30 replies to this topic

#1 Capoeira

Capoeira

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:05 AM

This scenery is almost finished. Thought I'd share some photos with you all and see what you all think. The scenery itself is all taken from original, FSX library. The surrounding mesh/landclass is upgraded to better match the real thing.

I've been looking for a good Cancun scenery for a long time and since there really aren't any good ones out there I made my own. Below are comparisons of original FSX and my Cancun scenery. Although the scenery is semi fiction, I think the reality factor is greatly improved of the hotel zone area and since there are no custom buildings and only original FSX files, the FPS are almost unafected.

Here are some shots. As you can see stock Cancun FSX is a deserted place.

Posted Image

But with the Cancun scenery...

Posted Image

Downtown area is only farmland

Posted Image

With the Cancun scenery we have a city

Posted Image

Again the hotel zone default...

Posted Image

And with the Cancun scenery...

Posted Image

I'd like some coments on the photos. I'm sorry about the bad quality as these are taken on my slower working pc, my FSX pc is in for repair at the moment.

I'll see if I can post some better photos later.

There are highways added as well as traffic to make everything come to life.

Also, for those of you who own the Tropical Sim Cancun airport scenery, I've also made some extra scenery to help the surrounding areas blend in better.

Hope you all enjoyed it!

#2 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:43 AM

If this is for FSX default, this is outstanding!!!! I do not understand why you say semi fiction when it looks so realistic and plausible!!  Great work  I shall look forward to your download on avsim or flightsim!!!

Look at your last screenshot. You can see you put pier with pleasure and fishing boats inside very small lake instead of on beach coast.  I do not know if it is correct or not

Aharon

#3 Capoeira

Capoeira

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

Thank u for your comment.

It's all default FSX. When I say semi-fiction, it means that there are no custom buildings. Everything you see is from the FSX model library. The big bonus here is that you can get away with alot of scenery without sacrificing alot of FPS.

I've tried to place scenery where they belong, ie marinas, hotels etc. So I'm sure people who know Cancun well should know their way around.  :hrmm:

There is about 1700 square miles of upgraded mesh to make the surroundings much more real. Also, over 160 miles of new coastline and beaches to replace missing lagoons etc. Looks great. The plan is also to include Isla Mujeres.

This scenery probably won't be free, unfortunately, but will be very affordable, under 10 euros. This is why I need comments and sugestions before I do any releasing.

Thanks you.

View PostAharon, on Jul 5 2011, 03:43 PM, said:

Look at your last screenshot. You can see you put pier with pleasure and fishing boats inside very small lake instead of on beach coast.  I do not know if it is correct or not

It's correct. This is where the Club Med hotel is. It's hard to see, but there is an inlet and a low bridge on the other side of the lagoon where small boats can exit. Sailboats won't be able to exit here which isn't very real, but they are part of the marina model so I have no choice.

#4 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

I am VERY IMPRESSED that you included accurate detail of Club Med in your scenery!!  

Good luck with your project!!!!

I am not expert in designing sceneries but if you want to have pilots enjoy scenic approaches to both ends of runways of the international airport, maybe you should include buildings and stuff under the runway approach paths so that pilots can enjoy view while approaching runways of the international airport??  Right?

Aharon

Edited by Aharon, 05 July 2011 - 12:35 PM.

#5 Capoeira

Capoeira

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

View PostAharon, on Jul 5 2011, 07:34 PM, said:

maybe you should include buildings and stuff under the runway approach paths so that pilots can enjoy view while approaching runways of the international airport??  Right?

Correct, that was the whole idea. Approach to Cancun in default FSX scenery is a joke. 90% of all approaches are from the west. If you look at google earth you will see that almost all of the area west of the airport is forest. So that was the easy part. As for takeoff, I think you now have a great view over the Cancun hotel zone on the left hand side of the aircraft.

Some more shots...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:13 PM

very very nice   GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!

