the effort to provide us with the option of a demo, so to abuse his trust by breaking his conditions like that is shocking. Aside from providing a demo, he also provides a scaled down 'free' version of the software, and indeed sells his 'full' versions at a more than reasonable price, in a market that is saturated in overpricing.

Choose to keep using the demo if you wish....I won't say a word to him about it, but I hope you feel a little bit ashamed every time you fly through on of the giant blue "demo" boxes, knowing that by continuing to use the demo, you amount to little more than a software pirate.

EDIT: Just to say that i've said my piece so that will be the last I say on the matter as I don't want to get drawn into one of these ridiculous FSW arguments. Fair enough if you didn't know about the 24hour limit, I'm just giving you the information now is all. Your choice whether or not to act upon it.

Edited by clum, 13 February 2011 - 01:16 PM.

#15 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:22 PM

View Postclum, on Feb 13 2011, 01:05 PM, said:

Just to say that i've said my piece so that will be the last I say on the matter as I don't want to get drawn into one of these ridiculous FSW arguments.

Clum,

Not so fast. You already started ridiculous argument with a very honest law abiding respectable FSW member by accusing him of abusing software agreements, accusing him of cheating developer, and calling him very shameful software pirate based on your false facts.

You cannot expect to attack other person's honesty and announcing it is last post on this matter therefore avoiding response and depriving the innocent accused from reply.

Nice try.  I am replying forceful with accurate facts against every ridiculous statement you made in your past posts in this thread.

I'm going to say this under the continued assumption

You accused me of violations of software regulations BASED ON YOUR ASSUMPTION?? You do not accuse people based on assumption!!! You have NO facts. Just childish assumption that is characteristic of children roaming FSW forums and destroying Virtual Airlines forum. Attacking or accusing other FSW members BASED ON ASSUMPTION is very serious violation of FSW regulations. Therefore you broke FSW rules.

Gary has ALWAYS asked that the demo remain installed for no more than 24 hours

really really?  You said Gary ALWAYS asked?  Not so not so not so   After your false accusation, I saw and re-read 3 times  the read me text, the installation instruction text, and the software manual PDF and this told me there WAS NO NO NO mention of 24 hour rule that you had been talking about.  I also reread the copyright agreement that had NO NO NO mention of 24 hour rule. Also the issue of PC PILOT magazine from 3 years ago containing announcement of demo of this software made NO NO NO mention of 24 hour rule. The magazine CD where I installed into my laptop 3 years ago never never never said anything about 24 hour rule.  THAT IS FACT. If the magazine and its CD or software's text notes or software agreement had said 24 hour limit, then I would not have wasted my breath to install and use it for past 3 years but there was SUCH NO MENTION of 24 hour rule.  That is FACT.

if you didn't know about the 24hour limit, I'm just giving you the information now is all.

One problem with your explanations that have more faults and holes than Swiss cheese. You said I do NOT know about 24 hour limit.  On contrary, BASED ON the read me text, the installation instruction text, the software manual PDF, PC PILOT issue, and CD,  I do know know there is NO NO NO 24 hour limit. ALSO, I do know that the PC PILOT magazine and CD from 3 years ago said that readers could use that software as long as they wanted with complete knowledge that they did not mind big blue box in middle of runway and if they wanted to remove blue box, they can buy the program. That was their choice and that is MY CHOICE that I chose to take in strictest accordance with instructions mentioned above in LAWFUL MANNER.

Choose to keep using the demo if you wish....I won't say a word to him about it, but I hope you feel a little bit ashamed every time you fly through on of the giant blue "demo" boxes, knowing that by continuing to use the demo, you amount to little more than a software pirate.

Once again you broke another FSW rule by accusing a very innocent, very honest, very law abiding FSW member calling him unlawful software pirate based on assumptions WITHOUT facts. I stated accurate facts mentioned above.

The only shame on this thread is you Clum. I hope you are proud of yourself for behaving like a child speaking unintelligent gibberish without real concrete facts.  Shame on you for that and for breaking two FSW rules. You better hope that moderators are not pissed at you for serious offenses.

Aharon

#16 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:41 PM

I use UK2000's version of EGLL and love it. Frames are great, and so are the visuals.

View PostAharon, on Feb 13 2011, 11:29 AM, said:

Aharon, I don't think he is talking about an official "rule," it's just that the developer requests people be respectful and only use the demo to test performance or see if they like the quality of the addon. Otherwise, you're basically abusing the fact that he allows people to test his software before purchasing it, something which many developers don't do.

#17 clum

clum

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

Aharon, you really do talk some amount of utter rubbish and are famous around these forums for that very fact. I've got no interest in listening to it any more. Go argue with the developer about it as he will tell you the very same thing that I have been explaining. His forums are here-

http://www.uk2000scenery.org.uk/forum/

I'm not accusing you of breaking any laws, just breaking the devs trust now that you know and continue to use the software. That in my eyes is tantamount to piracy. Even if you didn't know about such limit, you still knew that what you were doing was taking advantage. I've already wasted too much of my time on this. End of.

