- - - - -

which pc specs can run fs2004 on max 40+ fps?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 sahiwal007

sahiwal007

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:39 AM

looking to do a new pc build, needed some help
trying to run fs2004 to the max (including full AI traffic and scenery) but want to maintain a 40+ above fps, using with a 30" dell monitor.

#2 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

Anything manufactured in the last 3-4 years.

#3 _BD6_

_BD6_

June '10 Screenshot Hotshot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

Heh heh Dexter.

OP, what's your budget? That makes all the difference.

#4 EduardoSpaz

EduardoSpaz

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

View Post-Dexter, on Apr 8 2012, 07:24 AM, said:

Anything manufactured in the last 3-4 years.

Not at all.  

You would need atleast a dual core cpu at 2.4ghz or higher per core, 3-4gb of ram, and a decent GPU with 512mb dedicated video memory.

#5 _BD6_

_BD6_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

View PostEduardoSpaz, on Apr 8 2012, 10:56 AM, said:

Not at all.  

You would need atleast a dual core cpu at 2.4ghz or higher per core, 3-4gb of ram, and a decent GPU with 512mb dedicated video memory.
That would be in the last 3-4 years.

#6 EduardoSpaz

EduardoSpaz

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

I could go buy a cheap PC at best buy today that wouldnt be capable of handling fs2004.  So sick of all the people who want to be funny on this forum.

#7 sahiwal007

sahiwal007

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

View PostEduardoSpaz, on Apr 8 2012, 12:33 PM, said:

I could go buy a cheap PC at best buy today that wouldnt be capable of handling fs2004.  So sick of all the people who want to be funny on this forum.

i agree with you , if you don't have an answer, so don't waste your time posting on my thread,

my budget is 2,000 no moniter, just the pc, is there anything out there that can handle fsx? smoothly?

#8 _TW_

_TW_

First Class Member\Screenshot Hotshot of 2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

For 2 grand you can definitely build a computer capable of maxing out FSX and probably close to every other game out there.  Are you in the States or UK or elsewhere?  I can put together a system for you if you'd like.

And just to clear something up - Video RAM isn't everything.  A card that has 1GB VRAM can be outperformed by a card that only has 512MB VRAM.  The main thing to look for in a graphics card is which graphics chip (core) it uses.  A slow chip with 2GB's of VRAM will perform worse than a fast chip with less VRAM.

#9 _BD6_

_BD6_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostEduardoSpaz, on Apr 8 2012, 12:33 PM, said:

So sick of all the people who want to be so serious. If you're sick of it already, I would leave now - the feeling is only going to get worse.

On a serious note - I have contributed more than you can expect to know on this forum to countless users.. don't think I'm trying to be funny.

Every computer you see at best buy today is guaranteed to have more than a single core, and most will have a decent GPU.

$2000. Did you even bother searching for the countless other threads here asking for build advice? Find them, learn what's good and what's not.

Edited by _BD6_, 08 April 2012 - 08:00 PM.

#10 EduardoSpaz

EduardoSpaz

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

View Post_BD6_, on Apr 8 2012, 07:59 PM, said:

So sick of all the people who want to be so serious. If you're sick of it already, I would leave now - the feeling is only going to get worse.

On a serious note - I have contributed more than you can expect to know on this forum to countless users.. don't think I'm trying to be funny.

Every computer you see at best buy today is guaranteed to have more than a single core, and most will have a decent GPU.

$2000. Did you even bother searching for the countless other threads here asking for build advice? Find them, learn what's good and what's not.
Happy Easter to you too. Your reasoning of helping others in the past is no excuse to leave smart :hrmm: remarks now, I am starting to see rather quickly why people choose to avoid this forum.  And I don't know what Best Buy you go to but that is def. not the case.  Yes they are almost all dual cores, but alot of the computers still have onboard graphics, rather than stand alone video cards.  Everyone deserves a little personalized advice.

#11 _BD6_

_BD6_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Yawn.

So your "minimum requirement" recommendations were personalized to his needs?

#12 EduardoSpaz

EduardoSpaz

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

View Post_BD6_, on Apr 8 2012, 10:14 PM, said:

Yawn.

So your "minimum requirement" recommendations were personalized to his needs?
Atleast I gave it a shot rather than acting like a 10 year old child.

Edited by EduardoSpaz, 08 April 2012 - 10:48 PM.

#13 _BD6_

_BD6_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

View PostEduardoSpaz, on Apr 8 2012, 11:46 PM, said:

Atleast I gave it a shot rather than acting like a 10 year old child.
Show me, seriously - where I acted like a 10 year old child... please.

#14 sahiwal007

sahiwal007

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

on topic please

#15 _BD6_

_BD6_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

With all due respect.. did you even search for the hundreds of threads in the last few months aaking the same questions?

I like to help .. but if you're not even going to put forth any effort into researching what works and what doesnt.. well then.

#16 _TW_

_TW_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

BD6 - There's no reason to be acting the way you are man, if you aren't going to help the guy, step aside and leave the topic for others to help him.  If you really wanted to help than you would have.  What you've posted in this thread is quite far from that.  You and I both know that.

The to OP - Maybe you missed my last post but where would you be doing your shopping?  I can put together a build for you to give you an idea of what you could get for that sort of money.

#17 _BD6_

_BD6_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

View Post_TW_, on Apr 9 2012, 11:29 AM, said:

BD6 - There's no reason to be acting the way you are man, if you aren't going to help the guy, step aside and leave the topic for others to help him.  If you really wanted to help than you would have.  What you've posted in this thread is quite far from that.  You and I both know that.

The to OP - Maybe you missed my last post but where would you be doing your shopping?  I can put together a build for you to give you an idea of what you could get for that sort of money.

-------------------------------------------------------------

and that drew this response from Ed

Happy Easter to you too. Your reasoning of helping others in the past is no excuse to leave smart  remarks now, I am starting to see rather quickly why people choose to avoid this forum.

So wth. I'm not acting any different, I told the OP to search for previous threads because there's been a lot of threads on hardware lately.. and it's no different today than a few weeks ago.  I didn't say it in a manner that's like a 10 year old. Eduardo seems to think I was trying to be a smart :hrmm:? Don't understand why my posts are coming off like that.

But really, the OP comes in and asks "what can run fs2004 maxed out" without including his budget, where he's from, or if he wants to build his own vs. buying prebuilt. I asked him for his budget, and his next reply was telling me if I had nothing productive to say then don't post at all lol... when I was just replying to Eduardo's argument. It's apparent he's put no thought into it at all. Sorry for the derail.

Just sayin'.

edit: to prevent further accusations of me being a dick, here you go OP.

2600k, z68 board, 8gb ram, gtx570 or better GPU, 650+w psu. now you have it.

#18 _TW_

_TW_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

View Post_BD6_, on Apr 9 2012, 11:49 AM, said:

2600k, z68 board, 8gb ram, gtx570 or better GPU, 650+w psu. now you have it.

See, was that so hard?  Could have saved a lot of time and confusion.  Not everybody is as tech-savvy as others on this forum, and simply won't understand what we mean when we tell them to get a quad core and a card with 1GB graphics memory.  Sure, in a perfect world, the OP could have took some time to check out some topics in the Tech section.  But there's nothing wrong with making a topic and asking what to go with.  This is still a forum you know..  :hrmm:

#19 _BD6_

_BD6_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

View Post_TW_, on Apr 9 2012, 02:52 PM, said:

This is still a forum you know..  B)
:hrmm:

#20 flowmp

flowmp

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

This is ridiculous, he wrote this topic to receive some help and he still hasn't gotten it -___-