78 replies to this topic

#61 divemaster08

divemaster08

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:40 PM

If you must know the reason he won't use FSX SP1+2 is that he states that he uses FS9 sceneries/aircraft in FSX. So of course when you use wrongly coded sceneries/aircraft in a newer software, they won't work. Hence why he sticks with the original FSX. Because he wants to have his Free Jewish airport of LLBG from FS9 and not get the one for FSX (which is payware) he won't upgrade.

In reference to demo version of Fraps, as far as I am aware there is no payware version of fraps..... I use Fraps in my videos (the few of them) and it does cause a slight drop in frames

#62 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:12 AM

View Postbl00mfield, on Dec 10 2011, 10:30 PM, said:

Aharon, you think maybe the problem is with your add-ons, and NOT sp1/sp2? You would enjoy FSX a lot more if you had the proper add-ons and sp2.

Bloomfield,

Good question about proper add-ons. As I stated in previous post that even without proper add-ons, SP1 and SP2 makes my laptop sluggish and slow. So it does not matter if I am using proper add-ons.

Here is my explanation:

Here is my story that will answer your question.

2 or 3 years ago, I read in PC PILOT and COMPUTER PILOT many articles about SP1 and S2 with claims by those magazines as well as Microsoft that FSX would run TWENTY PERCENT faster than without those two upgrades. So I got excited and installed those.

Guess what??? FSX became sluggish and I just found out that after installing SP1 and SP2 when I reinstalled all the freeware sceneries and addon planes (I was required to remove all sceneries and add on planes before installing SP1 and SP2), all freeware FS2004 sceneries would not work with SP1 and SP2 of FSX. I made investigation on SP1 and SP2 from extensive research and found out that those updates dealt with improvement of terrains which was why all freeware FS2004 sceneries would render useless especially my important LLBG scenery.

GRRRRRRRR Had to uninstall WHOLE FSX and then reinstall it without SP1 and SP2. FSX ran very fast. So I added all freeware sceneries and addons that work well without SP1 and SP2, and everybody was happy with my screenshots.

That is it

Aharon

#63 Santa

Santa

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:51 AM

View PostAharon, on Dec 11 2011, 01:12 PM, said:

Bloomfield,

Good question about proper add-ons. As I stated in previous post that even without proper add-ons, SP1 and SP2 makes my laptop sluggish and slow. So it does not matter if I am using proper add-ons.

Here is my explanation:

Here is my story that will answer your question.

2 or 3 years ago, I read in PC PILOT and COMPUTER PILOT many articles about SP1 and S2 with claims by those magazines as well as Microsoft that FSX would run TWENTY PERCENT faster than without those two upgrades. So I got excited and installed those.

Guess what??? FSX became sluggish and I just found out that after installing SP1 and SP2 when I reinstalled all the freeware sceneries and addon planes (I was required to remove all sceneries and add on planes before installing SP1 and SP2), all freeware FS2004 sceneries would not work with SP1 and SP2 of FSX. I made investigation on SP1 and SP2 from extensive research and found out that those updates dealt with improvement of terrains which was why all freeware FS2004 sceneries would render useless especially my important LLBG scenery.

GRRRRRRRR Had to uninstall WHOLE FSX and then reinstall it without SP1 and SP2. FSX ran very fast. So I added all freeware sceneries and addons that work well without SP1 and SP2, and everybody was happy with my screenshots.

That is it

Aharon
Thats the fifth time I've read that post today. Do you copy and paste it all? Also lol.

#64 divemaster08

divemaster08

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:41 AM

View PostSanta, on Dec 11 2011, 08:51 AM, said:

Thats the fifth time I've read that post today. Do you copy and paste it all? Also lol.
No i think he has saved Text documents with the usual responses that Aharon gives.....

1) FSX SP1+2 issue
2) Childish people
3) Shalom and Greetings all my Pals

#65 Santa

Santa

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:29 PM

Let's not forget the one that he made himself with:

MONSTER ENGINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#66 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:01 PM

View PostAharon, on Dec 11 2011, 06:12 AM, said:

and everybody was happy with my screenshots.

I hate to be a dick.

But no. No one has been happy with your screenshots. I understand that its about you having fun, which is fine. But your screenshots are utter crap. And you spam the forum with them constantly. LISTEN TO OUR ADVICE. PLEASE.

#67 Santa

Santa

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:34 PM

View PostBrandon_, on Dec 11 2011, 06:01 PM, said:

I hate to be a dick.

But no. No one has been happy with your screenshots. I understand that its about you having fun, which is fine. But your screenshots are utter crap. And you spam the forum with them constantly. LISTEN TO OUR ADVICE. PLEASE.
Countdown to being called childish; 3... 2... 1...

#68 British_Midland

British_Midland

Private Pilot - IFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

View PostSanta, on Dec 12 2011, 12:34 AM, said:

Countdown to being called childish; 3... 2... 1...

Nah not this time.

He's in the romper room with the rest of us. Aharon found out how to ignore posts.

#69 Santa

Santa

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:55 PM

British_Midland, on Dec 12 2011, 12:40 AM, said:

Nah not this time.

He's in the romper room with the rest of us. Aharon found out how to ignore posts.
:hrmm:. There goes my fun. I have a question for you anyway mate. Check your PM in a minute.

#70 Guest_caaront_*

Guest_caaront_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

y'all so crazy

#71 Shamir

Shamir

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

I didn't read any reply.. just reply to the OP

HDR, theoretically speaking can't be done with a screen picture of a game.

HDR consist of the same image being exposed in many different exposure variants making it a "real" image of what the eye would see in any given moment at the given scene in the given conditions.

If you walk into a room with a window at mid day you are going to see every single detail in the room the same way as you can see outside of the window.
However, if you take  a camera, being a photography or video camera, and you point it inside the room you are going to see that the windows are all blown out as they are around 5 to 6 stops brighter than the inside of the room.. If you point the camera in the direction of the windows, you are going to see the outside very well but the inside will be pitch black as it is 5 to 6 stops of light darker..

What HDR does is that it combines a Picture with the outside exposure correct and the inside exposure way dark and another picture with the inside exposure correct and the outside exposure way bright and it makes a subtle balance so that it can reproduce what the human eye sees..

Flight Simulator and any other game graphics allow the player to see in a very high dynamic range.
If we couldn't see in that dynamic range it would be probably useless to fly as cockpits tend to be 3 stops darker than the exterior in most flying conditions..

#72 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:47 PM

Shamir don't waste your time, he didn't even want HDR he just wanted a way to make composite screenshots without putting any effort into it

#73 Shamir

Shamir

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:15 AM

upsss got it hahaha !  :hrmm: B)  grrr

#74 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:07 AM

Shamir,

Thanks for your explanation.  I am well aware of HDR functions but Paint Shop Photo Pro X4 Ultimate's manual books claim that you can add or remove objects of same scene from many photos such as airport terminal with same gates utilizing HDR technology hence me asking if it can be done with screenshots of FSX.

[Derogatory comment removed]

Thanks for your explanation.

Aharon

Edited by Jetset, 17 December 2011 - 01:11 PM.

#75 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:52 PM

I'm curious as to what kind of derogatory comment he made against me :hrmm:

#76 British_Midland

British_Midland

Private Pilot - IFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

View PostBrandon_, on Dec 17 2011, 09:52 PM, said:

I'm curious as to what kind of derogatory comment he made against me :hrmm:

He used the "C word".

Child.

#77 E-Jet

E-Jet

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:58 PM

View PostBritish_Midland, on Dec 17 2011, 05:56 PM, said:

He used the "C word".
Child.

I'm probably not the only one that thought he used the other "C word". I was gonna say, hes taking it to another level.

Edited by DanM, 17 December 2011 - 05:00 PM.

#78 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:18 PM

We should really let this thread die at some point ... :hrmm:

Edited by Brandon_, 17 December 2011 - 05:18 PM.

#79 Santa

Santa

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:06 AM

View PostBrandon_, on Dec 17 2011, 10:18 PM, said:

We should really let this thread die at some point ... :hrmm:
Where wold the fun be in that?