#41 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:43 PM

Alright I'll chime in here..  again.

No one has a right to use VATSIM.  It is, was, and always will be, a privilege to use, and in order to continue using their services and networks, you must follow their rules.  It might be your house, but it is their network.  It is their programs.  It is their service.  You either follow their rules, or you find yourself griping like little girls like a few of the children here are.

As a former Senior Instructor in the ZTL ARTCC, I kicked people off almost on a daily basis..  from people having more aircraft malfunctions to people pretending to intercept airplanes to people who just left and forgot they where still online.  It seems the biggest complaint here is that VATSIM does not allow you to have an extended period of being AFK.  Going to the restroom or getting something to drink/eat is to be expected..  but if you aren't coming back then you need to sign off.  You can sign back on when you return, refile, and get clearance in the air.  And calling the ones who are in charge "nerds" or "dorks" doesn't omit you from the same group..  they might be what you call them, but so are you, you're the one on their networks.  You're using a network operated by nerds, enjoyed by nerds, used by nerds, and you pretty much have to be a nerd to use it, unless you're just too cool to use it...  in which that case, why are you even complaining?  That nerds booted you?  Big loss right there..  there's always AI, IVAO, and Gamespy.  

VATSIM has been around far longer than you've been involved in FS (I can tell because you used the wrong word in a previous post), and just because you "might" not be a problem, they have had people like you in the past who where problems...   that's why they have rules.  VATSIM isn't just for the enjoyment of FS pilots..  they're for the enjoyment of the controllers.  There's nothing fun or cool about having a plane wiz by your airspace, or depending on your plane, begin an approach, while no one is behind the wheel.  It's intrusive to their airspace, and at popular airports, it can cause (because it has in the past) conflicts with other users.  VATSIM doesn't need you, it's there for your enjoyment..  but if you're not going to follow their simple rules, then don't act like a 13 year old girl when you find you've been suspended or banned.

#42 tvieno

tvieno

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:59 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on May 17 2011, 11:50 AM, said:

Its your diet which makes you overweight,not necessairly physical activity. I've been driving for 9 years, and I weigh 135 lbs; which is actually underweight for my size.

I wasn't talking about you.  But I do agree, when you see the size of the guys at the buffet, you know they gotta eat that almost everyday.  When they consume 2500+ cal of salty, greasy fast food on a daily basis, then sit in that left seat for 5, 6, 7, 8 hrs at a stretch, assuming they have stopped by then for a piss break and I definitely hope that they don't drive the whole 11 at one time, hardly moving except to exercise their jaws on the cb, and when they shut down for the night, they'll keep circling the truckstop until a spot that is either a pull through or closest to the restaurant opens up, it is inevitable that they might put on a pound or 200.

I remember this one guy, he was so wide, I swear, when he got into his KW anteater, he had to be touching the door and the gear shifter at the same time.

#43 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:14 PM

^Very irrelevant but the greatest danger from sitting that long consistently is not gaining weight (as mentioned, diet is a significant factor in that); it is blood clotting and related problems.

#44 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:31 PM

View PostJoey McCormick, on May 17 2011, 12:55 PM, said:

Driving a tractor trailer is different, your constantly moving and doing something. Not sitting in a computer chair staring at a monitor. It has been found that doing so causes health and vision problems. Get your facts straight. Also I have never not once been contacted by a controller when I was suspended. Just a supervisor. I would have noticed the "Please Contact me on XXX.XX" on squawkbox if that was the case. I know about the 30 minute rule as well. But still. Most people stay connected and leave it unattended when there is no controller online. I don't see the problem really when it is uncontrolled airspace.

Your wasting your time trying to argue this because simply you do not understand a word I am saying. So I am done now. Good day sir.

Joe Joe Rocket Ship.
I do understand what you're saying; but what you're saying is against the server rules. Im not trying to start a argument here; Im stating the facts. If you don't want to babysit the airplane, then don't fly on VATSIM. I don't care if you don't like it, and neither does anyone else you're sharing the server with. don't fly on VATSIM if you cant stay with the airplane. Its that simple.

Also, there isnt much difference. Sitting is sitting. If you sit for 10ish hours, where you sit makes very little impact on your health. Also, don't ever talk down on me or anyone else in the community again. I don't care if you're a real pilot or not.

Edited by THBatMan8, 17 May 2011 - 09:44 PM.

#45 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:34 PM

View PostJoey McCormick, on May 17 2011, 02:55 PM, said:

Most people stay connected and leave it unattended when there is no controller online. I don't see the problem really when it is uncontrolled airspace.

And you've asked the majority of VATSIM users this question?  No, you're just assuming.  Assumption is the mother of all..   bad stuff.

