8 replies to this topic

#1 jetblast787

jetblast787

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

Prepare for takeoff! On the heels of a successful beta, we're excited to announce that “Microsoft Flight" will be available to download worldwide for free starting February 29, 2012, right here at www.microsoftflight.com. In addition, the Hawaiian Adventure Pack – which includes the remaining Hawaiian Islands, a new plane and 20 new missions – will be available to purchase the same day through Games for Windowsâ€"LIVE.

Microsoft Flight lets players jump into the fun, freedom, and adventure of flight with no special hardware or past experience. If you have a mouse and a PC, you can fly!

http://www.microsoft...s-flight_launch

Edited by iranair787, 06 February 2012 - 12:41 PM.

#2 jcovelli

jcovelli

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:11 PM

i thought all of hawaii was free? they give you the most boring island for free.... :hrmm:  

$20 for the rest of hawaii

$12.50 for the maule

$6 for the p51 mustang

we're almost at the price of fsx on release... already

now i know why they made it run good... instead of spending $2000 on a computer... that's what you're gonna pay for the rest of flight B)

and so it begins..... (the demise of flight that is)

Edited by jcovelli, 06 February 2012 - 01:11 PM.

#3 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

View Postjcovelli, on Feb 6 2012, 08:11 PM, said:

i thought all of hawaii was free? they give you the most boring island for free.... :(  

$20 for the rest of hawaii

$12.50 for the maule

$6 for the p51 mustang

we're almost at the price of fsx on release... already

now i know why they made it run good... instead of spending $2000 on a computer... that's what you're gonna pay for the rest of flight B)

and so it begins..... (the demise of flight that is)

Are you serious? Is it going to be that expensive?  :(

I know I won't be spending any money on Flight.

Also, screenshot 3 looks like :hrmm:. They still haven't fixed the textures.

#4 MattGarner

MattGarner

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

"The Hawaiian Adventure Pack will be available via Games for Windows –LIVE for 1600 Microsoft Points. "

"The Maule M-7-260C including a richly detailed external model and a beautifully created cockpit will be available via Games for Windows—LIVE for 1200 Microsoft Points. "

"The North American P-51 Mustang flyable from the outside will be available via Games for Windows—LIVE for 640 Microsoft Points. "

#5 jcovelli

jcovelli

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

my favorite part is how they describe the planes.. as beautiful and full of detail and such..... when really they are just the same ones from fsx with a cpl new textures.......

#6 jetblast787

jetblast787

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

I don't usually judge something before its released, but this is ridiculous. I guess thats the end of FS as we've known it. Gonna stick with good old FS9

#7 Heimi77

Heimi77

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

Yes, but MS is not as silly as it looks.
Base game for free, some will say" oh let`s have a look on an aircraft with IFR capabilities"
-> 14 Bucks for the Maule
Then they will say " oh, not so bad, let`s see what the rest of the game looks like"
-> 19 Bucks for Hawaii and VANS RV-6A

That should be enough succes for MS, or at least make them believe it is success.
Maybe some idiots then will also buy the mustang for another 8 Bucks.. just to have more speedy aircraft...

#8 BlueVanGogh

BlueVanGogh

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

maybe in a couple of years microsoft will bundle some stuff together for a better deal. i might consider putting some money into Flight then, but definitely not with the current prices.

Edited by BlueVanGogh, 06 February 2012 - 04:30 PM.

#9 SK-1323

SK-1323

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

Flight don't sound too promissing at the moment, that's for sure, and if the worst rumors does come true, it's not something im going to invest in.

But let's just wait for the judgement and verdics until it's released and the rumors are either confirmed or false :hrmm:

Either way i'm not too concerned about it, i just started using FSX a few months ago anyway

Edited by SK-1323, 06 February 2012 - 05:09 PM.