#1 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:51 PM

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I wanted to modify existing CAY cargo livery of POSKY 757s currently in service with CayCargo by adding cool logos to the two textures.

I used Paint Shop Pro and successfully added cool logos to the two texture files and double checked by looking at the texture files which showed existence of logos on both sides of the plane. So I added it to the livery file and started FSX to see the work.

Guess what? The livery appears BUT without logos. So I repeated the process by deactivating read only option and repeated the same work of adding logos to the texture using administrator's rights.

I checked to verify existence of logos on both side of the plane in texture file and the result was same success as first try.

BUT when I started FSX and loaded the 757 with that livery, the livery shows up but without logos.

What did I do wrong? This is my first livery attempt. I even saved texture file in same file format as it is which is bmp. file.

Aharon

#2 Romario_

Romario_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

View PostAharon, on Jun 6 2011, 12:51 PM, said:

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I wanted to modify existing CAY cargo livery of POSKY 757s currently in service with CayCargo by adding cool logos to the two textures.

I used Paint Shop Pro and successfully added cool logos to the two texture files and double checked by looking at the texture files which showed existence of logos on both sides of the plane. So I added it to the livery file and started FSX to see the work.

Guess what? The livery appears BUT without logos. So I repeated the process by deactivating read only option and repeated the same work of adding logos to the texture using administrator's rights.

I checked to verify existence of logos on both side of the plane in texture file and the result was same success as first try.

BUT when I started FSX and loaded the 757 with that livery, the livery shows up but without logos.

What did I do wrong? This is my first livery attempt. I even saved texture file in same file format as it is which is bmp. file.

Aharon

Save it as a .bmp file extension, download DXTBMP, open it in that, and convert/save it as a DDS (WITHOUT MIP MAPS) :hrmm:

#3 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:59 PM

View PostRomario_, on Jun 6 2011, 05:35 PM, said:

Save it as a .bmp file extension, download DXTBMP, open it in that, and convert/save it as a DDS (WITHOUT MIP MAPS) :hrmm:

ok i will try this

thanks

aharon

#4 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

Romario,

Tried that. Did not work.  Livery showed up fine but without logos even though the logos are in texture files!!!

Aharon

#5 Romario_

Romario_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

make sure that the tail texture file name is the same as any other paintkit that you have.

#6 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

View PostRomario_, on Jun 7 2011, 07:20 PM, said:

make sure that the tail texture file name is the same as any other paintkit that you have.

I did but it did not work   It is ok.  Livery painting is for talented texture painters:):hrmm:):hrmm:

Aharon

#7 Romario_

Romario_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:29 PM

View PostAharon, on Jun 7 2011, 07:07 PM, said:

I did but it did not work   It is ok.  Livery painting is for talented texture painters:):hrmm:):hrmm:

Aharon

It doesn't take that much talent to convert an image to a .BMP/.DDS

#8 E-mage

E-mage

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:41 PM

save it as .bmp with DXTBMP. The problem is probably in the aircraft.cfg file, or the texture name (spellings? missing characters?) . Did you overwrite the original or did you make a new texture folder?

#9 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:05 PM

View PostRomario_, on Jun 11 2011, 12:29 AM, said:

It doesn't take that much talent to convert an image to a .BMP/.DDS

I did and it did not work

View PostE-mage, on Jun 13 2011, 11:41 PM, said:

save it as .bmp with DXTBMP. The problem is probably in the aircraft.cfg file, or the texture name (spellings? missing characters?) . Did you overwrite the original or did you make a new texture folder?

I simply overwrote the original.  The texture name remains same and the file type name still remains as .bmp.

It does not matter.  This tells me that livery painting should belong to extremely talented painters:):hrmm::) Not me

Aharon