- - - - -

Problem with British Airways Virtual Entrance Exam

British Airways Virtual Entrance Exam Problem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 marpixct

marpixct

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:57 AM

I wrote to you to ask concerning a problem with the BAV entrance exam.
I and my girlfriend are enthusiast of Flight Simulator, we have a beautiful home cockpit.
Today my girlfriend has tried the British Airways Entrance Exam but she does not pass the test for  only just 1 answer.
The problem that we have with the exam is:
The passing mark is 16, she made 15. But one questions was marked as wrong instead we think it's correct.
The question is:
- To which rank of BAV is the 777-200 restricted?
The possible answer are:
- First Officer
- Senior Fist Officer
- Captain
- Senior Captain
- I don't know

She answer Captain.
As you can see in the BAV Manual here http://www.bavirtual.co.uk/manual/bav_sop.pdf the Captain and also Senior Captain can fly 777-200 so why they marked my question as wrong?
In case that we misunderstood the question restricted to means which rank can not fly the 777 the paradox is clear, intact how can i choose between two answers that are booth correct? (First Officer and Senior Officer)

Am i right in complaining?

Thank a lot

PS
Sorry for my bad english

#2 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

PS,

It is probably glitch.  Just send email to admissions dept of the VA.  It happened to me once. When I joined EL AL virtual, I had to take exam which required NO MORE than 4 wrong answers to pass the 30 question test. When I took it, I got half of the test right which I was pretty sure was totally impossible. So I sent screenshot snaps of my test to the admissions dept which quickly corrected the bug error and I took the exam again passing it with only three errors.

I think it was glitch or admissions dept's error in the answer field.

Aharon