And, if you're not at the controls in FS while on VATSIM, how do you know when a controller signs on?  You're not there.  Here's the deal..  welcome to the internet.  You are a guest on every website you visit that you don't own.  While visiting social areas and games and servers, you have to play by their rules.  If you don't like it, then leave.  They're not forcing you to stay, and you contribute nothing to them, so they don't care if you stay or go, but  if you stay, you must follow their rules.

You're the one who keeps claiming that no one is understanding what you're saying, but you need to look in the mirror..  if you can't read, understand, and follow the rules then don't preach to others about comprehending written English.

#46 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:14 PM

View Postnwilkinson, on May 18 2011, 04:34 PM, said:

Assumption is the mother of all..
Posted Image

#47 Joey McCormick

Joey McCormick

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:44 AM

View Postb0gey_dead_six, on May 17 2011, 04:34 PM, said:

I don't fly fighters... I fly for www.joinava.org - and you're a moron. You don't like being told what to do on your own machine? Don't log onto VATSIM then. You must be a little kid.

I'm no kid, I'm a grown man someone who enjoys what he does. I am a military kid, army. I also hold a pilot's license and will one day be flying the heavy metal cans that float around above us. Please watch what you say before you say it. I never called you a moron or a little kid. I'd appreciate it if you would do the same, I can easily report that. But I choose not too because I don't care. Anyways...answering the mans post.

You are suspended, that's about it. Because you have spammed Vatsim several times with different accounts and since they have found out I have a sneaking suspicion you will never be aloud back onto the network. Sorry to say it, IVAO may be your best bet and don't make the same mistake again.

Cheers

View PostTHBatMan8, on May 17 2011, 10:31 PM, said:

I do understand what you're saying; but what you're saying is against the server rules. Im not trying to start a argument here; Im stating the facts. If you don't want to babysit the airplane, then don't fly on VATSIM. I don't care if you don't like it, and neither does anyone else you're sharing the server with. don't fly on VATSIM if you cant stay with the airplane. Its that simple.

Also, there isnt much difference. Sitting is sitting. If you sit for 10ish hours, where you sit makes very little impact on your health. Also, don't ever talk down on me or anyone else in the community again. I don't care if you're a real pilot or not.

I wasn't speaking to you. Thanks. The politics on this site, never gets old. It's a simulator. Enjoy it. Positivity people, I have opinions too. If you don't like it well too bad, you have your opinions and I simply choose to voice mine as well just like the rest of you are doing. You are targeting me right now and I do not appreciate it.

#48 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:23 AM

View PostJoey McCormick, on May 18 2011, 11:44 PM, said:

I wasn't speaking to you. Thanks. The politics on this site, never gets old. It's a simulator. Enjoy it. Positivity people, I have opinions too. If you don't like it well too bad, you have your opinions and I simply choose to voice mine as well just like the rest of you are doing. You are targeting me right now and I do not appreciate it.

You need to choose your words more carefully then. I am not targeting you, and I am not trying to start a argument. I also choose not to fly on VATSIM, but I'm not going to bash VATSIM or it's users because I don't like certain rules.

#49 Joey McCormick

Joey McCormick

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:51 AM

Mhm, would be nice if someone locked this topic too. It's gotten a little out of hand don't you think. Seems to happen a lot around here. Someone asks a question and it turns into a political debate. Just saying. Cheers though, godspeed.

#50 E-Jet

E-Jet

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:44 PM

View PostJoey McCormick, on May 20 2011, 05:51 AM, said:

Mhm, would be nice if someone locked this topic too. It's gotten a little out of hand don't you think. Seems to happen a lot around here. Someone asks a question and it turns into a political debate. Just saying. Cheers though, godspeed.

No offense but you kind of turned it that way. :hrmm:

Edited by Embraer, 25 May 2011 - 02:46 PM.

#51 Joey McCormick

Joey McCormick

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

View PostEmbraer, on May 25 2011, 03:44 PM, said:

No offense but you kind of turned it that way. :hrmm:

Already looked out of hand when I stepped in, I was just joining in on the fun. I'm barely on these forums anymore because everyone's so negative. Enjoy yourselves for god sake it's a flight simulator. Were on here to enjoy each others company not to bash each other. Every other forum I've been on, people enjoy the company of other simmers. Here everyone complains and argues with each other. It's a privilege not a right.

#52 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:06 PM

View PostJoey McCormick, on May 25 2011, 04:04 PM, said:

Already looked out of hand when I stepped in, I was just joining in on the fun. I'm barely on these forums anymore because everyone's so negative. Enjoy yourselves for god sake it's a flight simulator. Were on here to enjoy each others company not to bash each other. Every other forum I've been on, people enjoy the company of other simmers. Here everyone complains and argues with each other. It's a privilege not a right.
Erm, do you not see the hypocrisy in that post? :hrmm: