7 replies to this topic

#1 RnMedAviator_RMA

RnMedAviator_RMA

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:34 AM

How much would someone charge to create a building at an airport and possible a helipad on a building already in Fs nearby? I'm very unfamiliar with this, so sorry if it sounds ignorant lol

#2 diver3074

diver3074

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:41 PM

Hi,

don't think there should be any need for payment for freeware. Im just taking steps into airport and scenery design. Which airport did you have in mind???

#3 phunistle

phunistle

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

I was looking for this too actually and willing to pay.  I want my home airport upgraded to look like the real thing.  The default scenery for fs2004 (I can't run fsx, don't have a fast enough machine) is terrible.  Basically the only thing that's correct is the physical location and the runway numbers.  It's 0TX1 in Granbury Texas (Pecan Plantation).  I don't think it would be too difficult but I'm horrible with these type of tools.  If someone would be willing to say pull up the airport on Google earth and do it for me it would be greatly appreciated.  Again I would be glad to pay for someone's time and effort within reason.

#4 Tobe-le-Rone

Tobe-le-Rone

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

I have placed a few buildings and trees at a default airport with Airport Design Editor.

It's freeware and it's actually quite easy to use. Choose an object from the library and place it on the map. The program will create a bgl file that you put in your scenery\world folder and that's it!

There are a lot of advanced features like taxiways and parking positions that you don't have to use.

#5 Impulsive

Impulsive

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

View PostToeBee, on Apr 19 2012, 09:52 AM, said:

I have placed a few buildings and trees at a default airport with Airport Design Editor.

It's freeware and it's actually quite easy to use. Choose an object from the library and place it on the map. The program will create a bgl file that you put in your scenery\world folder and that's it!

There are a lot of advanced features like taxiways and parking positions that you don't have to use.
thanks man, im going to try this out and hopefully i can make freeware scenery for Paro Bhutan, does this programme only do buildings or rivers/streams to?

Edited by Impulsive, 19 April 2012 - 11:21 AM.

#6 Tobe-le-Rone

Tobe-le-Rone

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

ADE is only for Airports, hence the name.

If you are using maps2bgl for photoreal scenery, you can edit the image tiles (manually deleting the water areas in the photo) and these areas will be displayed as water in fs.

I don't know about scenery design for rivers only.

#7 HighFlyin

HighFlyin

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

I'll build it for you. I require $5,000 down, and I charge $675 an hour (but I've been known to work for as cheap as $670 an hour). I'll also require $10,000 upon releases of the project. Also, I don't have any fancy time keeping software, so you'll just have to take my word for it on the number of hours involved, but I'm pretty honest, trust me.

Oh, I also don't know how to build scenery yet, but I'll learn as I go, of course you'll be charge for the time this takes as well. Should I need to attend developer's conferences, I'll have to invoice you for those as well.

I'm hoping if we can start today, you'll be able to at least see a product more or less half finished in 32-36 months from now.

So, do we have a deal?

Edited by HighFlyin, 24 April 2012 - 09:00 AM.

#8 SoarFlyConcepts

SoarFlyConcepts

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

well some people are just full of "comedy" as for us we make EVERYTHING FREE
if you want scenery for a low price then go to flight1 but if you want scenery for no price then come to soarfly concepts.
honestly... you cant go wrong i have over 4 years of scenery designe skills under my belt and a cook, but enough about food
lets talk candy. PM us