- - - - -

Photoshop Element 10 (and 9 and CS4 and CS 5)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Bman.

Bman.

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

Afternoon all -

I am turning to my sim friends since they tend to have Triplehead2Go setup more frequently than that the average Photoshop user.  The interface with the 3H2Go is corrupt and I assume it's a scaling issue with the PE GUI.

Have any of you figured out how to make Adobe PE / CS4 / CS5 or LR work in a 3H2Go environment (win 7 64b)?

Here is my original thread over at the adobe forum...  no help there.  I posted the same question months ago with 0 responses and I suspect there will be little change here.

http://forums.adobe....4014967#4014967

Good evening -

I finally broke down and bought a new DSLR camera.  Now, I only need an editing software to tighten up the images.  The only problem I am having is that Photoshop Elements 10 (and 9) GUI does not want to play well with my current rig.

Key components:

1) Win7 Ultimate 64

2) eVGA 460 1GB

3) Matrox 3H2Go with 3x22" lcds

No matter what I try to do, the menu bars are corrupt upon opening PE.   I have tried eliminating any desktop themes, GPU driver is most current, hardware acceleration off etc etc.

Any thoughts as to what might be going on?  I am sure it's related to scaling of the GUI with the Matrox Triplehead display.   It's the only program I have issues with in terms of working in this 3 monitor setup.

I have 29 days to nail this issue before I have to wait until release 11 comes out

Posted Image

#2 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

Looks like that portion of the toolbar isn't being drawn back into the window.

When you see it happen again, try minimizing the window, then pulling it back up again. It should redraw the toolbar.

#3 Bman.

Bman.

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

No luck - I have tried to get any / all Adobe products with this type of GUI to function.
They all have the same results - including about the past 5 nVidia drivers, PE8,9 and now 10.

This is my latest attempt with PE 10 since I am looking for a product to use with the DSLR

I am about to jump ship with Adobe editing on this computer.  I just don't see it happening with the 5040x1050 resolution.

Any more suggestions and I will certainly give it a go.

#4 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:25 PM

Very strange.

Have you looked through the OpenGL settings in the Adobe apps? I know Photoshop has a few advanced OpenGL features, and I had an issue where an [older] AMD driver completely crashed whenever Photoshop was initiated anything with OpenGL. So I had to disable those in the settings and then Photoshop was fine.

Edited by -Dexter, 08 November 2011 - 10:25 PM.

#5 Bman.

Bman.

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

Yeah, I have read up on it... Elements doesn't have any GL settings that I can find.
Hmmm...   Adobe trying to be too smart with their GUI is making my life more difficult.

Any other suggestions for editing tools?  I have reviewed the long list on cnet downloads and tucows but nothing really stands out with features.

#6 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:51 AM

The Adobe stuff is usually the best. Another [free] option would be Paint.NET, which has lots of plugins available.

#7 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:57 PM

Is your problem solved?

Aharon

#8 Bman.

Bman.

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:03 PM

For the most part - I have to restrict the size of the window from fully spanning 3x monitors wide.  The Adobe toolbar in the GUI has scaling text as the window size increases.  Once the window width goes beyond the text fitting within the designated table sizes of the toolbar it corrupts.  I found the sweet spot to be about 3/4 overall 3x width.  

I have adjusted my work area to really have the primary window centered with the toolbars on the left and right monitors.  I lose a little real estate overall but in the end, it's not like I was working on the canvas areas below the toolbars anyway.  For the most part, this just keeps my working content focused and my toolbars fixed to the left and right.

#9 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:14 AM

It's a corrupt install. I've had this happen before, albeit in older versions. You'll want to uninstall the software and use Adobe's cleaner program. I don't have the link or the exact name, you'll have to find it, but it's very simple to use. You just run it and it removes all traces, restart, and install the programs. It isn't the most efficient way to fix it, but I'm afraid it's the best option next to reinstalling Windows.

Because of the way Adobe's software works, it shares run files throughout the software architecture. Removing an run file or driver will cause issues with any Adobe apps you're running. It's a pain in the :hrmm:, but you shouldn't expect much from Adobe.

Edited by SwitchFX, 07 December 2011 - 05:15 AM.

#10 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:25 AM

Thanks for reply, Bman

#11 Bman.

Bman.

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:44 AM

It should be noted this is for all adobe products I have installed (CS2, Acrobat, Reader, Elements).

#12 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

Have you tried updating your video card drivers?

I've run into an issue recently with AMD drivers and OpenGL in Photoshop. Disabling the OpenGL features in Photoshop fixed it. I'm not sure if PSE has a similar setting for OpenGL, but it may be worth taking a look at.

Edited by -Dexter, 07 December 2011 - 08:48 PM.