Aharon

#7 garyhall2530

garyhall2530

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

Hello,
     Is this done yet ?  I love it, want it, need it LOL  Looks like great work.  I own the Tropical Sim Cancun airport scenery, so since you mention you have made it compatible, i am ready to buy, just take PayPal if you can, make it easy to buy and let me know where and how and i am on it :hrmm:  Thanks for doing this. Gary

#8 rsperge

rsperge

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

I have been loooking for something with cancun, I ave been their twic e once at the Contintential Hotel and on the point the El Camino real it was great pics loook awsome

#9 Capoeira

Capoeira

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

Sorry for the late reply. The scenery is indeed finished and released. Available at simmarket.com. Just search for CancunX.

I am now almost finished with a PanamaX scenery of the entire city of Panama including the Panama canal and it's municipial airports. No photos at the moment, but watch out on simmarket in the near future for release.

Thank you!

Andreas

#10 Mumbles

Mumbles

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

View PostAharon, on Jul 5 2011, 06:43 AM, said:

If this is for FSX default, this is outstanding!!!! I do not understand why you say semi fiction when it looks so realistic and plausible!!  

View PostAharon, on Jul 5 2011, 06:43 AM, said:

Look at your last screenshot. You can see you put pier with pleasure and fishing boats inside very small lake instead of on beach coast. I do not know if it is correct or not

Hmmmm  :hrmm:

#11 HighFlyin

HighFlyin

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

View PostAharon, on Jul 5 2011, 09:43 AM, said:

Great work  I shall look forward to your download on avsim or flightsim!!!

I'm sorry but it's going to cost 99 cents. Out of your reach I suppose :hrmm: .

To the OP: Great job. It's to bad I don't sim anymore. I was always looking for a fantastic Cancun scenery. It surprises me more hasn't been done given it's popularity in real life.

#12 EduardoSpaz

EduardoSpaz

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

Its 12 Eur.  Looks like this one is out of reach.

#13 garyhall2530

garyhall2530

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

I am off to Sim Market to buy, thanks for doing it, have a great day.
Gary

#14 garyhall2530

garyhall2530

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:08 AM

Ok well i would have bought it, if i could have found it, anyone have a direct link to the sales page ?  I have Credit Card in hand ready to buy, i WANT this scenery LOL  :hrmm:  Thanks, Gary

#15 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

View Postgaryhall2530, on Mar 21 2012, 09:08 AM, said:

Ok well i would have bought it, if i could have found it, anyone have a direct link to the sales page ?  I have Credit Card in hand ready to buy, i WANT this scenery LOL  :hrmm:  Thanks, Gary
http://secure.simmar...e_cancn-x.phtml

#16 garyhall2530

garyhall2530

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

Sweet, thank you so much, i swear i looked really hard to find it LOL, i must have been blind, off to buy and then go fly to Cancun now, have a wonderful day :hrmm:  Gary

#17 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

View Postgaryhall2530, on Mar 21 2012, 12:15 PM, said:

Sweet, thank you so much, i swear i looked really hard to find it LOL, i must have been blind, off to buy and then go fly to Cancun now, have a wonderful day :hrmm:  Gary

do not forget to take screenshots and post here!!

Aharon

#18 HighFlyin

HighFlyin

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostAharon, on Mar 21 2012, 02:11 PM, said:

do not forget to take screenshots and post here!!

Aharon

Why don't you just get the darn scenery then?

Edited by HighFlyin, 21 March 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#19 Capoeira

Capoeira

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostHighFlyin, on Mar 21 2012, 06:20 AM, said:

I'm sorry but it's going to cost 99 cents. Out of your reach I suppose :hrmm: .
To the OP: Great job. It's to bad I don't sim anymore. I was always looking for a fantastic Cancun scenery. It surprises me more hasn't been done given it's popularity in real life.

View PostEduardoSpaz, on Mar 21 2012, 06:25 AM, said:

Its 12 Eur.  Looks like this one is out of reach.

Thanks everybody for good reviews. I'm sorry this scenery costs 12 Euros, however the commission on simmarket is quite high, so this was necessary. However, I do feel it's a good solid scenery and worth the price.

The Panama and Manaus scenery will be about the same price, but the scenery is much much larger and way more detailed. It's been a learning process designing scenery, and as we learn and production goes faster we can deliver much better sceneries over time for the same price.

Best regards,
Andreas

#20 EduardoSpaz

EduardoSpaz

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

I was just being funny about aharon.  i rarely use fsx so this scenery is not for me.  Looks pretty sweet though.