Edited by clum, 13 February 2011 - 03:50 PM.

#18 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:58 PM

View PostBuziel-411_RED, on Feb 13 2011, 03:41 PM, said:

I use UK2000's version of EGLL and love it. Frames are great, and so are the visuals.
Aharon, I don't think he is talking about an official "rule," it's just that the developer requests people be respectful and only use the demo to test performance or see if they like the quality of the addon. Otherwise, you're basically abusing the fact that he allows people to test his software before purchasing it, something which many developers don't do.

Buziel,

I am guessing you are not reading my posts carefully word by word. I said in my previous post that PC magazine and CD said that readers could use demo as long as they wanted as long as they did not mind blue box in middle of runway and if the readers did not like or did not want blue box in middle of runway, they could unlock the box by buying the software.  And you call it "abusing" if PC PILOT and CD said readers could use that demo as long as they would like as long as they would not mind blue box in middle of runway or remove box by buying?????????????? If I have magazine and CD telling me I could use demo as long as I wanted as long as I accepted blue box in middle of runway, this is NOT NOT called "abusing". PC PILOT and CD made no no no mention of obligation to buy software. PC PILOT and CD said it was used for people to enjoy free demos.  That is it. PC PILOT said enjoy demos without obligations.

Aharon

View Postclum, on Feb 13 2011, 03:48 PM, said:

Clum,

Your link to forums mean NOTHING to me. I have read me text, installation text, and software manual of the software  (which I got 3 years ago) making no no mention of 24 hour rule. That is concrete fact to me. I do not need your link.

You have to observe 24 hour limit probably because you have new softwares installed this or last year. My software along with instructions and copyright agreement that I installed three years ago from CD supplied by PC PILOT made no no no no mention of 24 hour rule.

View Postclum, on Feb 13 2011, 03:48 PM, said:

I'm not accusing you of breaking any laws,

You did by falsely calling me software pirate without concrete facts while you said you acted based on non factual assumption.  In my eyes, software pirates are unlawful who break copyright laws with illegal copies of softwares which I did NOT do.  I bought PC PILOT with its CD.  That is NOT software pirate.

Aharon

Edited by Aharon, 13 February 2011 - 04:05 PM.

#19 Romario_

Romario_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:03 PM

I didn't intend for my post to start a flame war. From what I've read, Aharon is not pirating the software. He's just being mind-bogglingly parsimonious. To be honest Aharon, its kind of perplexing that you would use the demo for so long, as it is, in fact a demo, intended for testing the software. However, I do recommend you buy it, as these sceneries are often the only means of income for a developer. That being said, I purchased the UK2000 scenery, and I am VERY happy with it  :hrmm:

Edited by Romario_, 13 February 2011 - 04:05 PM.

#20 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:13 PM

View PostAharon, on Feb 13 2011, 02:49 PM, said:

Buziel,

I am guessing you are not reading my posts carefully word by word. I said in my previous post that PC magazine and CD said that readers could use demo as long as they wanted as long as they did not mind blue box in middle of runway and if the readers did not like or did not want blue box in middle of runway, they could unlock the box by buying the software.  And you call it "abusing" if PC PILOT and CD said readers could use that demo as long as they would like as long as they would not mind blue box in middle of runway or remove box by buying?????????????? If I have magazine and CD telling me I could use demo as long as I wanted as long as I accepted blue box in middle of runway, this is NOT NOT called "abusing".

Aharon

Aharon, calm down.

I'm talking about the developer's wishes, not the magazine's. All we're saying is that it would be best if you compensated Gary for his work. You don't have to, it would just be the best thing to do.

Your link to forums mean NOTHING to me. I have read me text, installation text, and software manual of the software  (which I got 3 years ago) making no no mention of 24 hour rule. That is concrete fact to me. I do not need your link.

You have to observe 24 hour limit probably because you have new softwares installed this or last year. My software along with instructions and copyright agreement that I installed three years ago from CD supplied by PC PILOT made no no no no mention of 24 hour rule.
You did by falsely calling me software pirate without concrete facts while you said you acted based on non factual assumption.  In my eyes, software pirates are unlawful who break copyright laws with illegal copies of softwares which I did NOT do.  I bought PC PILOT with its CD.  That is NOT software pirate.

Aharon

Aharon, you're the one who isn't reading...

It's my understanding, and this was already said, that this isn't a rule, it's just a request from the developer. No one has to remove the demo after 24 hours, it's just the right thing to do, because it takes a lot of work to develop these addons.

Secondly, he never said what you were doing is pirating, he just said it was morally comparable to piracy in the fact that you are basically cheating the developer out of cash.