• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 _TW_

_TW_

First Class Member\Screenshot Hotshot of 2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:50 PM

Spent most the day cleaning and detailing my car today; had to take a couple photos  :hrmm:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Dano

Dano

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

Very respectable car Toby. Those rims look great, I bet you're still smiling for the price you paid  :hrmm:

#3 learjet45dream

learjet45dream

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:35 PM

Beautiful pics, but I'm just not a huge fan of the styling of civics :hrmm: I much prefer my 4th gen Legacy. It's probably even slower than your Civic (I'm pretty sure the only thing it's faster than from the last 20 years is a Geo Metro B)), but <3 The new wheels look good!

#4 Kentaro

Kentaro

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,959 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:44 PM

Yeah those new wheels look great! Congrats on the purchase :hrmm:

#5 pieterjan456

pieterjan456

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:57 AM

Nice looking car dude!
congrats!

#6 _TW_

_TW_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:56 PM

View PostDano, on Oct 23 2011, 09:58 PM, said:

Very respectable car Toby. Those rims look great, I bet you're still smiling for the price you paid  B)

Thanks Dano!  You're right, I still can't believe it..best purchase in a long time  :P

View Postlearjet45dream, on Oct 23 2011, 10:35 PM, said:

Beautiful pics, but I'm just not a huge fan of the styling of civics :( I much prefer my 4th gen Legacy. It's probably even slower than your Civic (I'm pretty sure the only thing it's faster than from the last 20 years is a Geo Metro :(), but <3 The new wheels look good!

Thanks and trust me, I'd love to have a sportier car but at the time (Feb. '08), my credit wasn't established much and I didn't have any help with a co-signer, so I had to get something that I could afford, gets good gas mileage, is cheap on insurance, and is reliable.  I've hit all those targets so I've been more than happy with the car.  Adding the SI wheels certainly helped the appeal of the car for me.  And for only having a 1.8L 140hp with no torque, this thing is actually quite fun to drive if you stay in the higher RPM's.  And I can still average 30mpg when driving it hard so I really can't complain too much!  :thumbsupguy:

View PostKentaro, on Oct 24 2011, 12:44 AM, said:

Yeah those new wheels look great! Congrats on the purchase B)

Thanks Kentaro  :thumbup:

View Postpieterjan456, on Oct 24 2011, 01:57 AM, said:

Nice looking car dude!
congrats!

Thank you pieterjan456  :hrmm:

#7 learjet45dream

learjet45dream

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:40 AM

View PostToby Werner, on Oct 26 2011, 05:56 PM, said:

Thanks and trust me, I'd love to have a sportier car but at the time (Feb. '08), my credit wasn't established much and I didn't have any help with a co-signer, so I had to get something that I could afford, gets good gas mileage, is cheap on insurance, and is reliable.  I've hit all those targets so I've been more than happy with the car.  Adding the SI wheels certainly helped the appeal of the car for me.  And for only having a 1.8L 140hp with no torque, this thing is actually quite fun to drive if you stay in the higher RPM's.  And I can still average 30mpg when driving it hard so I really can't complain
Cheap to insure? Haha, I've been on Lotus forums reading that people were quoted less to insure an Elise than a Civic mainly based upon the fact that the Lotuses aren't stolen as much. Granted, they are probably older with clean driving records, but I can still believe it.

IIRC, my parents said our insurance went up about $100/mo when adding me when I got my license at $16, but that went down when we got the Subaru (and I am insured on all 3 cars: 07 Elantra, 07 TL, 08 Legacy)

Edited by learjet45dream, 28 October 2011 - 12:41 AM.

#8 _TW_

_TW_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:26 AM

Yeah I doubt I could insure an Elise for $50 a month full coverage  :hrmm:

#9 learjet45dream

learjet45dream

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:00 PM

Haha. Call up your insurance and find out :hrmm:

#10 Alaska_MD-83

Alaska_MD-83

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,971 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:30 PM

I love driving my civic. It's a seriously fun car to drive. It's not supremely fast, but I promise I have more fun driving it hard than my friend in his A4. (Despite the Audi being a better car in nearly every way.) 31 MPG whilst driving like an idiot isn't bad either!

Lookin good Toby. I'm going to go wash mine now actually.